Tndeer Logo

Page all of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3346463 - 09/03/13 11:39 PM boils my blood
reloadxx
8 Point

Loc: Monroe TN

when people put in for draw hunts and get drew for the hunt and dont even own archery equipment they just put in for it to see if they can get drawn when they are hunters out there that would love to get the hunt. they should not even let people like that put in for draw hunts.

ok im done venting now

#3346478 - 09/04/13 12:33 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

Agreed. Also the ones that put in and know they aren't gonna show up. Things can happen to keep you from going but some know when they put in that they won't show.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3346487 - 09/04/13 01:04 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Bowdacious]
reloadxx
8 Point

Yea its different if something comes up and keeps you from going but I got a guy at work thinks its fun to put in and not go he said its like playing the lottery

#3346491 - 09/04/13 02:31 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: reloadxx
Yea its different if something comes up and keeps you from going but I got a guy at work thinks its fun to put in and not go he said its like playing the lottery

If what you say is true, then that guy is a pathetic loser in my book.

#3346494 - 09/04/13 03:12 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

I read a couple of threads every year of folks saying they really didn't want that hunt & wont go,I reckon they put in with others who want that hunt but will waste a draw just to say they got 1.It would be interesting to see how many show up & then set the #s the next year from that.Life does happen to all of us,Ruger lost his dad & had drawn presidents island,Im still sick for his loss & the missed hunt.

#3346516 - 09/04/13 05:00 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: mike243]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

mike,
I think about that alot.
Hey, it was only like 7 years I waited. \:D

99.9% of the people that I talked to about that told me to go.
I wasn't in the frame of mind to sit, alone, for 10+ hours a day.

I felt bad for whoever I knocked out of going that year, but I have never put in for it again.

#3346651 - 09/04/13 07:51 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: RUGER]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Sure he put in? Sounds like the kind of guy who is telling you that because of the way your jaw drops and face turns red. May just be yanking your chain.

#3346666 - 09/04/13 08:06 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Nimrod777]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

I wonder how many anti hunters put in hoping to draw a tag just to knock at true hunter out.

#3346668 - 09/04/13 08:06 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Nimrod777]
reloadxx
8 Point

He had the twra paper that they send you in the mail with Yuchi September 28 bow hunt printed on it

#3346673 - 09/04/13 08:09 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Nimrod777]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Oh please.... he has the right just as much as anyone to put in for a hunt... you are just being a sore loser. Who knows, he may have done someone a favor.

What about all of the areas at Fort Campbell that are full and you go by and there is only 1 truck or no trucks at all around the area.. Happens all the time..

You are just thinking of this in the negative light... think positive. One less person hunting there may mean a bi one gets away and will be there next year.. and you might get drawn next year... it all goes to perspective, you are just on the wrong side of it.

#3346677 - 09/04/13 08:10 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

that is pathetic. Why would you bother putting in a hunt that you don't want?
#3346680 - 09/04/13 08:11 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
beechnut
12 Point

Loc: DRUMMONDS TN 38023

I've seen it on here this year. Some hunters were drawn for Laurel Hill and now they say they probably wont go because its to far. It has not moved since you put in for the hunt. You never should have put in for it if it was too far of a drive.

Edited by beechnut (09/04/13 08:12 AM)

#3346685 - 09/04/13 08:14 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
beechnut
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Sako
Oh please.... he has the right just as much as anyone to put in for a hunt... you are just being a sore loser. Who knows, he may have done someone a favor.

What about all of the areas at Fort Campbell that are full and you go by and there is only 1 truck or no trucks at all around the area.. Happens all the time..

You are just thinking of this in the negative light... think positive. One less person hunting there may mean a bi one gets away and will be there next year.. and you might get drawn next year... it all goes to perspective, you are just on the wrong side of it.

Sack-o....how did you read all of that in his post?

