Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3346839 - 09/04/13 10:48 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

I have no problem with rabid fans either, as long as they are respectful of others , but seems there's always at least one drunk wanting to fight, or throw up on somone. I've heard of fans sneaking booze into the stadium in a pair of fake binoculars. Been a VOL fan since I was a kid, and heard John Ward "voice of the VOLS" call the games on radio, long before they were televised. I didn't get to attend a game until I was about 30, but John could make you feel like you were in the stadium even when listening at home.

#3346861 - 09/04/13 11:12 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: dr]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: dr
I have no problem with rabid fans either, as long as they are respectful of others , but seems there's always at least one drunk wanting to fight, or throw up on somone. I've heard of fans sneaking booze into the stadium in a pair of fake binoculars. Been a VOL fan since I was a kid, and heard John Ward "voice of the VOLS" call the games on radio, long before they were televised. I didn't get to attend a game until I was about 30, but John could make you feel like you were in the stadium even when listening at home.

Lol...you would never make it through a game at Ohio State or LSU.

Several years ago Notre Dame stopped doing night games at home because of the reasons you mentioned. They have gone back to doing one night game a year and the parking lots with tailgating are pretty much a drunk fest by the time late afternoon rolls around.

#3346903 - 09/04/13 11:51 AM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Vermin93]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

In the end, it's just entertainment..so like whoever you want to like. I went to the University of Memphis, but that doesn't mean I'm a rabid Tigers fan. I don't care anything about their football or basketball team.

How many people are Indianapolis Colts or Denver Broncos fans, yet have never been to either stadium? \:\)

#3346927 - 09/04/13 12:03 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: stik]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: T County, TN

Originally Posted By: stik
what I can't understand are those that have no connection what-so-ever.

Alert the media, Stik and I agree on something.

West TENNESSEE is FULL of bandwagon bammer fans. I see more A's than anything else. I love to quiz them on "their" school. Turns out 99% of them have NO ties to the school or state.

I actually feel sorry for them. If the only way you can feel like a winner in life is attach yourself to a bunch of 20 year old kids in another state that you have no ties to, you must live a sad existence indeed.

#3346963 - 09/04/13 12:26 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

...or even kids in the same state that you do have ties to. Life is much more than worrying about what allegiance other folks have to whatever sports team is relevant at any given time. \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3346968 - 09/04/13 12:31 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Wildcat]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: BSK
I have no problems with rabid fans who have never attended a game.

nor do I. what I can't understand are those that have no connection what-so-ever.

Then you have never been a part of it.

You have heard of the Big Blue Nation, they are spread out all over the world and do NOT live in Kentucky. In every country I or my brother has been in any time one of us wears a UK shirt or jacket people that were BORN in that country come up to us to tell us they are a big fan of UK Basketball and watch every game on TV. They have NO connection at all and most have never ever been in the USA let alone a UK Basketball game.

People say that UK Basketball fans "travel" long ways to the ballgames, some do but not all. The truth is most of the people wearing UK blue you see at "away games" LIVE in that area and buy the tickets though their "area schools" but are UK fans and not the "local school" fans.

People that are not UK Basketball fans have trouble understanding this.

I call those "bandwagon" fans.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3346970 - 09/04/13 12:32 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: MUP]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
...or even kids in the same state that you do have ties to. Life is much more than worrying about what allegiance other folks have to whatever sports team is relevant at any given time. \:\)

Thank you Captain Obvious. This thread is about bandwagon fans. If the topic isn't relevant to you, why click on it?

#3347004 - 09/04/13 01:12 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: MUP]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Loc: knoxville

For one its expensive to go to the games. I told my wife(who is huge TN fan) just last night we werent going to every TN game even though I have season tickets. With having to pay a baby sitter pay for parking tailgating and eating out on the way home Ive got about $300 in a game, and there are 7 home games this year. Im a big Dolphins fan and I can get NFL ticket on Direct for a little over $200 and watch every game they play.
#3347013 - 09/04/13 01:16 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter

Thank you Captain Obvious. This thread is about bandwagon fans. If the topic isn't relevant to you, why click on it?

Confused here, but are you saying you are a bandwagon fan, and that's why you have the right to post here, and I don't? Anyway, I was actually agreeing with your post.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3347047 - 09/04/13 01:44 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: MUP]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Life is much more than worrying about what allegiance other folks have to whatever sports team is relevant at any given time. \:\)

Sorry MUP (or Captain Obvious ). When I read the above quote I thought you were saying we shouldn't worry about bandwagon fans. I didn't realize you were agreeing with my opinion of them.

Page 5 of 10 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (JMcB, biglefty20, Remington742, TN RDG RNR, TNRifleman, Savage Shooter, 11 invisible) and 114 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90998 Topics
1063401 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.071 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.