Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 10 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#3347315 - 09/04/13 06:05 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: moondawg]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: West TN

Originally Posted By: moondawg
Dude! Remember the Florida fanclub we had back in the day? With the Gator jerseys and the Florida Oath of Loyalty? And the secret handshake with the Gator Chomp? Man, those were the days! I was totally jealous of your truck with the huge Gator logo on the back window...that was the bomb! \:D

I know you are making this up because even the Gaytor fans wouldn't do the gator chop back then. They were the doormat of the SEC. Ah, the good ol days!

And, I was "spurhunter" YEARS before the imposters showed up.

#3347320 - 09/04/13 06:09 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter
Dude! Remember the Florida fanclub we had back in the day? With the Gator jerseys and the Florida Oath of Loyalty? And the secret handshake with the Gator Chomp? Man, those were the days! I was totally jealous of your truck with the huge Gator logo on the back window...that was the bomb! \:D

I know you are making this up because even the Gaytor fans wouldn't do the gator chop back then. They were the doormat of the SEC. Ah, the good ol days!

\:D

#3347454 - 09/04/13 07:57 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: moondawg]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

This thread is great!!!!

Now as pro football season moves along we can see the TRUE BANWAGOON FANS if they root for any team outside the state of Tennessee.

We can also come back on here to see what those same people said about others rooting with no connection at all.

We will bring this thread back up for the college champion and Super Bowl week. To see who THEY root for.

#3347468 - 09/04/13 08:02 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter

30 years ago... Wasn't that long ago.... \:D

#3347674 - 09/04/13 11:51 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
This thread is great!!!!

Now as pro football season moves along we can see the TRUE BANWAGOON FANS if they root for any team outside the state of Tennessee.

We can also come back on here to see what those same people said about others rooting with no connection at all.

We will bring this thread back up for the college champion and Super Bowl week. To see who THEY root for.

I'll still be wearing my Elway jersey in February, and my diploma will still say CBU in July. \:D

#3347675 - 09/04/13 11:57 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

This thread is great!!!!

NFL is a totally different entity.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3347791 - 09/05/13 06:41 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: stik]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: stik
This thread is great!!!!

NFL is a totally different entity.

Not really. The NFL is a different entity but not a different animal. It's sports. People are fans of whichever team they are fans of, regardless of how they picked their team. Remember when the Titans were doing so good a decade ago? Flags, jerseys, tee shirts and sweatshirts were everywhere, all of the time. Now, not so much. It's the same with college teams by and large.

#3347808 - 09/05/13 07:03 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Hangnail]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

There is no difference, one SPORTS TEAM is the same as all other SPORTS TEAMS.

It's funny to call fans of college sports "bandwagon fans" if they have "no connection" to the school at all, but it perfectly fine to root like crazy for a pro team 1,000 miles away and have "no connection" at all with them other than being a "fan".

#3347854 - 09/05/13 08:06 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

There is no difference, one SPORTS TEAM is the same as all other SPORTS TEAMS.

It's funny to call fans of college sports "bandwagon fans" if they have "no connection" to the school at all, but it perfectly fine to root like crazy for a pro team 1,000 miles away and have "no connection" at all with them other than being a "fan".

options are limited in the nfl.there was no home state nfl team until the oilers/titans moved. I pulled for the falcons because they were the closest.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3347873 - 09/05/13 08:16 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: stik]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: West TN

Pro sports are no different. Although I could not possibly care any less about the nfl, I am a huge St Louis Cardinals fan. They are the closest team to me, I can drive up and watch them play any weekend, and their AAA team is in memphis and I watch them a lot during the year.

Yankee fans are just like bammer fans around here. No ties, no connection. But they win a lot so you too can feel like a winner even if you aren't.

And, I was "spurhunter" YEARS before the imposters showed up.

Page 7 of 10 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (browtines, Main Beam, SharpEyeGirl, DaveB, trm, diamond hunter, 8 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85435 Topics
1032324 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.249 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.