Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3347248 - 09/04/13 04:40 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Poser]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Poser
Fight! Fight! Fight! \:D

Good try but not really. I am not in the least bit mad...

#3347250 - 09/04/13 04:45 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: Sako
I do not need to back away from the keyboard as I am not riled up... actually find most of this very amusing... For the record, I never said you had an issue with someone killing their limit If you re-read my post and I quote "if you have an issue with this, then who is being Shelfish"

I was going to a specific topic and making specific statements to make people think about their thoughts... Read the next Post...

You asked questions that weren't applicable to anybody in this thread in an effort to prove a point that everyone already knows. Nobody has a problem killing legal limits of deer, crappie or white bass, so why are you asking if they do?

This is not about people getting drawn and not showing up for whatever reason. This is about people applying for a draw hunt when they have NO, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH plans whatsoever to go on the hunt if they draw it. It has nothing to do with being fair or unfair. It has everything to do with being a decent citizen and a considerate hunter or being a jackwagon. It's a simple question of ethics. You understand it's a question of ethics because you admitted that you wouldn't apply for a draw hunt unless you intended to do the hunt if you were drawn.

It seems your only point is that life is full of inconsiderate jackwagons that you have chosen to ignore (except for parents who don't supervise their kids according to your standards). If you prefer to sit back and watch life happen regardless of it's impact on you, that's your prerogative. You certainly aren't the only one. However, there are many people who don't simply subscribe to the "life isn't fair" mantra every time they run across something that just isn't right.

You could have handled this differently. You could have at least acknowledged that a person applying for a draw hunt with no intention of ever doing the hunt wasn't behaving ethically as a member of the hunting community, but you didn't. Instead, you defended that person, called tndeer members whiners and sore losers, and chalked it up simply as "life isn't fair".

I'm sure you don't care, but I think the lesson you taught your son on the fishing trip was a good one. Unfortunately, I think your attempt to do the same with this situation failed because in a clear case of right vs wrong, you sided with wrong.

#3347304 - 09/04/13 05:41 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Is it wright versus wrong...? How do you define wright versus wrong? You stated that a person who applied for a draw hunt with no intention to go was not behaving ethically and that I could have aleast acknowledged that he was behaving unethically. Ethically is simply a matter of ones beliefs. Just because I would not do what he did, does not make what he did unethical.

Do you believe that a person who is a tree hugger that applies for a hunt and does not go is acting unethically? My guess is they would not think so and would argue and even fight you to prove they are not.... after all in their mind they would be saving a tasty animal from death and the grill. Again it is all a matter of perspective. I purposely called out people as whiners and sore losers... Yes I said it... sometime people really need to think about why they are pissed and their blood is boiling. Being pissed and having their blood boiling over someone not going or not even intending to go on a hunt is petty and really should be thought out. I would hate to see what else gets them pissed off if they get pissed off so easily. DO NOT GET ME WRONG as I was once like this as well about 20 years ago.and but i have changed.

Now for some clarity... I do not chose to sit back and watch life happen regardless of its impact on me... quite the opposite... I am just careful about what I get pissed off about and I am selective and thoughtout about my responces before I have them.

Ethics are a funny thing... they are a set of principles that govern a person or group behavior.... This would mean that there are multiple standards or ethics that people live by. So really ethics have nothing to do with it... it is solely about the action in question. The person did not go on a hunt that he was drawn for... Is this worth getting pissed off about? I would rather save being pissed off about things that matter in life. i.e. the friends of mine who have had to have a restraining order put out on a 36 yo guy who punched their 12 year old austic son.... and being mad about having to go to court so many times to keep the guy away from the playground... and waiting for the guy to go to court so hopefully he can spend some time behind bars.... These sorts of things are far more important and are worth getting pissed off about. however, some slight people think they might have gotten since a person who was drawn for a hunt and is not going on it, I question weather it is worth being pissed off about.

This is yet another aspect of what is wrong with this country... way to many cry babies and whiners with thin skin... Everyone feels slighted and everyone gets all pissed off over the slightest thing.... people really need to start re-examining what is worth getting PO about....

And as far as your shot about parents and my post about the UT game... I will fully stand my ground on my comments and if you do not agree that it is a Parent's responsibility to protect their children and it is not safe to let 4 to 8 year old kids run around with no suprevison in a mass of 95 thousand people, then I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Sako (09/04/13 05:54 PM)

#3347307 - 09/04/13 05:48 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
[quote=Sako]

I'm sure you don't care, but I think the lesson you taught your son on the fishing trip was a good one. Unfortunately, I think your attempt to do the same with this situation failed because in a clear case of right vs wrong, you sided with wrong.

Vermin93... Just because I chose a different side than you did on a subject does not make it inherently wrong. You may feel it is wrong but your feelings or even mine do not make something right or wrong..... Again it comes down to perspective. Are you going to let this piss you off or is it worth it.... If someone who reads this thread or even you asks themselves this question more often, then great.

#3347309 - 09/04/13 05:50 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

Headed out to the Tractor to turn the garden and plow a spot for a food plot... catch up with you all afterwards....

Remember people, the written word does not convey inflections of the spoken word.... Do not go getting your blood pressure up over my responses... None have been meant to be mean and I am not mad at all.... Just trying make people think.

#3347337 - 09/04/13 06:25 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: Sako
Is it wright versus wrong...? How do you define wright versus wrong? You stated that a person who applied for a draw hunt with no intention to go was not behaving ethically and that I could have aleast acknowledged that he was behaving unethically. Ethically is simply a matter of ones beliefs. Just because I would not do what he did, does not make what he did unethical.

Do you believe that a person who is a tree hugger that applies for a hunt and does not go is acting unethically?

No point in reading much farther than this. This discussion has been about inconsiderate hunters, not tree huggers. As it pertains to the hunting community and the definition of ethics, I believe that it's unethical for a hunter to apply for a limited draw hunt that they have no intention of ever doing. I think many would agree with me. You obviously don't.

There are many things wrong with this country and the world. You're quick to dismiss perhaps one of the biggest - rampant inconsiderate behavior. This thread is about hunters blatantly screwing other hunters, which is something that you would think people around here wouldn't step in to defend. You proved me wrong.

I hope you do a better job of teaching right from wrong than you've done of acknowledging it here, and I will leave it at that.

Maybe RUGER can open a psychology forum and you can give your anger management lessons there.

#3347347 - 09/04/13 06:39 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

WHOOHOOO!!! We now have a new topic to add to baiting, dogs, buck limits and antler restrictions!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Seriously though, the way I look at is like this. If you DO NOT get drawn, you never have the opportunity or the choice. If you GET DRAWN, then its completely up to the individual to make the choice to go or not.

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3347361 - 09/04/13 06:53 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: rukiddin?]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

If someone has no intentions of going should they put in for the draw? If someone has all the money in the world should they buy lottery tickets? They can if they want to but it dosent make much sense. Kinda selfish to knock little Johnny out of a hunt when you wasn't even going to begin with.

#3347375 - 09/04/13 07:12 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

yep, if you aint going....don't put in.

#3347379 - 09/04/13 07:14 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: timberjack86]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I said this in another post, and I stand by my statement...my mom makes a killer meat loaf. Seriously, I wish you all could try it.

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (CAW, DoeTag, Tadtad2!, tn/kyhunter, rbreedi1, Polar Kraft) and 97 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.