Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3347887 - 09/05/13 08:26 AM Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

About 2 months ago I wrote to Chuck asking him to support the de-fund Obamacare plan in the next Continuing Resolution (CR) debate. A week or so later he sent me a form letter on how he was opposed to Obamacare, but didn't address my question.

I wrote to him again acknowledging his form letter, but not answering my question. I restated the question. A week or so later I got another form letter about H.R. 2642, the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013.

I wrote him again stating my disgust with his second form letter not addressing my question. I again posed the question a third time. I have not received a third response from him.

If you live in his district please take a few minutes and write him about de-funding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) in the next CR.

https://fleischmann.house.gov/contact-me/email-me

Journal: http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3348122 - 09/05/13 11:40 AM Re: Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question [Re: JWW4]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

My response from Black....

Dear (Preds),

Thank you for contacting me regarding the need to defund and fully repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), more commonly known as Obamacare. As a proud member of the Tea Party Caucus and one of the leading opponents of the President's healthcare law, I share your conviction that Obamacare must be dismantled and replaced with reforms that do not put government bureaucrats between patients and their doctors. For this reason, I voted once again to fully repeal Obamacare on May 16th of this year, and recently signed a letter led by Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC) to Speaker of the House John Boehner asking that House leadership not bring any appropriations bills containing funding for Obamacare to the House floor for a vote.

With President Obama and Senate Democrats running Washington, they continue to block most of our efforts to roll back this law, but we have not relented and as a result have seen some success. The Democrat-controlled Senate finally followed the House's lead and recently passed an amendment to their Budget to repeal the medical device tax, one of the most egregious, job-killing taxes contained in Obamacare. Moreover, in the Continuing Resolution recently signed into law, conservatives successfully fought to deny the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) $949 million for Obamacare insurance exchanges, and saved taxpayers an additional $360.6 million by refusing to grant the IRS extra funding to put Obamacare's tax provisions in place.

I have voted more than two dozen times to repeal or defund provisions contained in Obamacare, and worked with Chairman Paul Ryan and members of the House Budget Committee to author a budget that would eliminate the law in its entirety. Additionally, I authored one of the only bills thus far that has been passed into law which repeals a healthcare provision in Obamacare saving taxpayers $13 billion dollars.

Ultimately, in order to fully defund Obamacare, we must change how this law is written. When President Obama and Congressional Democrats met behind closed doors to craft Obamacare, they included a staggering $105 billion in automatic, mandatory spending spread out over the next decade for the law's various mandates and programs. Mandatory spending cannot be stopped through the appropriations process because these funds are, by definition, automatically obligated by virtue of the previously-enacted law, and are not controlled by annual decisions of Congress. For this reason I cosponsored legislation with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) to convert this spending from being "mandatory" to being "authorized," which would have allowed Congress the opportunity to stop it. Unfortunately, this legislation did not become law.

If the federal government is to ever have any hope of bringing down the rising cost of healthcare and balancing our budget, we MUST dismantle Obamacare. Three years after the bill was first signed in to law, my resolve is stronger than ever to roll back Obamacare and replace this government takeover of health care with market based solutions that lower costs and provide better quality of care for all Americans.

Sincerely,

Diane Black
Member of Congress

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3348130 - 09/05/13 11:48 AM Re: Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question [Re: preds1]
JWW4
8 Point

Rep. is waving the white flag

#3348471 - 09/05/13 05:26 PM Re: Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question [Re: JWW4]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

I wish Diane Black represented my District.

Unfortunately, Mr. Fleischmann is our Rep.
He's not really a bad guy (or Rep.) but still not nearly Conservative enough for my liking.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3375387 - 09/26/13 01:22 PM Re: Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question [Re: sgtwebb1]
JWW4
8 Point

Since I called him out on it on here I thought I'd give him some credit for his vote. It did take me writing to him 4 times and almost 2 months, but I finally got a response and he did vote correctly.

