Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3355975 - 09/11/13 07:41 PM Anyone know paleo ??
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

I was curious if someone mite give me the nuts & bolts of the paleo thing, would be nice to have a clue if its worth buy'n a book on not.

Thanks

#3356066 - 09/11/13 08:26 PM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: FOX FIRE]
TNRifleman
8 Point

Loc: Collierville

Not real sure on Paleo but we do an organic, wheat/gluten free diet. Pick up the book "Wheat Belly" Very enlightening and a little scary to see what I had been eating.
#3356082 - 09/11/13 08:34 PM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: FOX FIRE]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

This is the next book I'm getting regarding Paleo. It looks real good and had a bunch of great reviews. There are also a bunch of free Paleo e books on amazon that you could check out in addition to hitting up your local library!

http://amzn.to/1ejGYyi

#3356340 - 09/12/13 12:50 AM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: FOX FIRE]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: FOX FIRE
I was curious if someone mite give me the nuts & bolts of the paleo thing, would be nice to have a clue if its worth buy'n a book on not.

Thanks

I'm not sure if it's worth buying a book. Just find someone that's doing that fad and ask them......Wanna know how you can find someone on the Paleo fad?

THEY'LL F'N TELL YOU \:D \:D \:D

Basically, the Paleo fad is based on a flawed assumption about the diet of cavemen. Paleo dorks think that the caveman was the healthiest specimen in human history (you know, since their life expectancy was something like 23 years) because of his diet.

1) Paleo doesn't believe in dairy
2) Paleo doesn't believe in beans
3) Paleo doesn't believe in refined sugars or grain by-products

Basically, unless it had a face or roots, they don't eat it.

#3356493 - 09/12/13 07:56 AM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: TAFKAP]
JC5810
4 Point

Loc: Tri-Cities

The paleo concept is not a bad idea, just interpret it as eating whole foods. It's far greater than the diets of the majority of Americans. If people would just stay away from processed foods and added sugar we wouldn't have these issues. Yet, every day I drive past the yellow arches and a big yellow star and the line is wrapped around the building with lit cigarettes everywhere. I've never seen a group of people more motivated to actively kill themselves.

USAF Vet.

#3356657 - 09/12/13 10:31 AM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: JC5810]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Its a pretty simple concept. I don't follow it in a dedicated manner, but I do as a guideline. You cut out refined sugar and processed foods, you can't go wrong. At the same time, there's no reason to be a snob about it. Besides, all these Paleo fadders aren't eating game meat, so they are actually not Paleo and, if a Caveman found a Oreo, I'm sure he would it eat it the same way the Squirrel at my neighborhood bar eats french fries and chicken wings.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3356747 - 09/12/13 11:46 AM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: Poser]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
Its a pretty simple concept. I don't follow it in a dedicated manner, but I do as a guideline. You cut out refined sugar and processed foods, you can't go wrong. At the same time, there's no reason to be a snob about it. Besides, all these Paleo fadders aren't eating game meat, so they are actually not Paleo and, if a Caveman found a Oreo, I'm sure he would it eat it the same way the Squirrel at my neighborhood bar eats french fries and chicken wings.

Nice \:D

#3357409 - 09/12/13 08:43 PM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: TAFKAP]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

HA !!! love the answers, most is about what I thought, common sense tells me that a cave man just about had to eat better than we do now, everything in his diet was natural either from the plant or animal, nothing processed to be had.

But as stated give him a oreo & he wouldnt think twice, he probably ate everything from snails,plants,carion,roots,fruit,mice,marrow,,,what ever he could catch or that didnt eat him first.

Common sense (again) tells me if we eat food in as natural state as possable its got to be better for us.

#3357571 - 09/12/13 11:27 PM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: FOX FIRE]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: FOX FIRE

Common sense (again) tells me if we eat food in as natural state as possable its got to be better for us.

Very correct...and to me, milk, cheese, beans, fermentation, distillation, etc. are all natural processes that are about as close to happiness as you can get. Pi$$ on the Paleo fad. Using it as a guidline is fine, and I don't mean to belittle someone that's doing it successfully (and quietly). But a fad is just a fad, and I'm getting tired of the Paleo snobs out there beating folks over the head about it.

#3359752 - 09/14/13 11:16 PM Re: Anyone know paleo ?? [Re: TAFKAP]
JC5810
4 Point

Loc: Tri-Cities

Bottom line; the more it has been messed with by man or machine, the less I consume. (please note, I "drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around") so aside from that. Paleo is another idea hijacked by loons. Just eat real food and you're fine.

USAF Vet.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (jmb4wd, mossyoak) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.