Tndeer Logo

Page all of 22 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3376714 - 09/27/13 12:10 PM Vaping in the stand
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Old hickory Tn

Does anyone do it? Just wondering how well a deer will smell it. I would imagine it would be less intrusive than cigarettes or dip. Does anyone have any input?
I'm thinking apple flavor! \:\)

#3376720 - 09/27/13 12:16 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

I think I am going to be vaping tomorrow. Might try vanilla or something. We will see what happens.

#3376723 - 09/27/13 12:19 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

At first I thought this was "fapping" in the stand lol
#3376729 - 09/27/13 12:23 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

I don't think it will hurt, probably no worse than the coffee and biscuit breath most of us will have. I have seen plenty of deer killed while people were smoking in the stand, and I have even killed deer with a cigarette burning on the rail. I will be vaping because deer are somewhat curious critters, it will keep me from going crazy in the stand and I believe until they associate a certain smell with danger there is no harm. I'm sure Dr. BSK will weigh in on this matter.

#3376737 - 09/27/13 12:27 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
MattR
8 Point

Originally Posted By: UTGrad

LOL

I think that might scare them off.

Edited by MattR (09/27/13 12:36 PM)

#3376768 - 09/27/13 12:49 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
WVBulldog
4 Point

Loc: Franklin County, TN

I have and will be. From what I can tell (what I see), it doesnt have much of an impact. I use french vanilla when I am in the stand.

#3376811 - 09/27/13 01:26 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: WVBulldog]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

not sure about vaping. i remember one time laying a cigar down on the ground to shoot a buck. he came in like he was smelling it.

#3376815 - 09/27/13 01:33 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Brisco Darlin]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin
not sure about vaping. i remember one time laying a cigar down on the ground to shoot a buck. he came in like he was smelling it.
Cigars smell like a ripe tarsal gland.

#3376897 - 09/27/13 03:01 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: SES]
MattR
8 Point

where is Bsk?? lol

#3376930 - 09/27/13 03:25 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
Southern Sportsman
8 Point

Loc: West TN

I had to google the current meaning of "vaping." Since college, I've understood it to mean smoking marijuana from a vaporizer (which can be flavored like apples). When I first read this thread, I was perplexed. Then when this many people joined in, I decided it was worth a google. Glad there aren't that many people who get high while bow hunting. Plus the logistics of carrying and using a vaporizer in a tree stand had me confused.
#3376999 - 09/27/13 04:30 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
bigtex
8 Point

Loc: Brush Creek

I've been vaping for over two years. And I always vape while on stand. Killed 5 deer last year 3 were bucks. A 1.5,3.5 and a 4.5 year old. They never smelled me.
I use it as a wind indicator, lol.
I figure if they can smell my vape they would probably smell me anyway.

#3377001 - 09/27/13 04:32 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Southern Sportsman
I had to google the current meaning of "vaping." Since college, I've understood it to mean smoking marijuana from a vaporizer (which can be flavored like apples). When I first read this thread, I was perplexed. Then when this many people joined in, I decided it was worth a google. Glad there aren't that many people who get high while bow hunting. Plus the logistics of carrying and using a vaporizer in a tree stand had me confused.

LMAO!!!!

Μολων λαβε

#3377158 - 09/27/13 07:32 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: in the dog house!]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

What do you guys buy and use for ecigs? I've bought a couple different brands and it hasn't curbed the cravings. Generally I don't smoke when I bowhunt. Not to say I haven't but I try to avoid it if possible. I've killed some deer smoking or within minutes of putting one out. I bring an extra container for the ashes and butts.

#3377261 - 09/27/13 08:45 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JeepKuntry]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

The store bought eCigs are junk! Do a Google search for eGo clearomizers and that type is what a lot of beginners use. You can buy liquid that has all kinds of different flavors and nicotine levels to suit your taste and nicotine threshold. There probably is some kind of Vapor store around you over there in Knoxville, if not there is all kinds of stores on the net. MadVapes.com is one that I use.

#3377475 - 09/28/13 06:32 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
thejetman
6 Point

Loc: Knox

Well I have a theory about smoking in stand in general. I have killed three deer ten minutes after putting a cigarette out. All of which came from downwind. I think, and this may be crazy, that the deer are intrigued by the smell wafting through the air. It may be a new smell to them and they are curious creatures by nature. So saying that, it may be that they are wanting to find the source of this new smell in their area. It could be shear coincidence, but I think that they want to come hang out with the cool kids behind the flagpole after class once and a while.

#3377501 - 09/28/13 07:08 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

I thought the same lol. My first thought was " well he likes hunting more than me."

#3377522 - 09/28/13 07:37 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

My bride has been vaping for 3 months. She hasn't had a cigarette since. I can't smell an oder from the vapes. Good luck!!!

#3377605 - 09/28/13 08:49 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
BIGORANGE
8 Point

Loc: Memphis, TN

\:D
If you show up here not welcome, son."

#3378376 - 09/28/13 08:49 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
93civEJ1
10 Point

Loc: TN, USA

haha...great way to relax and pass the time.

#3378438 - 09/28/13 09:29 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: 93civEJ1]
TNGunhunter
6 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

Hunted with my fiancee' doubled up in the stand with me last year. We both smoke, so after having a cigarette, we'd share a vanilla cigar as our next "smoke". Only 15' in the air, and we shot 3 deer from that spot. 2 were on opening day of gun, 15 minutes apart. Draw your own conclusions...lol

#3378482 - 09/28/13 09:53 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNGunhunter]
UTGrad
14 Point

What websites do y'all look at when vaping?
#3378760 - 09/29/13 08:04 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
bigtex
8 Point

What websites do y'all look at when vaping?

Hoosier, ecigs is where I started, but there are now a lot of ecig stores where they can answer all your questions.

#3378779 - 09/29/13 08:26 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: MattR
where is Bsk?? lol

Still moving stands!

I haven't decided what flavor I will vape while hunting. I would love to find a good vanilla, but haven't found one I like yet. I may vape banana nut-bread or perhaps hazelnut.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3378783 - 09/29/13 08:30 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JeepKuntry]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
What do you guys buy and use for ecigs? I've bought a couple different brands and it hasn't curbed the cravings. Generally I don't smoke when I bowhunt. Not to say I haven't but I try to avoid it if possible. I've killed some deer smoking or within minutes of putting one out. I bring an extra container for the ashes and butts.

Forget e-cigs. They won't curb your craving. Look into vaporizers (PV = Personal Vaporizer). They work great. I've been a smoker for 25 years, and tried absolutely everything. Nothing worked until I found vaporizers. Given free choice with no ramifications, I would choose vaping over smoking absolutely every time. And with vaping, you can control the nicotine content. I'm just about to step down to half the nicotine level I first started with 5 months ago. I hope to be nicotine free within a year.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3378786 - 09/29/13 08:32 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
Mudbone
10 Point

There is a good vanilla At Vulcan vape on west end. I liked it. The hazelnut from nashville vapor is my current favorite.

#3378851 - 09/29/13 09:31 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Mudbone
There is a good vanilla At Vulcan vape on west end. I liked it. The hazelnut from nashville vapor is my current favorite.

Hazelnut and Enter the Dragon (from Nashville Vapor) are my two go-to flavors right now. Banana nut-breed is also on the list. I haven't been to Vulcan. I'll have to stop by.

#3378860 - 09/29/13 09:39 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Loc: joelton

BSK you really should try Vulcan. While I like Nashville Vapor, their markup on products is high. Vulcan is one of the few vape stores that I have found to be reasonable compared to buy of the internet. They also have a very good selection of flavors. The staff there is also very helpful as well.

#3378871 - 09/29/13 09:49 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: donkey5150
BSK you really should try Vulcan. While I like Nashville Vapor, their markup on products is high. Vulcan is one of the few vape stores that I have found to be reasonable compared to buy of the internet. They also have a very good selection of flavors. The staff there is also very helpful as well.

When I checked their website, their prices were higher than Nashville Vapor. But I'll check again.

#3379011 - 09/29/13 12:06 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Not sure about online, but in store they were the cheapest for most of the items I have found. Especially for the ego style batteries and particularly the bigger mod like the Vamo.

#3379058 - 09/29/13 12:44 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

I'll check them out. Besides, I'm always looking for a larger selection of e-liquid flavors. I still need a good vanilla.

#3379070 - 09/29/13 12:48 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.

