Tndeer Logo

Page 232 of 256 « First<230231232233234>Last »
Topic Options
#3355176 - 09/11/13 10:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

God provides...no excuses!

I am preparing for my lesson tonight and found this that I wanted to share today. God expects us to share Him with others as told by the great commission found in Matthew 28:18-20. But we even see this back in the day of Moses when God told him to go to his people Israel and tell them God wants them to trust Him and be freed from Egypt. Guess what Moses did? Made excuses! Just like we do when told to share Jesus with others!

Here are the excuses of Moses:

1. What if they don't believe me?

Exodus 4:1-5

4 Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The Lord has not appeared to you.’”

2 So the Lord said to him, “What is that in your hand?”

He said, “A rod.”

3 And He said, “Cast it on the ground.” So he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from it. 4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail” (and he reached out his hand and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand), 5 “that they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has appeared to you.”

Now for us, God has said plant the seed, He will take care of the rest! Share the gospel! It is not our job to worry about if they believe us or not!

2. I can't speak well!

Exodus 4:10-12

10 Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”

11 So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.”

How many of us have tried this one? haha Look what God says directly to us about this:

Luke 12:11

11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say.

Now this directly refers to if we are arrested for our faith and trying to defend ourselves but God also will provide the words when we share our faith too! We also should be studied up about out faith to be prepared to share!

3. Please don't send me!

Exodus 4:13-16

13 But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.”

14 So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and He said: “Is not Aaron the Levite your brother? I know that he can speak well. And look, he is also coming out to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. 15 Now you shall speak to him and put the words in his mouth. And I will be with your mouth and with his mouth, and I will teach you what you shall do. 16 So he shall be your spokesman to the people. And he himself shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be to him as God.

We also want God to use someone else. Did you see how it made God? Angry! Don't miss the blessings of doing God's work! Share the gospel, someone elses eternity may depend on you!

No excuses! God will provide what you need!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3355207 - 09/11/13 10:29 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Yet again, our Sunday service dealt with this very subject Tom! \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3356532 - 09/12/13 08:34 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Wow that is God!

Jesus Christ

#3356533 - 09/12/13 08:34 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Slow Down!

Heard this song this morning and wanted to share it with you, Stop the World by Matthew West:

http://youtu.be/FAMg1WaEJ98

We are busy, busy people. Too busy in my opinion. So busy many times we miss fellowship with God. He desires that with us, and we should desire that with Him. Look at these verses:

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Psalm 63:1

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.

1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.

John 15:1-5 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Proverbs 8:34Blessed is the one who listens to me, watching at my doors day by day, waiting beside my doorway.

Be still the Word of God says, know He is God. We need God daily and we need to have one on one fellowship with Him. It is a must for a deep relationship with Him. Are you taking time for God? Slow down, for our relationship with him is most important!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3357738 - 09/13/13 07:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

increase/decrease

When we follow Jesus as Lord and Savior of our life, our goal should be a continual process of doing exactly what John the Baptist said here:

John 3:30

"He must increase, but I must decrease.”

We are selfish people. It takes great faith and effort to continually put Jesus before ourselves. It is of my opinion that we never fully get there until death but we must be seeking to put Jesus first in every area of our life. For Jesus alone is worthy to be First, King, Lord, Savior, and Master.

So if you sit back and think about the last year in your life, has Jesus increased in your life or Has self increased? I pray all of us are increasing Jesus in our lives daily!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3360986 - 09/16/13 07:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Death is coming, that can be great news! (Tribute to Mrs. Cloar)

Death can be a very difficult thing to deal with. Yesterday I lost a special lady in my life. Mrs. Cloar. Although she was not officially my grandmother to me she was. She always brought much laughter and joy to my life. The past several years have been difficult for her as she lost Mr. Cloar. Then recently some health problems set in. She said many times she wished the Lord would just take her home and yesterday God did just that. I have no doubt she is with Jesus now and reunited with Mr. Cloar, oh what a beautiful day it must have been in heaven yesterday.

