Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3343828 - 09/01/13 04:42 PM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Wes Parrish]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

That is a wonderful bass. Glad you released it. Kentucky Lake is an excellent fishery.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

Consider the sheer size difference as KY Lake is many times larger, and has much less fishing pressure (per acre).

Then, how many of those big bass from Chickamauga may end up downstream in KY Lake? I don't know, but I suspect may fish end up farther downstream over time.

Wes, do you own a new Dover Bass Fishing Guide service or something? \:D Seriously, KY lake is beautiful fishery. I hope that both lakes can continue to produce quality fish. I know that in Chickamaugas case these are the good ol' days right now.

#3343924 - 09/01/13 06:22 PM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Kirk]
eddiep
4 Point

Loc: Cumberland, furnace tn.

I think both lakes are producing wonderfully at the same time. KY. has been producing big fish on the south end for the last 4-5 years! I am glad Chick is hot now because it sure reduced the out of state crowd's on KY..

Edited by eddiep (09/01/13 06:24 PM)

#3343958 - 09/01/13 07:14 PM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: eddiep]
SilverFox
10 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

F-1 in the chick... How bout Kentucky?

#3344012 - 09/01/13 07:53 PM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Wes Parrish]
ClubHead
6 Point

Loc: Benton Co.Ky Lake,Tn

Wes Parrish Said
Consider the sheer size difference as KY Lake is many times larger, and has much less fishing pressure (per acre) [/quote]How do you figure this??????I live just a few miles away from Ky Lake and fish it every chance.It gets Hammered non stop.Boat ramps stay full.Bow to Bow is normal on weekends.

Edited by ClubHead (09/01/13 07:56 PM)

#3345528 - 09/03/13 09:57 AM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Wes Parrish]
MFBAB
10 Point

Loc: Memphis, TN

Fantastic! I continue to think KY Lake is the best bet for the next TN record largemouth.

An "unofficial" state record was caught in 2012 at Pickwick too. The TN River is an amazing fishery.
http://www.nooga.com/153435/possible-tennessee-state-record-bass-caught-and-released/

to the OP - Great fish, congrats to you!!

#3346729 - 09/04/13 08:55 AM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: MFBAB]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: MFBAB
Fantastic! I continue to think KY Lake is the best bet for the next TN record largemouth.

An "unofficial" state record was caught in 2012 at Pickwick too. The TN River is an amazing fishery.
http://www.nooga.com/153435/possible-tennessee-state-record-bass-caught-and-released/

YES! And having heard about this was PART of why I believe KY Lake is the single best bet for TN's next record-breaking largemouth. Increasing weights on top-end bass seem to be increasing in most TN lakes, although Chickamauga is getting the most publicity. No doubt the Florida strain bass released in Chickamauga are a big part of the equation, but some of those may be ending up farther downstream.

Originally Posted By: Kirk
Wes, do you own a new Dover Bass Fishing Guide service or something? \:D Seriously, KY lake is beautiful fishery. I hope that both lakes can continue to produce quality fish. I know that in Chickamaugas case these are the good ol' days right now.
Ha! \:D
Actually, Kirk, I do more of my personal bass fishing on Reelfoot. IMO, "these" are the good ol' days of bass fishing on most TN lakes. Seems to be better and more top-end bass, which I believe is largely to the credit of more fisherman practicing catch & release of bass which would have gone to the taxidermist in times past.

Originally Posted By: ClubHead
I live just a few miles away from Ky Lake and fish it every chance. It gets Hammered non stop. Boat ramps stay full. Bow to Bow is normal on weekends.

Imagine if you had that same scenario on a lake a fraction the size of KY Lake.

#3347381 - 09/04/13 07:15 PM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Wes Parrish]
ClubHead
6 Point

Loc: Benton Co.Ky Lake,Tn

Originally Posted By: MFBAB

YES! And having heard about this was PART of why I believe KY Lake is the single best bet for TN's next record-breaking largemouth. Increasing weights on top-end bass seem to be increasing in most TN lakes, although Chickamauga is getting the most publicity. No doubt the Florida strain bass released in Chickamauga are a big part of the equation, but some of those may be ending up farther downstream.

Originally Posted By: Kirk
Ha! \:D
Actually, Kirk, I do more of my personal bass fishing on Reelfoot. IMO, "these" are the good ol' days of bass fishing on most TN lakes. Seems to be better and more top-end bass, which I believe is largely to the credit of more fisherman practicing catch & release of bass which would have gone to the taxidermist in times past.

Originally Posted By: ClubHead
I live just a few miles away from Ky Lake and fish it every chance. It gets Hammered non stop. Boat ramps stay full. Bow to Bow is normal on weekends.

Imagine if you had that same scenario on a lake a fraction the size of KY Lake.
Yeah but the lake size of Ky Lake is decieving.Once you go south of Duck River,It turns to river instead of Lake with 50 miles or so counted as acerage.

Edited by ClubHead (09/04/13 07:16 PM)

#3347773 - 09/05/13 06:18 AM Re: Ky. Lake Big Fish [Re: Dbllunger]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

awesome catch,congrats
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
143 registered (JoninTN, usanglure, Tn_Va_Hunter, hunter drew, caretaker, AndyW, 13 invisible) and 177 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91368 Topics
1068120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.