#3379203 - 09/29/13 02:26 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3379223 - 09/29/13 02:37 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
bigtex
8 Point

Originally Posted By: BSK
Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.

Not tried the Evod but I do use the KangerTech T3S it is a "bottom feeder" and has a replaceable post. So far these are my favorites. They usually last for more than a month then start loosing their ability to produce very much vapor. Just replace the post and they are as good as new. Also pretty inexpensive.

#3379304 - 09/29/13 04:07 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Haven't really had problems with the evods (pretty much all I use) but I will say if you don't care for them to definitely stay away from the protank. The coils in those are the same style as the evod and actually have a mor airy draw to them. I think I clear has a bottom coil but haven't tried them personally. There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

#3379311 - 09/29/13 04:12 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
donkey5150
4 Point

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

You basically have a battery and a tank for the ejuice. Fill the tank, screw it on the battery and hit the button while you draw on it. If I was starting over again I would buy an ego twist(variable voltage) with any of the kanger brand tanks. They are busy not bad on the wallet...just stay away from some of the mall kiosks. Some of them want 4 times as much as what you can get one at a good vape shop. And all the shops are usually very helpful in getting you what will work for you as well as sampling different juices

#3379622 - 09/29/13 06:45 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
Buccaneer
4 Point

Loc: Hendersonville

I've killed deer directly under my stand eating wads of Red Man chewing tobacco that I had spit out the day before. The varmints will eat anything or come to anything particularly if it has a sweet scent.
#3380420 - 09/30/13 07:59 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Buccaneer]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Ttt

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3380492 - 09/30/13 08:37 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Mudbone
10 Point

get the innokin startup kit at nashville vapor. It is 60$ you get two batteries a charger and five tanks.

#3380530 - 09/30/13 08:51 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

I've replaced the coil in my Evod twice and still have the plastic taste, but I've not tried modding it myself to a different wick material. I change coils so often (every two weeks) that I would hate to have to replace the wick material by hand each time.

#3380582 - 09/30/13 09:23 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

Think of a vaporizer as an e-cigarette that actually works! For an e-cigarette to fulfill its purpose, it must adequately simulate the experience of smoking. E-cigs, like Blu or others, sold at Walgreens or other retail places, don't properly simulate smoking enough to make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers do make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers are basically much more powerful and efficient e-cigarettes. They are also MUCH less expensive than retail e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes have a small rechargeable battery and a small container--called a cartomizer--that holds the nicotine liquid (and flavoring) as well as a small electric coil. When the battery is turned on (by either pushing a button or by drawing air through the cartomizer), the tiny coil heats up and vaporizes the liquid nicotine, which you breath in as a vapor. The problem with retail e-cigarettes is the low voltage and lifespan of the rechargeable battery, the poor quality of the electric coil, and the limited amount of liquid nicotine stored in the cartomizer (which are thrown away when empty). Having to buy all those throw-away cartomizers gets expensive. Plus the limited amount of vapor produced doesn't provide a sensation close enough to smoking to make giving up smoking easy. Vaporizers have much more powerful batteries, the heater coils are of higher quality, the cartomizers/clearomizers are refillable, the nicotine liquids are of higher quality (and much cheaper), and the sensation produced is far closer to smoking. Plus, the flavors available for the nicotine liquids (e-liquids) are so good that most people who try vaping find that they didn't like the taste of a cigarette as much as they thought they did. Smokers only like the taste of a cigarette because they associate that taste with the nicotine they crave. Give the same nicotine rush with a truly pleasant taste and they find out real fast that cigarettes actually taste pretty awful.

#3402019 - 10/14/13 01:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Took this video of a spike I passed on Saturday morning. At the 3:15 mark I let out a big puff of a French vanilla mix.Then at the 3:25 or so mark I think the smell made it to him. Continued puffing away. Little guy stayed around for 30 minutes until he just walked away. Never spooked but sure was sniffing away. Don't know if it was ME or the vanilla vape, but it was cool to watch.

#3402159 - 10/14/13 03:17 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

Where did you get your vanilla from donkey5150?

#3402184 - 10/14/13 03:36 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Vulcan Vape carries the Johnson Creek brand French Vanilla. Personally one of the best vanillas I have had. You can also order online from them.

Edited by donkey5150 (10/14/13 03:40 PM)
Edit Reason: had to fact check myaelf

#3402324 - 10/14/13 05:19 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

Thanks donkey5150. I'll have to drop by their physical store. I don't like ordering flavors online I haven't personally tried yet. But I'm definitely looking for a good vanilla before MZ opens.

#3402343 - 10/14/13 05:37 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Loc: fairview Tn.

Just started ain't had a cigg in 6days !seem to b feeling better already,gonna check out Vulcan this week French van.sounds good for the stand
#3402350 - 10/14/13 05:40 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: vonhogslayer
Just started ain't had a cigg in 6days !seem to b feeling better already...

Just wait. In a month, you absolutely won't believe how great you feel, how much energy you have, and how good everything tastes as your sense of smell will be back.

#3402359 - 10/14/13 05:45 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
donkey5150
4 Point

No problem BSK. Hope you like it, although taste is subjective. I just know how picky I am, especially with vanilla. And congrats and good job vonhogslayer. Those first day can be tough for some, because of all the coughing up ju k from cigs. But once the taste buds come back and the breathing recovers it is soooo worth it. And by no means am I an expert on the whole vaping thing but over the past year and a half I have hit the vaping forums and try to soak up what knowledge I can. (Kinda like I do here. I mostly lurk and not speak up.) It was just crazy that i has the young spike come in and got the vapor on camera while i filmed. Didnt know until i watched it back. But if anyone has any questions just hit me up!

Edited by donkey5150 (10/14/13 05:47 PM)

#3402399 - 10/14/13 06:15 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Thanx it really hasn't been hard at all,and have smoked for thirty years I'm sold lol!i thought sumtin was wrong with my coffee,I just tasted it lol,pretty cool!I have a cheap one,vapor zone but it works pretty good but might have to upgrade......
#3402411 - 10/14/13 06:23 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
bigrob
4 Point

Loc: grundy TN

BSK. have you tried the vivi nova tanks. I love mine

#3403055 - 10/15/13 07:23 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: bigrob
BSK. have you tried the vivi nova tanks. I love mine

I haven't tried the Viva Nova tanks, primarily because of their size. I don't want a big tank sitting at the end of a slim Ego Twist battery. I tried a Kanger Evod clearomizer, and love the airiness of the draw (and like the theory behind bottom-wick systems), but for me, their wicks produce an unpleasant plastic taste.

#3404210 - 10/15/13 09:01 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

So let me ask you all this, if you had $100 and could get one of these, which one would you get? I am a "go big or go home" kind of guy. i dont want a starter, nor a pro, but a good medium unit. i will probably be going by nashville vapor tomorrow after work to get one. which unit is a good medium that is adjustable and quite compact? id like it to be in the $40-70 range and then i will get whatever i need with it. I'm a starter here, so i will decide on flavor, but what "dosage of nicotine" do i need to start with?

i am very particular about this stuff.....meaning i want it to work the first time, or mentally, i wont want to use it ever again \:D . seriously, i want something that is not too bold, but not light at all. i am sure the guys at the store can help, but just wanting yalls advise as well. thanks!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3404352 - 10/15/13 11:08 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
bigrob
4 Point

bsk. try the protank it is a bottom fed tank with wonderful flavor and there is a mini vivi nova that is good small size. o and by the way try the black devil e-liquid it is wonderful

#3404356 - 10/15/13 11:13 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
bigrob
4 Point

jcdeerman. I would look at the ego twist 1100. I would go with the 16mg. I just started myself and went from smoking 3 packs a day to 2 cigs a day. hope this helps

#3404370 - 10/15/13 11:43 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

JCDEERMAN, I personally didn't like the Ego twist—only because both tanks ended up leaking on me. After talking to BSK, I switched over to the Evod and really like it—much better draw/vape. I haven't gotten the funny taste that BSK mentioned and it only comes apart at the bottom—unlike the Ego clearomizer which can/will come apart in three different locations. As bigrob recommended I would go with the Ego style battery, but give the Evod tank a serious look. Upgrade the batteries if possible to 1000mah.

#3404371 - 10/15/13 11:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Another good vanilla I just found is one from http://www.myvaporstore.com and it is called killa vanilla—it doesn't taste purely like vanilla, but more like a waffle house waffle loaded with syrup with a vanilla kick to it. It's really good!

