Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3373348 - 09/25/13 05:56 AM Well had to break down and do it
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Even with the great shoes - the big time additional cardio - no change in body weight. CANNOT seem to get past the "I'm flipping starving" stage!

So, I have done some supplement searches and come up with a few options to help with appetite suppression. One is on order. Dang it I have done this before and I CAN do this again - just HAVE to get control of this stomach/brain combo telling me I'm flippin hungry ALL the time!

#3373728 - 09/25/13 10:23 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: Kimber45]
Bullfrog
6 Point

Loc: Ky Lake

If you're actually doing big time additional cardio....you probably are hungry. You still have to fuel your body, but be smart about it.
#3373839 - 09/25/13 11:47 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Even with the great shoes - the big time additional cardio - no change in body weight. CANNOT seem to get past the "I'm flipping starving" stage!

So, I have done some supplement searches and come up with a few options to help with appetite suppression. One is on order. Dang it I have done this before and I CAN do this again - just HAVE to get control of this stomach/brain combo telling me I'm flippin hungry ALL the time!

I'm the same way. We need to do something, because I'm utterly ravenous by about 9:00 at night. Mrs. TAFKAP is threatening to shoot me because our food budget can't afford my new appetite. Seriously, at 32 years old, I'm now eating again like the 16-year old lacrosse player I was in high school. Thankfully, it's not junk food, but I'm still just starving.

My new metabolism is also affecting my body's ability to process dental anesthesia. It took an extra shot of novocaine this morning, and it's already worn off. My face is killing me.

#3373897 - 09/25/13 12:37 PM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: TAFKAP]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Look on the bright side TAFKAP, a shot usually lasts me about 4 minutes.
Now they just give me one in the roof of my mouth.
It will numb you but it HURTS !!!

#3374903 - 09/26/13 08:10 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: RUGER]
savageman
6 Point

Loc: east tn

there are ways to lose weight other than killer workouts. I've lost about 12 pounds since January by mostly changing my diet. I walk about an hour a day ( or scout for deer or kayak) most days - but I did that before my diet change.
I eat more food now than before, but the food I eat is less dense in calories. Instead of fries- baked potatoes with no butter or sour cream. Instead of white bread- whole wheat. desert is fruit-not cake. water instead or milk or soda or sweet tea. beans instead of meat. lots of veggies and a few nuts.
Not only do you lose weight- you cut you chances of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many other diseases.

#3375094 - 09/26/13 10:23 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: savageman]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Counting calories isn't as important is counting nutrition.

If you eat a "100 Calorie" snack pack, full of all sorts of chemical crap, versus a 300-calorie salad, I would venture to say you're doing better eating more calories.

If you can utilize more of the 300 calories than you can of the 100 calories, your overall health will be better.

#3375111 - 09/26/13 10:35 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

When I did this before I had MADE myself skip eating... Now, later into it AFTER I had gotten to a point that skipping a meal didn't even phase me, I started multiple small meals throughout a day to increase my rep #'s while doing P90X.. I "think" that's honestly where I skeeerewed myself! My stomach had shrunk down to a point that I never wanted a lot to eat at once. Once I started making myself eat more often it seems to have sort of escalated from there.

Heck I'm past the shin pain - stretches are working - cardio before and after every resistance workout and skip a day between resistance where its nothing but cardio and abs... Flipping STARVING at home and like TAFKAP said it follows me late into the night now - still hungry at 9PM where I haven't had that issue in a while.

Oh well, I'm about to attack this hunger thing full-on! I realize my cardio output/energy will suffer a bit, been there and done that. Good thing is I've dropped back to more REPS than heavy weight on resistance so, outside of back where I refuse not to do pull-ups with my 225lb frame and do heavy lat pull-downs as well, I shouldn't see a reduction there with less fuel - that is except for the desire to get done and go BACK to cardio like I'm doing now. Either way, I have to make another adjustment so I'm making it!

Great thing is - I'm getting 5/6 days a week in the gym again now! Honestly always feel better as a result - BP is better for it and I actually enjoy working out again!

Edited by Kimber45 (09/26/13 10:36 AM)

#3376432 - 09/27/13 08:27 AM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: Kimber45]
amattis13
4 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

If ya'll want to crush the hunger feeling (please make sure that you are eating enough!!) try chowing down on a few pieces of ginger, grabbing a handful of almonds, or a protein shake.

Depending on where you are with your daily intake, the ginger may be a good option as there is noting to it and it works very well (and fast) to cure the "hungry" feeling.

-AM

----------
+ http://www.orionskin.com
+ Facebook: Adam Mattis - Hunt Athlete
+ Instagram: amattis13
+ Twitter: amattis13

#3378483 - 09/28/13 09:54 PM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: amattis13]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

The ginger option would be the only of the 3 I'm not already familiar with. I've ordered a pretty stout suppressant - to get ths ball rolling. Should be here Monday. I'm a creature of habit so, if I can ever get this right I should be good.

#3379003 - 09/29/13 12:01 PM Re: Well had to break down and do it [Re: Kimber45]
amattis13
4 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Im tellin' ya Kimber45 .. go to the grocery store and grab some ginger root!

l also use ReBody Ginger Chews when I travel .. check 'em out:
http://www.amazon.com/ReBody-Mandarin-Sa...dy+hunger+chews

----------
+ http://www.orionskin.com
+ Facebook: Adam Mattis - Hunt Athlete
+ Instagram: amattis13
+ Twitter: amattis13

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (Ken45, bigluresonly, mjac, downthebrown, Tracker56, bogger, 1 invisible) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91003 Topics
1063445 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.