Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#3348724 - 09/05/13 08:29 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: gator-n-buck]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
I been to a few Vol games..... \:D I didn't even have to pay. Come to think of it, I was being paid to watch them lose.... \:D
\:D

#3348781 - 09/05/13 08:50 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: moondawg]
Gravey
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford / Wilson County Lin...

Dang I never knew this would go to 5 pages. LOL. My main point was referring to the obnoxious a-hole fan who couldn't tell you the first thing about "their team". Those are the ones who drive me nuts. They run that mouth and talk trash but know nothing about the team.

#3348782 - 09/05/13 08:51 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter
Pro sports are no different. Although I could not possibly care any less about the nfl, I am a huge St Louis Cardinals fan. They are the closest team to me, I can drive up and watch them play any weekend, and their AAA team is in memphis and I watch them a lot during the year.

Yankee fans are just like bammer fans around here. No ties, no connection. But they win a lot so you too can feel like a winner even if you aren't.

Not true.

I'm a Yankee fan but not because of their winning percentage but because of their history. Growing up my brother and I was able to see the run the M&M Boys made. For you that's have no clue what I'm talking about it was Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris. It was the year Maris hit 61 home runs and Mantle hit 54 before he was forced to pull out of the lineup in September because of an abscessed hip. That was real and something to see back then. Because of them I read up on the Yankee history and all the players that had gone on the Yankee team before. THAT is what made me a Yankee fan.

Some people just can't help from putting a team down no mater who they are but the worst of them also have to put down the fans too. It's sad but that's life.

#3348787 - 09/05/13 08:53 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Gravey]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Gravey
My main point was referring to the obnoxious a-hole fan who couldn't tell you the first thing about "their team". Those are the ones who drive me nuts. They run that mouth and talk trash but know nothing about the team.

Whoa...take it easy on GnB \:D
Toyota
Apple

#3348824 - 09/05/13 09:08 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: beachguy]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: beachguy
My main point was referring to the obnoxious a-hole fan who couldn't tell you the first thing about "their team". Those are the ones who drive me nuts. They run that mouth and talk trash but know nothing about the team.

You must got me confused with some of your fans..... \:\)

#3348837 - 09/05/13 09:18 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: gator-n-buck]
Gravey
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford / Wilson County Lin...

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
 Originally Posted By: beachguy

You must got me confused with some of your fans..... \:\)

I'll have to give ole gator props...he probably knows more about the Vols than a lot of Vols fans. When I want to know something about them I just ask him. \:D He's really a closet Vol fan.

#3348875 - 09/05/13 09:58 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: stik
what I can't understand are those that have no connection what-so-ever.

Alert the media, Stik and I agree on something.

West TENNESSEE is FULL of bandwagon bammer fans. I see more A's than anything else. I love to quiz them on "their" school. Turns out 99% of them have NO ties to the school or state.

I actually feel sorry for them. If the only way you can feel like a winner in life is attach yourself to a bunch of 20 year old kids in another state that you have no ties to, you must live a sad existence indeed.

Agreed. Bandwagon fans are second class sports citizens. I am not saying anyone here is one.

I grew up in Ohio. If you were a Michigan fan without having a good reason for being one, then you were a traitor.

Coach Butch Jones is a good football coach and a winner. I believe he will have the Vols back in respectable bowl games soon enough. When that happens you will see less "A" and more "T" walking around Tennessee. Guaranteed.

At Notre Dame there is a historical term called "subway alumni". These are fans who did not attend the University, but who have a passionate love for the University and its football program for various reasons. I love hanging out with these folks at games because you can tell they are 100% pure Notre Dame fans. Many of them are bigger fans and supporters of the University than some alumni who actually went there. Other schools have similar, equally passionate fans who are not alumni. These folks are a big part of what makes college football so great, and many of them are very knowledgeable about the game of football.

Now, the bandwagon fans who know nothing about football or the team they claim to support - they can all go to the back of the bus!

#3348886 - 09/05/13 10:07 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Gravey]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Dang I never knew this would go to 5 pages. LOL. My main point was referring to the obnoxious a-hole fan who couldn't tell you the first thing about "their team". Those are the ones who drive me nuts. They run that mouth and talk trash but know nothing about the team.
I know a guy who says he likes the Oakland Raiders... but couldn't tell you if they're AFC or NFC, or who the coach or QB is.

#3348887 - 09/05/13 10:07 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Pro sports are no different. Although I could not possibly care any less about the nfl, I am a huge St Louis Cardinals fan. They are the closest team to me, I can drive up and watch them play any weekend, and their AAA team is in memphis and I watch them a lot during the year.

Yankee fans are just like bammer fans around here. No ties, no connection. But they win a lot so you too can feel like a winner even if you aren't.

Not true.

I'm a Yankee fan but not because of their winning percentage but because of their history. Growing up my brother and I was able to see the run the M&M Boys made. For you that's have no clue what I'm talking about it was Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris. It was the year Maris hit 61 home runs and Mantle hit 54 before he was forced to pull out of the lineup in September because of an abscessed hip. That was real and something to see back then. Because of them I read up on the Yankee history and all the players that had gone on the Yankee team before. THAT is what made me a Yankee fan.

Some people just can't help from putting a team down no mater who they are but the worst of them also have to put down the fans too. It's sad but that's life.

what do you think about a rod? yankees do have a ton of history and good clean history. im not a yankee fan at all but I do respect their history. for me im a huge baseball fan and personally I wish the would have banned him for life.

#3348922 - 09/05/13 11:20 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: deerhunter10]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Not true.

what do you think about a rod? yankees do have a ton of history and good clean history. im not a yankee fan at all but I do respect their history. for me im a huge baseball fan and personally I wish the would have banned him for life.

That's the problem. Todays fans have to put up with stuff A. Rod did and others of the same. It's crap and in no way matches the past history. To me the fans of yesteryear had it better than the ones today. I was lucky enough to see the M&M Boys and their run to beat Babe's single season record. No two team mates will ever do that again.

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Shouldbeatwork, Tage, Horsefly23, jthisell, pacecardave
13187 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (280longshot, wayne, Cottontop, Deer Elvis, RodBone75, TNTomtaker01, 12 invisible) and 101 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13187 Members
42 Forums
91026 Topics
1063783 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.788 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.