Had a spike and 8pointer come in, just about 10 yards out of my max range while I was puffing away Saturday morning. ;\)

#3404527 - 10/16/13 07:31 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
donkey5150
4 Point

JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges. I agree with TNdeerman on the evods for a tank. I haven't had the taste issue BSK has had. They also have a Protank mini that is like the evod, but made from Pyrex, which would allow for vaping cinnamons and other juices that cause cracking in plastic tanks. As for dosage, it all depends on howuch you smoked, but I was a 2 1/2-3 pack a day and found I couldn't do the 24mg. I started with either a 12 or 18 depending on what I could find. Strength will vary person to person.

#3404537 - 10/16/13 07:38 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
BSK
Non-Typical

I would probably go with a pair of 1000 mah Ego Twist batteries. As for the clearomizer, that always ends up being personal preference. But I would probably go with what gets the most recommendations, like Vivi Nova (mini) or Kanger Evod. But the guys at Nashville Vapor have everything and will tell you what is getting the best reviews. However, I can just about guarantee that you will end up experimenting, just like everybody else does, and you will try two, three, four or more different clearomizers over time. And honestly, that's the only way to find what you like best.

Now per your original question, if I had $100 to spend, I would get the Innokin Itaste SVD with iClear30 clearomizer (6 wicks!). That thing is a MONSTER! Big J bought one and loves it. It uses replaceable rechargeable batteries up to 2250 mah, and has both adjustable wattage and voltage. The big downside is size. This would be my "home" unit and not considered a "travel" unit.

#3404539 - 10/16/13 07:40 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges.

I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

#3404546 - 10/16/13 07:44 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

I hate to do it, but for only $8-10 invested, I'm going to have to buy another Evod. Maybe the weird taste I experience that no one else does is from the unit I have. NOBODY else reports this weird taste, so maybe I just got a bad one. I sure LOVE the airiness and amount of vapor produced by the Evod. Much better than the type 2 clearomizers I use most.

#3404556 - 10/16/13 07:53 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

The knockoffs are definitely garbage. On a whim I bought one of these knockoffs they have at the twice daily markets. Won't charge or fire. And while I have gotten a bad EGO branded one, seems like all the cheap knockoffs have issues from the start. All that being said...when i constantly drop them out of pockets, cars, treestands...etc. I just go with what my wallet can handle. Still cheaper than smoking!

#3404588 - 10/16/13 08:09 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

All that being said...when i constantly drop them out of pockets, cars, treestands...etc. I just go with what my wallet can handle. Still cheaper than smoking!

I hear that! Smoking was costing me about $250 per month. Once past the initial equipment purchases, vaping is costing me about $50 per month.

#3405395 - 10/16/13 05:24 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Alright guys, I went to Nashville Vapor today. Bought me a Kanger Evod with a 1000mah Ego Twist battery. I tried a 12mg flavor and after one hit there in the store, I felt it \:D

I realize this thread is about vaping in your stand. I definitely won't be doing that but do want to get off having small cigars when having a few drinks. That's the only time I smoke. That's probably why I felt it lol. I hope this works out. Thanks to all for the advise!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3405396 - 10/16/13 05:27 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
bigrob
4 Point

just bought the protank and love it best tank I have tried. and love the ego batteries

#3405429 - 10/16/13 05:52 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

o and by the way try the black devil e-liquid it is wonderful

Is that in-store or on-line only?

#3405459 - 10/16/13 06:14 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

bigrob,

Now you've got me debating whether I want to try another Evod or go right to a Mini Protank. Anyone tried the Mini Protank 2?

#3405513 - 10/16/13 06:48 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Buddy loaned me a mod,with a drip tip man what a difference,gonna get one on payday
#3405524 - 10/16/13 06:56 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
bigrob
4 Point

the black devil is in store. and get the protank and you will love it. bsk

#3405664 - 10/16/13 08:13 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

the black devil is in store. and get the protank and you will love it. bsk

Which store, Nashville Vapor or Vulcan Vapor?

#3405676 - 10/16/13 08:21 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

So let me ask you all this, if you had $100 and could get one of these, which one would you get? I am a "go big or go home" kind of guy. i dont want a starter, nor a pro, but a good medium unit. i will probably be going by nashville vapor tomorrow after work to get one. which unit is a good medium that is adjustable and quite compact? id like it to be in the $40-70 range and then i will get whatever i need with it. I'm a starter here, so i will decide on flavor, but what "dosage of nicotine" do i need to start with?

i am very particular about this stuff.....meaning i want it to work the first time, or mentally, i wont want to use it ever again \:D . seriously, i want something that is not too bold, but not light at all. i am sure the guys at the store can help, but just wanting yalls advise as well. thanks!

Fella's I clicked this link out of curiosity, only to find I have encountered conversation that is as foreign as Aliens............sorry I did!!! Lmbo!!! \:D

Edited by Boone 58 (10/16/13 08:23 PM)

#3405682 - 10/16/13 08:23 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

JCDEERMAN....congrats and good luck with getting off the cigars. Just be ready....trying the different flavors can be crazy. A lot of online stores offer sample packs that are great if you wanna see what you like and can't find it locally.

#3405703 - 10/16/13 08:28 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Now you've got me debating whether I want to try another Evod or go right to a Mini Protank. Anyone tried the Mini Protank 2?

The regular mini is great and from my research the mini 2 just seems to be the mini, with the ability to completely disassemble it. As well as being able to use separate drip tips on it. I wasn't aware they had it out yet... So thanks BSK, now I gotta go buy this so I can use my old tips with it. There goes another $40(because I can't walk in and buy just one thing)

#3405736 - 10/16/13 08:43 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
BSK
Non-Typical

With my obsessive personality, I'm so afraid I'm going to get sucked into modding everything. I have to stay away from the YouTube videos showing how to mod parts and build custom vaporizers!

#3405747 - 10/16/13 08:54 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

When I first started I was completely obsessed and thought I needed to get everything I could afford. Lately I have figured out that some of my simpler setups are my most reliable ones. Its funny when i think back on how I would be getting rid of a nasty habit only to find I changed over to one that is healthier, but very addictive itself.

#3405777 - 10/16/13 09:14 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Boone 58]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Boone 58

Fella's I clicked this link out of curiosity, only to find I have encountered conversation that is as foreign as Aliens............sorry I did!!! Lmbo!!! \:D

Hey, I was clueless. I laughed at all of this also at first. I wanted to get rid of me smoking cigars when drinking (which is far too often). My wife does not like it either. I am on my 3rd hour here and I am loving this unit. No smokey smell or anything. It is great and fixing my "crave" for sure. If it continues this way, I will be very happy.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3405827 - 10/16/13 09:29 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

JCDEERMAN,

First, you are going to love that your clothes and entire environment no longer smell like an old ashtray. Second, you will actually NOTICE that your clothes and environment smelled like an old ashtray! Food is going to taste SO much better (because of your improved sense of smell).

I'm jamming on some fine Hazelnut as I type! Mmmm, that stuff tastes good...

#3405830 - 10/16/13 09:30 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
bigrob
4 Point

sorry bsk. I live in grundy county tn about 2 hours from you. the shop here where I live has just about every thing you wont and if they don't have it they will get it for you and you can go in there and try all the flavers they have for free. and cheeper than any where I have found

#3405854 - 10/16/13 09:40 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

JCDEERMAN,

First, you are going to love that your clothes and entire environment no longer smell like an old ashtray. Second, you will actually NOTICE that your clothes and environment smelled like an old ashtray! Food is going to taste SO much better (because of your improved sense of smell).

I havent noticed my sense of smell or taste has deteriorated (though im sure I will soon). I'm sure though my wife can tell when I come back inside, that my wife can tell I dont smell like an ash tray. I havent even told her yet. I am going to wait to see if she notices for a couple weeks before I tell her. She doesnt mind the cigars here and there, but im sure she will like this much better. I am liking this "Enter the Dragon"

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3406080 - 10/17/13 06:36 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
Mudbone
10 Point

bigrob,

ive been using the mini pro tank 2 for a week now and like it a lot, I think the Pyrex tastes a bit better and has a great draw.

#3406135 - 10/17/13 07:41 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
BSK
Non-Typical

bigrob,

ive been using the mini pro tank 2 for a week now and like it a lot, I think the Pyrex tastes a bit better and has a great draw.

I've actually read reviews where people think the Protank series draw too loosely.

And I've FINALLY read others who've experienced the same funny taste from Kanger products that I've experienced. At least I'm not crazy. Well...

