Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3352012 - 09/08/13 07:51 PM Reality check
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Loc: Mt. Eagle

Had a big ol wake up call saturday, went squirrel hunt'n with my cuzin & found out fast as to just how bad of shape I'm in, wasnt much more than a hundred yards from the pick up when the muscles in back start to tighten up (from carrying my gut), heart rate was hammer'n, legs get'n tired already & breath'n like a horse.

25 years of set'n in a truck seat jammin gears has take'n its toll, my quality of life has never been this limited, reality has sunk in & its past time to get serious, I dont want to end a diabetic, heart patient or bedfast stroke victim when I can do something about it.

Geneticly my family are mostly short & round (we're trolls), but improvments have to be made, even if I have to find the cash for a trainer to educate me, lifes to short to be held hostage by stuidity & lazyness.

I'm seriously rattled, dont like this at all, I need a game plan on how to make this work.

Edited by FOX FIRE (09/08/13 07:53 PM)

#3352157 - 09/08/13 08:45 PM Re: Reality check [Re: FOX FIRE]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Been there, still there but getting better every day.
The will to live will help you.

#3352313 - 09/08/13 11:34 PM Re: Reality check [Re: RUGER]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

If you have a smartphone, the Couch to 5K app will really be a good motivator. It'll take the most lethargic and out of shape person and get you running 3.1 miles in 12 weeks. It's at your own pace, so don't go into it expecting to run a 5 minute mile.

Rule #1: Get off your butt and do it

That's it. Once you follow Rule #1, you're already doing laps around everyone else still on the couch.

Good luck with it.

#3352357 - 09/09/13 04:39 AM Re: Reality check [Re: TAFKAP]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

The people that have success are the ones that are consistent. You don't have to work hard everyday, you just have to do something. Ten to 15 min is better then nothing. You can do it.

Journal: http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3353342 - 09/09/13 08:27 PM Re: Reality check [Re: JWW4]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Not exactly how I want to go about it at this point, stying away from the fab diets but am kind of curious about the paleo thing, for now its just no sweets,colas,breads or anything processed if I can help it, need to make a grocerie run this weekend.

Had a eliptical trained gave to me yesterday & a schwinn airedyne that needs repaired, bought a pair of new balance shoes, walking is free & dont take up room.

Its a start I guess.

#3353499 - 09/09/13 10:20 PM Re: Reality check [Re: FOX FIRE]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: FOX FIRE
for now its just no sweets,colas,breads or anything processed if I can help it, need to make a grocerie run this weekend.

Its a start I guess.

That's a good start, actually. I woouldn't worry too much about the fad diets, either. And be careful with that whole "no sugar" thing. Sugar is still a nutrient your body needs. You will be just fine eating a bit of sugar, so long as it's not plain ol' white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Try honey.

But dark chocolate is where it's at.....

#3354368 - 09/10/13 07:17 PM Re: Reality check [Re: TAFKAP]
VolHunter22
4 Point

Loc: Knox, TN and Cordova, TN

That's a great start. Cutting out processed foods and sugars alone will help you lose weight. I would also advocate using a good weightlifting program. Lifting weights and watching what you eat can transform your body like nothing else. Also, don't starve yourself (and you showed a lot of smarts talking about staying off fad diets) because this can simply slow down your metabolism which is the opposite of what you want. Lift 3x a week and follow a good meal plan and you'll be fine. After you've done that for a while you'll be ready to start interval training or something for advanced if you wanted to.
#3354482 - 09/10/13 08:15 PM Re: Reality check [Re: VolHunter22]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Ive read a lot of bad things about high fructose corn syrp (makes you more prone to insulin resistance was the one that got my attention) & its in every thing you pick up, things that arent even sweet have it.
But gotta ask...whats with the dark chocolate ?? noticed it mentioned a good bit.

Weight lifting later on is on the list but want to learn to do it rite, have an uncle who was into power lift'n for years, need to get him to help with correct form, you tube mite have some tutorials.

Would like to work my way into cross fit stuff, most actualy looks fun instead of all work, but some looks like a trip to the ER wait'n to happen,but this is way down the road & then in watered down versions.

#3354716 - 09/10/13 11:11 PM Re: Reality check [Re: FOX FIRE]
TAFKAP
14 Point

For one, dark chocolate tastes the best ;\) But since I like it so much, I have to justify myself a little bit.

Since dark chocolate has fewer ingredients, it's not nearly as junky as milk chocolate, which often has a ton of sugar. Also, it's more highly concentrated with the good antioxidants that are found in cacao. Plus, it gives you a nice little "sin" to indulge in that won't break your calorie count.

Did I mention it tastes damnnn good?

#3355956 - 09/11/13 07:30 PM Re: Reality check [Re: TAFKAP]
FOX FIRE
8 Point

Ahh, never was into candy even as a kid but do eat chocolate every once in a while, most of the time its so sweet & rich its more than I care for & have to wash it down with water to cut it.

My sweet weakness is cake (without iceing) or pie, wifey make one & I tell her to take it to work with her,just to get it away from me.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (Cache, Fleet Fox, BIGORANGE, memfuzz, Eric Kilby, fourwheeler431) and 55 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99608 Topics
1171907 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.