God tells us in his Word that death is coming.

Romans 5:12 [ Death in Adam, Life in Christ ] Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Ecclesiastes 9:1-3 Death Comes to All

9 But all this I laid to heart, examining it all, how the righteous and the wise and their deeds are in the hand of God. Whether it is love or hate, man does not know; both are before him. 2 It is the same for all, since the same event happens to the righteous and the wicked, to the good and the evil, to the clean and the unclean, to him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice. As the good one is, so is the sinner, and he who swears is as he who shuns an oath. 3 This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that the same event happens to all. Also, the hearts of the children of man are full of evil, and madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead

Death may be coming but for those who receive Jesus as Lord and Savior like Mrs. Cloar had she has eternal life in heaven with Jesus!

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Proverbs 14:27

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

This verse reminded me of both Mr. and Mrs. Cloar....they lived their lives in a way that honored God. A great example to others they were!!!

Ecclesiastes 7:1 [ The Contrast of Wisdom and Folly ] A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of birth.

Yesterday Mrs. Cloar had the ultimate victory! Jesus has defeated death for her and now she is as happy as can be at home in heaven!

1 Corinthians 15:54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

My friends we tend to think of death as a bad thing but for the believer it is victory. For we are not made for this world, we are just passing through, we are made to be with God and have the perfect relationship with Him which He designed us for from the very beginning. Jesus is the way, have you found Him?

Mrs. Cloar I will see you soon, give Jesus and Mr. Cloar a hug for me!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3360993 - 09/16/13 08:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

So sorry for your loss Tom. But I've heard it said, that our loss is Heaven's gain. \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3361002 - 09/16/13 08:12 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Sorry for your loss, but I know you are celebrating her victory!

#3364130 - 09/18/13 08:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Indicator you are in Christ.

When you receive Christ into your life you immediately receive the Holy Spirit to live in you. So with that said we should start and continue to grow into these traits:

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Now when you look at these honestly evaluate yourself, are these godly traits a description of you? If you say yes it is a great indicator that you are in Christ. If you say no, you may want to evaluate where you are in Christ. Now I did not say you were not a Christian, I am just saying growth and the traits of the Spirit should become evident in your life. These are all qualities of Jesus and He is our example. These should be qualities we are all growing in as followers of Jesus Christ.

So how about it, do you have these traits?

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3365687 - 09/19/13 09:38 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Be a Berean!

We can pick up some very important things from the Bereans! Read these verses:

Acts 17:10-11

10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

So what do we see here?

1. "they received the word with all eagerness" They wanted God's Word! Do you? I will be honest, some days I have a eagerness to get into the Word, and some days I have to force myself into the Word. The key is though, I get in the Word. No matter how I get into the Word, once I get started I am ALWAYS blessed by spending time with God. So get in God's Word!

2. "examining the Scriptures daily" The Bereans are in the Word daily! Not just on Sunday morning but daily! This is how we get to know God and His ways. Are you in the Word daily? Examining is more that just a read over! They studied to get deep meaning. I hope and pray you are too so you can get a deep relationship with God!

3. "examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so" what does this mean? It means they did not take man's word about the scriptures but they looked and studied for themselves! This is a important point. I pray that your pastor or whoever is bringing the truth to you about scripture, but it is your responsibility to find out. The Bereans looked for themselves and you should too! If your are reading and studying your bibles like you should, you will have a good idea if the truth is coming out because you are studied up!

So are you like the Bereans? You need to be! Get in the Word, eagerly, read to lean and apply what God teaches you. The blessing that will flow from that is a deeper, more intimate relationship with the God who created you and loves you!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 232 of 256 « First<230231232233234>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (TIGGREM2, BamaProud, dryhorn2, danny1975, ClubHead, stik, 1 invisible) and 59 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88993 Topics
1041077 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.266 seconds in which 0.044 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.