#3406137 - 10/17/13 07:42 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

JCDEERMAN,

I havent noticed my sense of smell or taste has deteriorated (though im sure I will soon). I'm sure though my wife can tell when I come back inside, that my wife can tell I dont smell like an ash tray. I havent even told her yet. I am going to wait to see if she notices for a couple weeks before I tell her. She doesnt mind the cigars here and there, but im sure she will like this much better. I am liking this "Enter the Dragon"

Being only an occasional cigar smoker, you may not have lost much of your sense of smell. But daily cigarette smokers most certainly do. They just don't realize how much of that sense they had lost until they quit.

My favorite flavor is Hazelnut. My second favorite is Enter the Dragon. I have one of those two flavors on me at ALL times. I'm still looking for a third "go to" flavor. I like Banana Nut Bread, but it's a tad too heavy on the banana. I'm looking for a good vanilla for hunting season. I'm going to check Vulcan Vapor's flavors.

#3406935 - 10/17/13 03:27 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

BSK, I can't find many shops here in town. Most cell the cheap ecigs. I know one shop has 7s I think. Would you buy that because it's local, or buy something else online. Unlike the other individual, I'd like to go no more than $50 on the initial investment.

#3407015 - 10/17/13 04:35 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JeepKuntry]
Mudbone
10 Point

BSK, I can't find many shops here in town. Most cell the cheap ecigs. I know one shop has 7s I think. Would you buy that because it's local, or buy something else online. Unlike the other individual, I'd like to go no more than $50 on the initial investment.
online bro!! Sorry man, I not bsk, nor did I sleep at a hotel that makes me smarter \:\)

#3407035 - 10/17/13 04:50 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

http://www.madvape.com
http://www.myvaporstore.com

These are two that i use, but i saw on my way to the woods this afternoon that a vapor store just opened in hermitage in the last day or two.

#3407037 - 10/17/13 04:52 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Mudbone
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
www.madvape.com
http://www.myvaporstore.com

These are two that i use, but i saw on my way to the woods this afternoon that a vapor store just opened in hermitage in the last day or two.
sweet! Whereabouts?

#3407047 - 10/17/13 04:56 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
donkey5150
4 Point

BSK... protanks ALL seem to have a loosed draw than the others, but can be remedied by using the EVOD coil instead of the protank coil. Still may not help with taste though.

Jeep...online prices are usually always cheaper and they have some great deals a lot of times. But the downside is if you don't know exactly what you like it can be a shot in the dark. That's where its nice to have a local shop to find out what you like.

TNDeerGuy....do you know where the new shop is opening? Always looking for new places to try out.

#3407081 - 10/17/13 05:16 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

It is at the corner of tulip grove rd. and lebanon rd in a little rundown strip shop across from walgreens. The name was something like ecigs4ever or something like that.....i'll double check on my to the house.

#3407085 - 10/17/13 05:19 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
doubledownranch
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory / Watertown

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
It is at the corner of tulip grove rd. and lebanon rd in a little rundown strip shop across from walgreens. The name was something like ecigs4ever or something like that.....i'll double check on my to the house.

That whole strip mall gives me the creeps \:\)

Team Run 'N Gunners

πKa

#3407086 - 10/17/13 05:19 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
donkey5150
4 Point

Thanks. I guess I know where I will be going this weekend. Now what did I do with ally spare change..lol

#3407122 - 10/17/13 05:46 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

I found their website and it has directions and information on it

http://www.4everecig.com

#3407162 - 10/17/13 06:17 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
BSK
Non-Typical

online bro!! Sorry man, I not bsk, nor did I sleep at a hotel that makes me smarter \:\)

What Mudbone said. Just get equipment online. You can't go wrong with a 1000 mah Ego Twist battery and a Protank or Evod clearomizer. Now as for flavors, I prefer to try those out in person, but if online is your only route, email/call them and ask what are their most popular flavors. Try those first.

#3407164 - 10/17/13 06:18 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

I read somewhere (online?) that Dickson now has a vapor shop. Anyone know if that is true?

We're going to have to bribe Ruger into creating a Vaping Forum!

#3407201 - 10/17/13 06:46 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Idk bout Dickson but I found one in cool springs,I'm goin in da a.m. to get a mod_atomizer so I'll let Yall know how it is....
#3407205 - 10/17/13 06:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

It's called saffire vapor
#3407217 - 10/17/13 06:59 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
donkey5150
4 Point

Wow. Just looked for the first time in a bit. It seems Hendersonville has a shop called Tennessee Vapor kings. More have popped up since I last looked

#3407500 - 10/17/13 09:39 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: donkey5150]
bigrob
4 Point

at my shop the juice is $7 for 10mm bottles or 3 for 18 no taxes

#3407809 - 10/18/13 07:09 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

That's a good price bigrob.

#3408560 - 10/18/13 04:44 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Saffire was a pretty cool shop,picked up a vamo v3 it kicks!

Edited by vonhogslayer (10/18/13 08:49 PM)

#3408875 - 10/18/13 08:33 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

about to start
#3408912 - 10/18/13 08:51 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Stick with it it works Tomm.will b 9,days cigg free
#3417566 - 10/24/13 05:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

24 hours and not a cig yet...I still have a pack of cigs I opened the top where I could see them with a lighter right beside them ..still good lmao.. I started at 18mg I think I should have went 24...
#3417729 - 10/24/13 07:20 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

I'm still on 24,still no ciggs!!u can do it brotha,get some 24 and it should help I'm feelin a lot better already!
#3417796 - 10/24/13 07:46 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

I am on 1 week yesterday....nothing but the vaping. I started out on 12 and got another bottle of 12 today. I asked about the 18, but they said that was like a marlboro red....i should have gotten it but thought "holy mackerel". i stuck with the 12 but should have gotten the 18. might get that next time.

I feel great! SO much more energy! Taste! Smell! I never would have believed it if I hadnt tried it

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3417858 - 10/24/13 08:10 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

I use to smoke reds 18 is not red,,,,i have already learned a trick.hit the button for a second and then hit it I get a better hit..my head was spinning a couple times
#3417920 - 10/24/13 08:34 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Originally Posted By: LIL JOKER
I use to smoke reds 18 is not red,,,,i have already learned a trick.hit the button for a second and then hit it I get a better hit..my head was spinning a couple times

I should have and will next time for sure. On the 12, I am holding the button until it blinks where it quits working. The higher the dosage, will you feel it faster and not have to hold as long?

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3418008 - 10/24/13 09:18 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

I don't know why they recommend people start with 12. I was not a heavy smoker (pack and a half of Marlboro Lights per day), and I needed to start with 24. I only used 24 for one bottle and then dropped down to 18, but I still needed that 24 to get accustomed to vaping. Vaping doesn't produce that instant headrush like cigarettes do.

Another hint on top of the one LIL JOKER mentioned. Exhale through your nose. The mucus membranes of the nasal passages absorb nicotine very, very efficiently. You will get double the hit if you exhale through your nose. Although you will lose some of the taste of the e-liquid if you exhale through your nose instead of your mouth. It's amazing how much of the flavor actually is "sensed" by the mouth on the exhale instead of the inhale.

Another strange downside to exhaling through your nose is when it is very cold. The cold air can cause the vapor to begin condensing before leaving your nose! Basically, a drip of e-liquid will form around your nostrils!

#3418011 - 10/24/13 09:19 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

The higher the dosage, will you feel it faster and not have to hold as long?

Yes! You will start to feel the vapor (and the nicotine) at about 5-7 seconds of inhaling (the light blinks at 10 seconds).

#3418045 - 10/24/13 09:42 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Yes! You will start to feel the vapor (and the nicotine) at about 5-7 seconds of inhaling (the light blinks at 10 seconds).

The 12 has satisfied me for over a week, so I guess thats a good thing. I think I will go and get the 18 and see how that is. Another modification I did was I bought 2 more coils, one of which heats it up more, they said. I had a 2.2 and got a 1.something. but I think the 18 will definitely help, especially since I used to smoke strong cigars \:D

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3418054 - 10/24/13 09:46 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Mudbone
10 Point

The 12 has satisfied me for over a week, so I guess thats a good thing. I think I will go and get the 18 and see how that is. Another modification I did was I bought 2 more coils, one of which heats it up more, they said. I had a 2.2 and got a 1.something. but I think the 18 will definitely help, especially since I used to smoke strong cigars \:D
the 18 is a big difference from the twelve!! The 18 tn tobacco will be about like the mini cigars. Your wife noticed yet?
Congrats!