Dear JWW4:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on defunding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as Obamacare. I appreciate your input and am honored to represent you in Congress.

On September 20th, I voted for H.J. Res 59, the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014. This critical legislation continues government funding at sequestration levels, and defunds Obamacare. The President has proven this law is a train wreck by picking and choosing which parts he wants to implement. The whole thing must go. At the same time, our nation must continue to move forward and address the real problems that we're facing. That is why the Continuing Resolution also ensures that our government will continue to operate, and will do so within the parameters set by the President's sequester. I hope the Senate will follow our lead and do the responsible thing by keeping our government open and defunding a law that most Americans don't want.

Our ultimate goal must still be full repeal of Obamacare. You can be certain I will continue to support legislation that repeals and ultimately replaces the President's healthcare law with sustainable, patient centered reforms to our nation's healthcare system.

Again, thank you for sharing your views on this critical issue. For me to represent you in the most effective manner, it is imperative that I hear from constituents such as yourself. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

Chuck Fleischmann
Member of Congress

#3375415 - 09/26/13 01:40 PM Re: Chuck Fleischmann won't answer my question [Re: preds1]
Planking
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: preds1
My response from Black....

Dear (Preds),

Thank you for contacting me regarding the need to defund and fully repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), more commonly known as Obamacare. As a proud member of the Tea Party Caucus and one of the leading opponents of the President's healthcare law, I share your conviction that Obamacare must be dismantled and replaced with reforms that do not put government bureaucrats between patients and their doctors. For this reason, I voted once again to fully repeal Obamacare on May 16th of this year, and recently signed a letter led by Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC) to Speaker of the House John Boehner asking that House leadership not bring any appropriations bills containing funding for Obamacare to the House floor for a vote.

With President Obama and Senate Democrats running Washington, they continue to block most of our efforts to roll back this law, but we have not relented and as a result have seen some success. The Democrat-controlled Senate finally followed the House's lead and recently passed an amendment to their Budget to repeal the medical device tax, one of the most egregious, job-killing taxes contained in Obamacare. Moreover, in the Continuing Resolution recently signed into law, conservatives successfully fought to deny the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) $949 million for Obamacare insurance exchanges, and saved taxpayers an additional $360.6 million by refusing to grant the IRS extra funding to put Obamacare's tax provisions in place.

I have voted more than two dozen times to repeal or defund provisions contained in Obamacare, and worked with Chairman Paul Ryan and members of the House Budget Committee to author a budget that would eliminate the law in its entirety. Additionally, I authored one of the only bills thus far that has been passed into law which repeals a healthcare provision in Obamacare saving taxpayers $13 billion dollars.

Ultimately, in order to fully defund Obamacare, we must change how this law is written. When President Obama and Congressional Democrats met behind closed doors to craft Obamacare, they included a staggering $105 billion in automatic, mandatory spending spread out over the next decade for the law's various mandates and programs. Mandatory spending cannot be stopped through the appropriations process because these funds are, by definition, automatically obligated by virtue of the previously-enacted law, and are not controlled by annual decisions of Congress. For this reason I cosponsored legislation with Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) to convert this spending from being "mandatory" to being "authorized," which would have allowed Congress the opportunity to stop it. Unfortunately, this legislation did not become law.

If the federal government is to ever have any hope of bringing down the rising cost of healthcare and balancing our budget, we MUST dismantle Obamacare. Three years after the bill was first signed in to law, my resolve is stronger than ever to roll back Obamacare and replace this government takeover of health care with market based solutions that lower costs and provide better quality of care for all Americans.

Sincerely,

Diane Black
Member of Congress
She's sent me several emails on how she feels about it. Im proud i voted for her.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (McBryar32, J.W.308, big 8's in Weakley county, CornPile, In_my_sights, nunleys2010, 5 invisible) and 100 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93340 Topics
1089894 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.126 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.