Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3362077 - 09/16/13 10:17 PM Re: In your opinion [Re: Rebel]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

I think its all about the geographic location of the college. I went to UT Chattanooga and I about lost my mine every day due to the liberal teachers and students that were everywhere. Any impressionable conservative student or independent would quickly become liberal due to everyone else being one and they wanted to fit in. In contrast, I now go to UT Martin and its about reverse from what ive seen thus far. Most of the teachers and students are conservative and the few libs (you can kinda tell), just keep to themselves in little packs.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3362126 - 09/16/13 11:16 PM Re: In your opinion [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
I think its all about the geographic location of the college. I went to UT Chattanooga and I about lost my mine every day due to the liberal teachers and students that were everywhere. Any impressionable conservative student or independent would quickly become liberal due to everyone else being one and they wanted to fit in. In contrast, I now go to UT Martin and its about reverse from what ive seen thus far. Most of the teachers and students are conservative and the few libs (you can kinda tell), just keep to themselves in little packs.

I'll admit to never having given that factor much thought. At any rate, it's good to know that there are at least a few refuges of something resembling common sense somewhere in public education.

#3362195 - 09/17/13 04:38 AM Re: In your opinion [Re: Bambi Buster]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Having just graduated from TN Tech back in December, I will agree with much of what has been mentioned above. One thing I'll add, most people that are great in their field will not be teaching, IMO, they will be running a business somewhere making alot more money, not saying thats always the case though before anybody gets their undies in a wad. It is my opinion that this helps funnel "underperformers" into PHD required professor positions. Coming from Fentress Co., TN, I couldnt believe the amount of liberal crap spewing at TN Tech. I didnt know that many idiots existed. Thats alot of the reason I left the wildlife department and headed to the agriculture department. The School of Agriculture there is like a haven for conservatives, outside of that it's pretty bad.

#3362340 - 09/17/13 07:13 AM Re: In your opinion [Re: smstone22]
The ScubaCamper
6 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

....I'm at UTC right now. Albeit studying accounting but most (if not all) of my professors have been gun-toting conservatives....I have my doubts on a few though.... The good thing is, I have yet to hear liberal propoganda coming from the podium, but I do see it in the textbooks...

#3362635 - 09/17/13 10:45 AM Re: In your opinion [Re: The ScubaCamper]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

It starts well before college.......

Controversy is brewing around a school district in Denton, Texas, that is said to be using a United States history book that seems to summarize the Second Amendment inaccurately. However, the Denton Independent School District maintains it only uses the book as “supplemental” material and is “disseminating the correct information on the Second Amendment” from other texts.

But there are several other schools that appear to be using the book, too.

“The people have the right to keep and bear arms in a state militia,” the definition in the book, “United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination,” which acts as a study guide for the Advanced Placement U.S. history test, reads.

#3365886 - 09/19/13 12:11 PM Re: In your opinion [Re: preds1]
The ScubaCamper
6 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

...makes me sick....and anxious for the education of my children...
I'm so sick of these propogandist leftists.
Why can't we just rest on our own values & ideology and let the chips fall where they may??

#3366788 - 09/19/13 11:44 PM Re: In your opinion [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Liberal Professors.

^^^ This ^^^^

Μολων λαβε

#3366962 - 09/20/13 07:43 AM Re: In your opinion [Re: in the dog house!]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Because no one in college, (including the professors) have yet to experience real life.

You have a bunch of "adults" who have never left academia informing thousands of students who have yet to leave academia how the real world does or should function.

My niece was nearing her Master's degree in psychology when we met for Thanksgiving last year. For hours I listened to her brain dead comments politics, the Buffet Rule, Universal healtcare etc.

Then, this past spring, we gathered for her commencement. I asked her how starting her own business was going and her reply was "The taxes, OMG, the TAXES are killing me".

She had only been a graduate for a few hours and was 3 weeks into opening her own practice and had already shed 6 years of liberal echo chamber fantasy theories.

Real life has a way of breaking through the BS. Liberalism can only exist in a vacuum. How do you make a conservative? Make them live by fund their own ideas

#3367351 - 09/20/13 11:31 AM Re: In your opinion [Re: Crappie Luck]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

Hey now, not everyone in college has zero life experience outside of school. But I do agree with everything else you said.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3367430 - 09/20/13 12:23 PM Re: In your opinion [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
Hey now, not everyone in college has zero life experience outside of school. But I do agree with everything else you said.

I know some other exceptions to that rule with similar life experience like yours. They all tell me it's like being back in kindergarten.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (gobblinfool, Bar7mag, Steverino, HOOK) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180121 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.