#3418146 - 10/25/13 12:48 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
BSK
Non-Typical

If you have a variable volt battery, like an Ego Twist, definitely drop down to the 1.8 ohm coil and turn up the voltage to about 3.7. This will produce noticeably more vapor. Also try a bottle of 18. That will make a big difference. Most clearomizers come with a 2.4 ohm coil because it makes the battery and coil last longer (lower voltage needed). But at just $2-3 each, I swap out coils every two weeks. And you can REALLY tell the difference when you put in a new coil.

#3418200 - 10/25/13 05:27 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

the 18 is a big difference from the twelve!! The 18 tn tobacco will be about like the mini cigars. Your wife noticed yet?
Congrats!

Thanks. The only thing she has said is that she liked how I was hanging out with her more rather than going outside all the time. Surely she can tell that I dont smell like a cigar. I am loving this. Cant believe I didnt start before now. First heard about it about a month ago

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3418959 - 10/25/13 05:44 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

I smoked 2 packs a day for yrs ..I smoked L@M AND BEFORE THAT REDS..my buddy who is on week 4 got a cinnamon flavor 24..he said it was just has strong has a cig.thats all he vapes now

Edited by LIL JOKER (10/25/13 05:45 PM)

#3419251 - 10/25/13 09:25 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
Mudbone
10 Point

That cinnamon is a bit much for me! Lol

#3419255 - 10/25/13 09:33 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

I will honestly say this is the best thing since sliced bread if you like nicotine \:D

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3420624 - 10/26/13 06:30 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

Thanks to this thread I am going to give this a go I want to quit smoking. So today I found a local vapor shop The vapor route and picked up an Itaste mvp. Wish me luck.

#3420626 - 10/26/13 06:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Onelow69c10
Thanks to this thread I am going to give this a go I want to quit smoking. So today I found a local vapor shop The vapor route and picked up an Itaste mvp. Wish me luck.

Good luck!!!! Which shop did you go to?

#3420634 - 10/26/13 06:37 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Welcome to da club !
#3420672 - 10/26/13 06:54 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

The vapor route
In bellevue
The owner was very helpful nice guy.

#3420804 - 10/26/13 07:59 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

The vapor route
In bellevue

Bellevue??? That's where I live....where is it??? This is great news!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3420815 - 10/26/13 08:00 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

The vapor route
In bellevue

Bellevue??? That's where I live....where is it??? This is great news!

Just looked it up....wow that's 5 minutes from me

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3420830 - 10/26/13 08:07 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

You can't hardly see it its above the flower shop by value vet.
Their juices are 6.99 I got the route 1 which is a caramel flavor.

#3420836 - 10/26/13 08:09 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

If you stop in tell him Danny with the Auburn shirt sent you. He is a fellow hunter as well.

#3422880 - 10/27/13 08:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

If you stop in tell him Danny with the Auburn shirt sent you. He is a fellow hunter as well.

I wouldn't do it......most people don't take to kindly to anything associated with Auburn—you may get charged double if the man has any morals! \:D

#3424030 - 10/28/13 01:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TNDeerGuy]
BSK
Non-Typical

I had no idea there was another vapor shop in Bellevue. I have used VaporCom on Old Hickory near I-40, but I didn't know about Vapor Route on Old Hickory. I live only a couple of blocks from there, and take my pets to Value Vet.

#3424102 - 10/28/13 02:18 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
Jmed
4 Point

Loc: Ooltewah

Thanks to vapping, I am dip and cigarette free for 5 days. I have enjoyed the Hazzlenut flavored juice from Vapor Road in Athens, TN. I also enjoy the vanilla espresso I picked up at saffire in M'boro.
#3424106 - 10/28/13 02:20 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Jmed]
BSK
Non-Typical

Good for you Jmed! I'm liking the vanilla I picked up just for deer hunting.

#3424175 - 10/28/13 03:07 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
outoftouch
Spike

Loc: blount

when are they going to make one of these fancy little nicotine machines for tetrahydrcannabinol?
#3424182 - 10/28/13 03:11 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: outoftouch]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: outoftouch
when are they going to make one of these fancy little nicotine machines for tetrahydrcannabinol?

A friend from Colorado, who has a marijuana license, told me the current personal vaporizers work just fine with hash oil.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold THC liquids for vaporizers out there. From what I hear, the authorities are basically sitting back and allowing just about anything until the legality issues are completely worked out.

#3424188 - 10/28/13 03:13 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
outoftouch
Spike

Loc: blount

Originally Posted By: outoftouch

A friend from Colorado, who has a marijuana license, told me the current personal vaporizers work just fine with hash oil.

excellent, maybe those govt goons will figure out how much tax money they will make off the stuff and loosen up the laws here...not that I condone hunting simultaneously of course

thread officially hijacked ;\)

Edited by outoftouch (10/28/13 03:21 PM)

#3425935 - 10/29/13 01:18 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: outoftouch]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Route one is a cool shop the guy and me were sharing hunting pics,he makes his own flavors his route one is tasty vanilla and sumtin
#3426079 - 10/29/13 02:26 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

Just stopped into Vapor Route. The owner is a big hunter.

Honestly, although he said it is a huge seller, I wasn't impressed at all with the Route 1 flavor. He said he is going to get in a Hazelnut soon though.

I hate having to drive into Vulcan Vape on West End to get my vanilla, but so far, it is the only true pure vanilla flavor I've found that I like. And I'm still primarily vaping Hazelnut and Enter the Dragon from Nashville Vapor.

#3426217 - 10/29/13 04:13 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
donkey5150
4 Point

Wow. Been off here a few days and stopped in to check out this thread....man it is so amazing to see this many hunters vaping and getting out of the smoking and dipping habits. Congrats to all who have made the changeover and good luck!

#3426223 - 10/29/13 04:15 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

No smoking for me since I started Sat morning honestly been a very easy transition.

#3426318 - 10/29/13 05:28 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
BSK
Non-Typical

No smoking for me since I started Sat morning honestly been a very easy transition.

As long as I kept the nicotine level high for the first week, I had no problems transitioning. I went through one set of small bottles of e-liquid at 24 mg, then dropped down to 18 mg. I stayed on 18 mg for 5 months before dropping to 12.

#3426428 - 10/29/13 06:59 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Three weeks for me! Still on the 24 but might drop down soon,it's turned into another hobby for me lol but man I feel better and things taste well....good lol
#3427172 - 10/30/13 07:03 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

And that's the major problem with vaping vonhogslayer, buying and tinkering with vaping set-ups can be addictive in itself! Man, I'm dying to try one of those monster iTaste systems!

#3427193 - 10/30/13 07:25 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

My buddy got the I taste it's big,and his button is jacked but n.V Is gonna replace it otherwise it's nice,I have the vamo v3 and it works great! Running a protank two and it's a great system!so many toys to choose from lol
#3427207 - 10/30/13 07:35 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

I'm still primarily using my old Type 2 clearomizers (top wick), but I do have one Evod. I've been eyeing a Mini Protank 2. All my batteries are different sizes of Ego Twist.

#3427251 - 10/30/13 08:08 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Love my p.t. much better flavor and I clean the wick and coil every couple of days,takes five min.and makes the coils last a lot longer I think u would be VERY happy with the change,and wonder why u waited so long lol,and I'm pretty sure itl fit ur batt.

Edited by vonhogslayer (10/30/13 08:09 AM)

#3427973 - 10/30/13 06:00 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

I have been vaping Enter The dragon also ..best taste I found so far..im smoke free 1 week today ..I ran out of dragon and bought some blueberry at a gas station until im able to get back to Nashville
#3428106 - 10/30/13 07:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

I have been vaping Enter The dragon also ..best taste I found so far..im smoke free 1 week today ..I ran out of dragon and bought some blueberry at a gas station until im able to get back to Nashville

I absolutely love Enter the Dragon. That's all I've bought so far....3 weeks today.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3428453 - 10/30/13 11:17 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
bigrob
4 Point

what vanilla you smoke BSK?

#3428455 - 10/30/13 11:20 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
bigrob
4 Point

what is the flavor of the Enter the Dragon?

#3428498 - 10/31/13 02:44 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

I just stopped by Nasville vapor today to pick up some of the enter the dragon it is good stuff and what a nice shop. It is a fruity flavor I think it is dragon fruit and pomegranate. This new hobby is getting expensive. Still better than smoking though.

