Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 22 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3379070 - 09/29/13 12:48 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3379203 - 09/29/13 02:26 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3379223 - 09/29/13 02:37 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
bigtex
8 Point

Loc: Brush Creek

Originally Posted By: BSK
Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.

Not tried the Evod but I do use the KangerTech T3S it is a "bottom feeder" and has a replaceable post. So far these are my favorites. They usually last for more than a month then start loosing their ability to produce very much vapor. Just replace the post and they are as good as new. Also pretty inexpensive.

#3379304 - 09/29/13 04:07 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Loc: joelton

Originally Posted By: BSK

Haven't really had problems with the evods (pretty much all I use) but I will say if you don't care for them to definitely stay away from the protank. The coils in those are the same style as the evod and actually have a mor airy draw to them. I think I clear has a bottom coil but haven't tried them personally. There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

#3379311 - 09/29/13 04:12 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
donkey5150
4 Point

Loc: joelton

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

You basically have a battery and a tank for the ejuice. Fill the tank, screw it on the battery and hit the button while you draw on it. If I was starting over again I would buy an ego twist(variable voltage) with any of the kanger brand tanks. They are busy not bad on the wallet...just stay away from some of the mall kiosks. Some of them want 4 times as much as what you can get one at a good vape shop. And all the shops are usually very helpful in getting you what will work for you as well as sampling different juices

#3379622 - 09/29/13 06:45 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
Buccaneer
4 Point

Loc: Hendersonville

I've killed deer directly under my stand eating wads of Red Man chewing tobacco that I had spit out the day before. The varmints will eat anything or come to anything particularly if it has a sweet scent.
#3380420 - 09/30/13 07:59 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Buccaneer]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

Ttt

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3380492 - 09/30/13 08:37 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

get the innokin startup kit at nashville vapor. It is 60$ you get two batteries a charger and five tanks.

#3380530 - 09/30/13 08:51 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: donkey5150
There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

I've replaced the coil in my Evod twice and still have the plastic taste, but I've not tried modding it myself to a different wick material. I change coils so often (every two weeks) that I would hate to have to replace the wick material by hand each time.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3380582 - 09/30/13 09:23 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

Think of a vaporizer as an e-cigarette that actually works! For an e-cigarette to fulfill its purpose, it must adequately simulate the experience of smoking. E-cigs, like Blu or others, sold at Walgreens or other retail places, don't properly simulate smoking enough to make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers do make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers are basically much more powerful and efficient e-cigarettes. They are also MUCH less expensive than retail e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes have a small rechargeable battery and a small container--called a cartomizer--that holds the nicotine liquid (and flavoring) as well as a small electric coil. When the battery is turned on (by either pushing a button or by drawing air through the cartomizer), the tiny coil heats up and vaporizes the liquid nicotine, which you breath in as a vapor. The problem with retail e-cigarettes is the low voltage and lifespan of the rechargeable battery, the poor quality of the electric coil, and the limited amount of liquid nicotine stored in the cartomizer (which are thrown away when empty). Having to buy all those throw-away cartomizers gets expensive. Plus the limited amount of vapor produced doesn't provide a sensation close enough to smoking to make giving up smoking easy. Vaporizers have much more powerful batteries, the heater coils are of higher quality, the cartomizers/clearomizers are refillable, the nicotine liquids are of higher quality (and much cheaper), and the sensation produced is far closer to smoking. Plus, the flavors available for the nicotine liquids (e-liquids) are so good that most people who try vaping find that they didn't like the taste of a cigarette as much as they thought they did. Smokers only like the taste of a cigarette because they associate that taste with the nicotine they crave. Give the same nicotine rush with a truly pleasant taste and they find out real fast that cigarettes actually taste pretty awful.

Page 4 of 22 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (Twinshooter, Rob R., Zulu, gtk, deadeye 77, lung-buster, 13 invisible) and 114 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89380 Topics
1045399 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.253 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.