Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3348069 - 09/05/13 11:02 AM Christian-owned bakery shuts down
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Christian-owned bakery shuts down, cites ‘Mafia-style’ tactics of homosexual activists

Charlie Butts (OneNewsNow.com) Thursday, September 05, 2013

An Oregon bakery targeted by the state for refusing to provide a cake for a same-sex “wedding” says Mafia-style tactics have forced them to close the business.

Sweet Cakes closed signThe owners of “Sweet Cakes by Melissa” in the Portland suburb of Gresham refused to provide the cake because their Christian faith rejects homosexual practices. The lesbian couple who requested the cake then filed a discrimination complaint with the Oregon Commissioner of Labor. That investigation is pending.

After the complaint was filed, homosexual activists began conducting demonstrations at the shop and targeting the bakery's vendors. HotAir.com conducted an extended interview with the owners, Aaron and Melissa Klein, about their decision to shut down.

Aaron said the opposition came from people who are simply intolerant of the Christian view of homosexuality.

“They've been militant. The best way I can describe it is they’ve used Mafia tactics against the business,” he said.

“In fact, I just found a social media site where a guy actually said that he'd like to find us and slap the expletive out of us. But, as far as the Mafia tactics, basically [they said] if you do business with Sweet Cakes we will shut you down.”

Their business dropped by half within a short time, so they have shuttered the business and moved it into their home. The discrimination complaint is now being handled by the attorneys with no end in sight.

An Oregon government official was criticized by pro-family groups last month after stating the goal of investigations into discrimination complaints “is never to shut down a business” but instead “to rehabilitate.”

The Kleins did say their faith remains strong and they will continue to stand on the Bible.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3348101 - 09/05/13 11:27 AM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: MUP]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

Rehabilitate, isn't that what commies. do when they take over a country???

#3348106 - 09/05/13 11:29 AM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: MUP]
taximan
8 Point

Loc: Indiana

These people will keep pushing as long as we keep backing up.... these people dont have to worship my God nor say the pledge of alliegence but ill be darned if they gonna take my rights away.....my tolerence level is at all time low

#3348117 - 09/05/13 11:34 AM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: taximan]
jameseboy
8 Point

Loc: Germantown, TN

Shoulda baked em a terrible tasting cake and gone on about their business.
#3348325 - 09/05/13 02:57 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: jameseboy]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: jameseboy
Shoulda baked em a terrible tasting cake and gone on about their business.

Agreed.

#3348341 - 09/05/13 03:08 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I disagree jameseboy, what SHOULD have happened was exactly NOTHING.

I see signs all the time, we reserve the right to refuse etc.

Oh wait that is only if it is a white redneck they don't want to serve.

Makes me very angry that "normal" has to bow at every friggin turn.

#3348366 - 09/05/13 03:34 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: RUGER]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: In the Middle of no where

We have to "respect" their beliefs but they can stomp on all of mine. Is the Christian based groups helping in fighting this?

#3348411 - 09/05/13 04:18 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Looks like they were not shut down not by the government, but because their customer base didn't support the position they took on a public issue. That's just captalism. Nobody should be forced to do business with folks they don't want to. But that's a two way street. They got a dose of their own medicine.
#3348458 - 09/05/13 05:04 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: RUGER]
Snake
18 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: RUGER
I disagree jameseboy, what SHOULD have happened was exactly NOTHING.

I see signs all the time, we reserve the right to refuse etc.

Oh wait that is only if it is a white redneck they don't want to serve.

Makes me very angry that "normal" has to bow at every friggin turn.

Ditto , I would have baked them a cake but I don't think they would have like the after effects !

#3348648 - 09/05/13 07:52 PM Re: Christian-owned bakery shuts down [Re: pass-thru]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: pass-thru
Looks like they were not shut down not by the government, but because their customer base didn't support the position they took on a public issue. That's just captalism. Nobody should be forced to do business with folks they don't want to. But that's a two way street. They got a dose of their own medicine.

Capitalism....? Sounds more like the homo mafia put on such a show that the normal everyday folks decided to avoid them - therefore having to avoid the shop. Probably should sue the city for allowing the homo-mafia to carry on a situation of Defamation.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1, ojf, Muwasi, Brad1
13550 Registered Users
Who's Online
42 registered (lpo1981, Planking, Southpaw, Cache, gthorne, 30-06 type of guy, 6 invisible) and 93 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13550 Members
42 Forums
99348 Topics
1168685 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.054 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.