#3428739 - 10/31/13 08:31 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

Love my p.t. much better flavor and I clean the wick and coil every couple of days,takes five min.and makes the coils last a lot longer I think u would be VERY happy with the change,and wonder why u waited so long lol,and I'm pretty sure itl fit ur batt.

So far, I don't like the taste from bottom wick clearomizers. For some reason--perhaps because the vapor is cooler--I think they taste more metallic. The taste from my top-wick T2 clearomizers is FAR superior to any bottom-wick design I've tried. But again, that may simply be due to the warmer vapor produced by a top-wick design. But top-wick designs certainly have their downsides.

I too wash out my wicks every few days, but I still love the vapor I get from a brand new coil. It's worth the extra expense for me.

#3428746 - 10/31/13 08:34 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

what vanilla you smoke BSK?

This one, by Liqua. It is the purest vanilla I've found. Most vanilla flavors are a mixture of vanilla and other things. The Liqua version is just vanilla with nothing else.

http://shop.vulcanvape.com/products/vanilla-liqua

#3428749 - 10/31/13 08:35 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bigrob]
BSK
Non-Typical

what is the flavor of the Enter the Dragon?

What Onelow69c10 said. Primarily pomegranate and Asian fruits.

#3428875 - 10/31/13 09:42 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

I know if I turn the voltage up to high I get that burnt metallic taste ,I'm getting the best flavor at about 3.9v.I just played with voltage till I found what I like but I also like a cool vape lol my favourite flave is vanilla heaven from Saffire.
#3428935 - 10/31/13 10:25 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

I know if I turn the voltage up to high I get that burnt metallic taste ,I'm getting the best flavor at about 3.9v.I just played with voltage till I found what I like but I also like a cool vape lol my favourite flave is vanilla heaven from Saffire.

With 1.8 ohm coils in all my clearomizers, I keep my Ego Twists set at 3.7 volts.

#3430105 - 10/31/13 08:34 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JCDEERMAN]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

this blueberry i got at gas station is a great backup and for 5.50 a couple dollars cheaper
#3521175 - 12/29/13 04:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

New shop Fairview vapor just opened up in Fairview!
#3521240 - 12/29/13 05:31 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

I was in evansville yesterday and they have a vap shop on every corner lol
#3522229 - 12/30/13 10:36 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
BSK
Non-Typical

I finally bit the bullet and got one of the big, fancy Mods with removable rechargeable battery. I bought a SmokTech SID, and I'm slowly converting all my clearomizers over to iClear 30 models. LOVE IT!!!!!

#3522231 - 12/30/13 10:36 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

So, after my first year of vaping in the stand, my opinion is it is better than smoking in the stand.

#3522254 - 12/30/13 10:45 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
UTGrad
14 Point

I still laugh first time I saw this thread back in early season. I thought it was "fapping" in the stand lol
#3522298 - 12/30/13 11:21 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

So has anybody used vaping to quit dipping? I smoke some as well but mostly dip, a lot.

Dont tread on me

#3522552 - 12/30/13 02:12 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Mudbone
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
So has anybody used vaping to quit dipping? I smoke some as well but mostly dip, a lot.
i used to do both. And it worked great for me. I know a couple others that only dipped and have great (easy) success as well.

#3522569 - 12/30/13 02:20 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TeamMainStreet]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

I had my last dip October 2nd. Yes, vaping worked for me.

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3522594 - 12/30/13 02:37 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: strutandrut]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Thats cool guys. I dip a lot. I need to quit bad. I have tried quitting cold turkey but not happening. Anything near 16 to 18 hours without one and I start getting dizzy and have tunnel vision. Not to mention headaches and a very foul attitude. I am addicted bad and not only that, I enjoy it.

I looked at some of the websites mentioned on this thread and I couldnt make heads or tails of any of it. I have no idea what I would need to get. Seems like there is a lot to it. If somebody could PM and get me setup on the right stuff I would appreciate it. I might give it a try.

Dont tread on me

#3522607 - 12/30/13 02:47 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

I finally bit the bullet and got one of the big, fancy Mods with removable rechargeable battery. I bought a SmokTech SID, and I'm slowly converting all my clearomizers over to iClear 30 models. LOVE IT!!!!!

I was thinking about getting one of those, a zmax, or a vamo V5. You can get the V5 for 30 bucks or so online. Or go to a store and pay 70

Anyone else use any mods? I have tried one of the Itaste SVDs and it was awesome. Has anyone tried a Vamo?

Edited by MattR (12/30/13 02:48 PM)

#3522611 - 12/30/13 02:52 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Jmed
4 Point

Loc: Ooltewah

Yes it works for dippers. I slept with one in for the past 15 years. I only smoked when it was inconvenient to dip. A dip has 3 times the nicotine of a marlboro red, so you probably need to start with a 24mg nicotine juice. My advice would be to find a good vapor shop close to you. If its worth a [censored], they will be able to show you the different battery and tank options. For the first few weeks I dipped a "smokey mtn herbal snuff" to help with the oral fixation issue but now I just vape when I feel the need. Im down to 3mg and hope to put the vape down soon. Nicotine is a tough drug to kick, and after trying for many years, vapping helped me do it. I would recomend it to anyone thinking of kicking nicotine
#3522635 - 12/30/13 03:12 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

I was thinking about getting one of those, a zmax, or a vamo V5. You can get the V5 for 30 bucks or so online. Or go to a store and pay 70

Anyone else use any mods? I have tried one of the Itaste SVDs and it was awesome. Has anyone tried a Vamo?

The SmokTeck SID is a bigger (bigger battery) version of the ZMAX, and considered the Vamo killer, since it does more than the Vamo. I would highly recommend it. I would just make sure the unit is variable wattage, which works much better than variable voltage. And wow, do the 2200 mAh batteries last a long time!

And by the way, the SVD is an awesome system!

#3522645 - 12/30/13 03:18 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: TeamMainStreet]
BSK
Non-Typical

I looked at some of the websites mentioned on this thread and I couldnt make heads or tails of any of it. I have no idea what I would need to get. Seems like there is a lot to it. If somebody could PM and get me setup on the right stuff I would appreciate it. I might give it a try.

For a beginner, I would stick to the basics--at least one high mAh Ego Twist battery (900+ mAh), and then try one top-wick clearomizer (an iClear 16 would be a good starter top-wick), and one bottom-wick (like an Kanger EVOD) until you decide which you like better. Both top-wick and bottom-wick systems produce very different taste experiences. Generally people end up liking one much more than the other. I like top-wicks, but most people prefer a bottom-wick.

#3522719 - 12/30/13 04:30 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

The SmokTeck SID is a bigger (bigger battery) version of the ZMAX, and considered the Vamo killer, since it does more than the Vamo. I would highly recommend it. I would just make sure the unit is variable wattage, which works much better than variable voltage. And wow, do the 2200 mAh batteries last a long time!

I haven't tried either one, but it seems the Vamo has all the same features, you can buy it for 20$ cheaper, and the menu looks a lot easier to navigate

#3522735 - 12/30/13 04:43 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

I haven't tried either one, but it seems the Vamo has all the same features, you can buy it for 20$ cheaper, and the menu looks a lot easier to navigate

Where I bought mine the Vamo and SID were the same price. But I do like the menu of the Vamo better.

#3522806 - 12/30/13 05:34 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Haven't smoked a cigarette since 12/1. Right now I'm on 12mg but I've noticed I'm vaping more. Probably because I can smoke it inside. But the wife is happy that I no longer smell. I miss cigarettes, but I think it's a force of habit. Trying to break a nearly 19 year habit. Hoping to scale down on vaping and be nicotine free before long.

#3523178 - 12/30/13 08:33 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JeepKuntry]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

I bought the provari.....it wasn't cheap but I love it and I'm runnin an hh357 drip atty best flavor device I've found yet!yall check out my new shop Fairview vapors !we're on Facebook,just got a lot of new mods,tanks ,batteries,chargers,come see me J.T.and mention tn deer and I'll give members a discount!
#3523210 - 12/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
MattR
8 Point

I bought the provari.....it wasn't cheap but I love it and I'm runnin an hh357 drip atty best flavor device I've found yet!yall check out my new shop Fairview vapors !we're on Facebook,just got a lot of new mods,tanks ,batteries,chargers,come see me J.T.and mention tn deer and I'll give members a discount!

Nice! Havent vaped one but heard they were great. Price tag is hefty for me right now though

#3523232 - 12/30/13 08:53 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Come by the shop I'll let u try mine,we will be stockin dem soon!baby steps lol but we have a good inventory so far!!
#3523711 - 12/31/13 09:09 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
MattR
8 Point

I ordered a Vamo last night,

Vamo V5= $28 from fast tech

EH 18350 batteries= 3.59 from mad vapes

Charger= Maybe $15 from madvapes

Bargain hunter!

Edited by MattR (12/31/13 09:52 AM)

#3523767 - 12/31/13 09:38 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
UTGrad
14 Point

Dang

Vaping is like a high tech hobby lol

#3523790 - 12/31/13 09:52 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: UTGrad]
MattR
8 Point

Dang

It is, I told myself whenever I started that I wasn't going to get in to the mods, but I couldn't help it.

#3523818 - 12/31/13 10:07 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

Dang

It is, I told myself whenever I started that I wasn't going to get in to the mods, but I couldn't help it.

Join the club! Yes, if you let it, it can turn into a hobby (and unfortunately, I have \:\( ).

#3523824 - 12/31/13 10:10 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Me too now I'm building rda's...and a shop...in deep Martha lol
#3523845 - 12/31/13 10:19 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

I ordered a Vamo last night,

Vamo V5= $28 from fast tech

EH 18350 batteries= 3.59 from mad vapes

Charger= Maybe $15 from madvapes

Bargain hunter!
prepare to wait I ordered a couple little things from them a month ago still not here....but there prices r good ,most of they're stuff is Chinese clones.I had a vamo v3 and it was pretty nice

#3523854 - 12/31/13 10:24 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
MattR
8 Point

I think having a shop would be a great business to be in right now. A lot of the stores have a really high mark up. Plus, even a lot of the online stores have a mark up. The Vamo's sell for ~60 onlie but if you look, you can get them shipped for $30.

With vaping being 100 times better than smoking, and a lot cheaper, I dont see how anyone could be introduced to vaping and not stick with it.

#3523857 - 12/31/13 10:25 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

I think having a shop would be a great business to be in right now. A lot of the stores have a really high mark up. Plus, even a lot of the online stores have a mark up. The Vamo's sell for ~60 onlie but if you look, you can get them shipped for $30.

Yup, the Vamo and SID were both selling for $60 at the vapor shops I frequent.

#3524346 - 12/31/13 03:15 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Were those the kits or just the mod?
#3524363 - 12/31/13 03:25 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
MattR
8 Point

If you ordered batteries from them that could be the hold up. Also, the bigger your order is the more time it takes to be delivered. I think I read that they don't physically have some things in stock.

I believe the $60 is just for the mod. Seems like it was the going price.

#3524828 - 12/31/13 08:24 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Ordered a couple of rda attys about a month ago ....from fasttech but I expected them to take a while no biggie.I sell the vamo kit for just a tad more than that but not much!
#3525263 - 01/01/14 08:51 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
bguy
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Kingsport,TN

just wanted to chime in here...i have been a member of TNDEER for a very long time and havent made but just a few posts over the last several yrs because i dont hunt anymore because i have nowere to hunt but i look at the posts on here alot because i still have a love and passion to hunt..... i was a smoker for over 20yrs...smoked a pack a day of marlboro reds for over 20 yrs and i also dip copenhagen snuff a can a day.... i started VAPING first of december and i absolutely love it...havent had a real cig since and it also helped me to slow down on my dipping..i was using a can a day and now i usually use a can every 2 to 3 days...i still dip because were i work were not allowed to vape in the building so i have to go with tha dip... they say the vaping cig is a electronic device and we must go to the smoke shack with all the other smokers... i dont know if there any long term affects of this but since i started it has made my dip taste alot different almost to the point were i dont want to dip...im slowly but surely trying to get away from it...my wife loves that i dont smell like a dirty ole ashtray anymore...sorry this post is so long but i wanted to chime in here and let anyone who smokes know if i can quit anyone can...this stuff is great!!!! oh yeah and if someone needs a hunting partner for next year i would love to get back in tha game...havent taken a deer now in 3 or 4 yrs.....

#3525276 - 01/01/14 08:58 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bguy]
bguy
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Kingsport,TN

also wanted to let you all know i have been trying alot of the different liquids and the one i like the best is what they call cowboy up here and there is also another that goes by RY-4...its like a maple flavor...i actually mix them together to give me the cig taste and top it off with tha maple to make it smell like pancake syrup...the wife and kids love it and tell me to smoke it in tha house because it makes the house smell good!!!! BSK i also bought a pro tank the other day and tried it out..actually have tried it some for 3 days and it tates really bad...tastes like something is getting hot and smoldering...didnt like it all...guess that was 24.00 bucks wasted...so far my best set up is just been the uno vapor 600 or 1100 batteries and the clear plastic tanks...only been through 2 wicks in a month and wonder what do you guys use to clean your wicks???

#3525978 - 01/01/14 06:05 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bguy]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Hey bguy gimme a holler tomm. at my vape shop 615-266-2791 and I can try to help u with the pro tank I have two and they work good
! Ill help u out

#3526385 - 01/01/14 09:49 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Me and a buddy was going to open one in springfield but backed out ..they are starting to pop up ..the store down from my house sells the liquid and the 30.00 inno...I past by a empty stand at the mall today and thought that would be a good place to put one...iin this bussiness u mark it up and get what u can fast cause before long it will be everywhere ...
#3526638 - 01/02/14 07:24 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

Were those the kits or just the mod?

Just the Mod, no battery or charger or clearomizer/tank included.

#3526648 - 01/02/14 07:34 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
BSK
Non-Typical

Me and a buddy was going to open one in springfield but backed out ..they are starting to pop up ..the store down from my house sells the liquid and the 30.00 inno...I past by a empty stand at the mall today and thought that would be a good place to put one...iin this bussiness u mark it up and get what u can fast cause before long it will be everywhere ...

I hear there is a vapor shop on the square in Waverly now. They're definitely popping up everywhere. But then, it's hard to keep a good product away from those who want it.

#3526658 - 01/02/14 07:40 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: bguy]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: bguy
BSK i also bought a pro tank the other day and tried it out..actually have tried it some for 3 days and it tates really bad...tastes like something is getting hot and smoldering...didnt like it all...guess that was 24.00 bucks wasted...so far my best set up is just been the uno vapor 600 or 1100 batteries and the clear plastic tanks...only been through 2 wicks in a month and wonder what do you guys use to clean your wicks???

The problem could be the fact Pro Tanks are bottom wick systems, or the problem could be too much voltage. Some people, like myself, don't like the taste bottom wick tanks produce. We think they produce a "plasticy" taste. Only a minority of people feel this way, as bottom wicks are the most popular systems. But for those who don't like the taste of bottom wicks, top wick systems using cotton wicks are the only way to go. And of those, iClear makes the best ones.

Or you really could be burning your coils. If that is the case, and you have a variable voltage battery, turn the voltage down. If you do not have variable voltage battery, buy higher resistance (more ohms) coils. Higher resistance coils don't get as hot at the same voltage as low resistance coils.

#3526731 - 01/02/14 08:31 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
MMHunter
4 Point

Loc: TN

Alright I've heard enough. I'm gonna just have to try and make the switch. But, I know nothing about which one would be good. I've heard so much about it being cheaper, better for you, and a good way to quit. So, if someone could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
#3526766 - 01/02/14 08:49 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MMHunter]
MattR
8 Point

Originally Posted By: MMHunter
Alright I've heard enough. I'm gonna just have to try and make the switch. But, I know nothing about which one would be good. I've heard so much about it being cheaper, better for you, and a good way to quit. So, if someone could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Get you a starter kit like this

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Starter-Kits/Innokin-eGo-Clearomizer-Kit.html

If you have a vapor store close to you, I would recommend going there to try flavors, and maybe even decide on a kit. But if you dont have a store, you can always shop for the e liquids online but you dont have the benefit of trying them out first. You can find the starter kits similar to the one I showed you for cheaper but you have to do a little searching online. I got the starter kit from Nashville Vapor and I like it pretty good

#3526779 - 01/02/14 08:53 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MMHunter]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

I'll b at my shop at ten if u wanna gimme a holler and I can steer u in the right direction,and help u find a Good shop close to you,spend a little more and get something good to start and u will have a lot better experience!and just remember our taste are different so what I likemight be different than you,especially with juice flavor,shop # is a couple of post up!

Edited by vonhogslayer (01/02/14 08:54 AM)

#3526807 - 01/02/14 09:10 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
MattR
8 Point

Yea, Vonhog knows a lot more than I do about it. I am newer to vaping.

#3526843 - 01/02/14 09:24 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MMHunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

MMHunter,

What you need are three things: 1) a battery (and charger); 2) a tank; and 3) e-liquid.

Battery systems are rated in milliAmp hours (mAh), which is just an expression of how much capacity a battery has. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery lasts before requiring recharging. I would look for batteries of 900 mAh or higher. One major upgrade in battery systems that I HIGHLY recommend is Variable Voltage (VV). Variable Voltage batteries allow you to adjust the voltage output of the battery, which will increase/decrease the temperature of the vaporizing coil in the e-liquid tank (producing more/less vapor as well as more/less chance of burning the coil itself [important in taste and coil longevity]).

Two good variable voltage batteries are the Ego Twist and Vision Spinner.

Ego Twist:
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/eGo-510/The-Ego-Twist.html

Vision Spinner:
http://shop.vaporcom.com/Vision-Spinner-1300-B004.htm

Of course, you will need a charger for the batteries. I would recommend a USB charger and a wall charger. I also have a car charger, which can be helpful if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

As for clearomizers/tanks, I would try both a cheap top-wick and bottom-wick system to see which you like best. The best CHEAP tanks in each of those categories is the Kanger Evod (bottom-wick) and the iClear 16 (top-wick).

Kanger Evod:
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Cartomizers-Clearomizers-and-Atomizers/Evod.html

iClear 16
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Cartomizers-Clearomizers-and-Atomizers/iClear-16.html

E-liquids really need to be tried in person. I would start with 18 mg nicotine (1.8% nicotine) and adjust from there either higher (24 mg) or lower (12 mg).

#3526848 - 01/02/14 09:26 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Sounds like ur gettin it figured out Matt there is A LOT to learn ...like anytanngg I'm tryin to be as educated as I can and learning new stuff everyday there is A LOT of variables in the vapin world lol,don't rule out cartomizer tanks many folks farvor those,and they r easypeasy!

Edited by vonhogslayer (01/02/14 09:29 AM)

#3527001 - 01/02/14 10:46 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

...don't rule out cartomizer tanks many folks farvor those,and they r easypeasy!

I certainly don't rule out cartomizers, as some users prefer them. But they make up only a tiny percentage of the market. Talking to owners of several shops, they say they sell very few cartomizers.

#3531376 - 01/05/14 07:19 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
MMHunter
4 Point

Loc: TN

Much Appreciated BSK? Monday I'm am going stop in one of the Bellevue shop and see what they offer.
#3532060 - 01/05/14 03:16 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MMHunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Much Appreciated BSK? Monday I'm am going stop in one of the Bellevue shop and see what they offer.

Try Vapor Route, on the 2nd floor above Bellevue Florists, VaporCom on Old Hickory right near the I-40 interchange, and Nashville Vapor, near the intersection of Charlotte Pike and White Bridge Road.

#3534455 - 01/06/14 07:12 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
DIRTTRAX
8 Point

Loc: Lexington, TN

Bsk do you prefer top or bottom wick and why? Im using the evod now.

#3534704 - 01/06/14 09:03 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: DIRTTRAX]
MattR
8 Point

Im not Bsk, but try both, I like my evod but some people say it gives them a plastic taste. I like the bottom wicks, but its personal preference

The evod is more of a cool vape and maybe less of a throat hit.

Edited by MattR (01/06/14 09:04 PM)

#3535140 - 01/07/14 07:47 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

What MattR said. Most people like the bigger vapor of a bottom wick. Pro Tank and Evod are good bottom wick tanks. Personally, I like the vapor taste and temperature, as well as stronger throat hit, of a top wick, especially ones with long cotton wicks. And as MattR mentioned, some people (a minority but a significant minority) find that bottom wick systems produce a plastic-like taste.

I agree with MattR, you won't know which you prefer until you try them both. I suggest trying a bottom wick Evod and a top wick iClear 16. Both are cheap (around $8), so not much invested if you don't like one or the other. I like the iClear top wick systems because the use long cotton wicks that reach to the bottom of the tank, removing the need to constantly tip the tank to get e-liquid to the coil at the top.

Now that I have the large SmokTech SID battery system, I've moved to larger diameter tanks, primarily the iClear 30, which is a top wick system with 12 full-length cotton wicks and dual coils. LOVE it!

#3536213 - 01/07/14 06:54 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
DIRTTRAX
8 Point

Loc: Lexington, TN

Thanks bsk i will pick one up and try it.

#3538124 - 01/08/14 09:25 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: DIRTTRAX]
Onelow69c10
4 Point

Vonhog do you carry rebuildables and mechanical mods?

#3538239 - 01/08/14 10:36 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Onelow69c10]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Yes sir we do
#3547656 - 01/15/14 02:25 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Like us on f.b.:) fairviewvapors
#3548143 - 01/15/14 06:58 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

Do you have a website? I don't go anywhere near Facebook!

#3548201 - 01/15/14 07:33 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Not yet ,workin on it,I never did f.b.before this lol I'm old school but tryin to get with the times.....
#3548600 - 01/16/14 07:35 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
BSK
Non-Typical

I'll NEVER use Facebook, and won't allow my daughter to either. The amount of nefarious activity involved with Facebook is shocking.

#3548914 - 01/16/14 11:28 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: BSK]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Trust me I only do it for business purposes otherwise I have 0 use for it:)
#3550143 - 01/17/14 08:54 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

For those who vape, how do you suggest sanitizing when your sick. I was gonna wash and boil for 3 minutes like we use to do to sanitize baby bottles. Only other thing I've read online is to soak in cheap vodka.

#3552607 - 01/19/14 11:52 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: JeepKuntry]
MattR
8 Point

Got my Vamo v5 in the mail yesterday. Pretty happy with it so far. I am still using my evod tank because my protank hasnt got here yet. Still its pretty cool. I am vaping at about 7.5 watts with the enter the dragon and it tastes pretty good. If I go too much higher it starts tasting burned.

Do different flavors vape better at different watts? Not sure why I cant get higher watts without it tasting burned.

#3553256 - 01/19/14 07:38 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
vonhogslayer
6 Point

Yea they do I like using voltage but wattage will set the volts for u,my provari is voltage only,either way it's nice to b able to tune it to you're taste different flavors need different voltage ,and the same with different tanks/coils @ different ohms.we sell our starter kits with v.v. batteries to give the new vapors a better start! Vodka works good for cleaning also hot water,and Clorox wipes will kill germs but I would be careful boiling will melt orings and gaskets and plastics
#3553554 - 01/19/14 11:35 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: vonhogslayer]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

I been smoking again I need to get to a vapor shop..both mine tore up..they pulled apart at the battery
#3553807 - 01/20/14 09:01 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

Do different flavors vape better at different watts? Not sure why I cant get higher watts without it tasting burned.

Yes. I find Enter the Dragon requires lower wattage/voltage to produce the best flavor. I'm a heavy user of Hazelnut and Caramel too and both of those can be vaped at higher temperatures than Enter the Dragon. I think it has to do with fruity flavors, and a Dragon Fruit I'm also fond of requires lower temps.

#3553834 - 01/20/14 09:37 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: LIL JOKER]
MattR
8 Point

I been smoking again I need to get to a vapor shop..both mine tore up..they pulled apart at the battery

If you don't have a store nearby order a battery online. myvaporstore.com is a good site.

#3727353 - 08/06/14 01:50 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Mudbone]
RussellvilleRob
8 Point

Loc: Russellville

TTT

#3727398 - 08/06/14 02:40 PM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: Southern Sportsman]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

Why not just quit instead of make-believe-smoking.

#3728047 - 08/07/14 09:38 AM Re: Vaping in the stand [Re: KPH]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: KPH
Why not just quit instead of make-believe-smoking.

Vaping can be a great way to quit over time. In fact vaping has now become the most successful way to quit smoking of any technique available. The user has the option to lower the nicotine content of their e-liquid over time, allowing for a slow but steady reduction in desired nicotine, eventually going to no nicotine at all.

Page all of 22 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (Paul Burns, Buckhunter10, Prowler, cdw338, LA man, Tenn.Guy, 3 invisible) and 64 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95693 Topics
1120192 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.