#3346692 - 09/04/13 08:17 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: beechnut]
beechnut
12 Point

"Got drawn for the 1st hunt, prolly won't go , it is a long drive, never been there, and there is a 5pt per side antler restriction."

Here is a quote from the Serious Forum.

Why put in for it?

#3346712 - 09/04/13 08:34 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: beechnut]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

You'd better stay away from the duck blind drawings then.

#3346722 - 09/04/13 08:45 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

No, It's pretty clear that you're on the wrong side of it.

#3346738 - 09/04/13 09:08 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: beechnut]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: beechnut
"Got drawn for the 1st hunt, prolly won't go , it is a long drive, never been there, and there is a 5pt per side antler restriction."

Here is a quote from the Serious Forum.

Why put in for it?

where is there a 5 point per side rule?

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3346750 - 09/04/13 09:16 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

I tend to agree with this. Didn't use to, but after skipping some hunts I was drawn for, I see the light from the other side.

Also, TWRA considers there not to be a 100% attendance for the draw hunts and figures this into the number of people they draw for the hunts. If they had 100% participation, they would have to draw less hunters. The numbers even out in the end.

#3346757 - 09/04/13 09:23 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Buzzard Breath]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

we exiled one of our members from the quota drawings because he never showed up. it's just wrong to put in for a hunt you have no intention of attending.

#3346768 - 09/04/13 09:36 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: stik]
ImThere
10 Point

Loc: Lewisburg, Tn

content Online
I wish if they put in for it, get it and dont show they cant get drawn the next year and forefit all priority points

#3346776 - 09/04/13 09:44 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: ImThere]
beechnut
12 Point

Originally Posted By: ImThere
I wish if they put in for it, get it and dont show they cant get drawn the next year and forefit all priority points

^^^^^This

#3346778 - 09/04/13 09:45 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: ImThere]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

they already lost their priority points when they were drawn.
things can happen that will prevent you from attending. intentionally putting in for a hunt that you had no intention of attending in the first place is where my problem lies.

#3346784 - 09/04/13 09:49 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
Food Plot 101
10 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,TN USA

Originally Posted By: reloadxx

selective inbreeding I'm sure. \:\)

#3346810 - 09/04/13 10:20 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: stik]
ImThere
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: stik

things can happen that will prevent you from attending. intentionally putting in for a hunt that you had no intention of attending in the first place is where my problem lies.

No i mean they dont get points the year they "forefit" by not showing up.
I understand stuff happens. my wife had surgery 2 yrs ago and i missed a hunt and i felt bad plenty of people wanted to hunt in my spot
I would have gladly gave my spot back to twra but they dont have time to deal with late cancellations and we cant give them away either

#3346837 - 09/04/13 10:46 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: stik]
Vermin93
12 Point

intentionally putting in for a hunt that you had no intention of attending in the first place is where my problem lies.

Agreed.

Texas has a standby system for many of their public land draw hunts. You can show up in the morning and get on the standby list. If there are no-shows then you can hunt.

#3346841 - 09/04/13 10:50 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
ImThere
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93
intentionally putting in for a hunt that you had no intention of attending in the first place is where my problem lies.

Agreed.

Texas has a standby system for many of their public land draw hunts. You can show up in the morning and get on the standby list. If there are no-shows then you can hunt.

I like that

#3346971 - 09/04/13 12:37 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: ImThere]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

\

I still don't understand what you mean. if they "forfeit" and don't show up, they got a permit and don't have any points to lose.

#3346984 - 09/04/13 12:48 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: stik]
ImThere
10 Point

content Online

\

I still don't understand what you mean. if they "forfeit" and don't show up, they got a permit and don't have any points to lose.

If you dont show up for the original hunt you cannot get points the next year if you put in and dont get drawn?
If you put in for a hunt and dont get drawn you get points?
Im saying if you were successful the year before and didn't show up you dont start accumulating points again until your second unsuccessful attempt?

#3347041 - 09/04/13 01:41 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Oh boo hoo... please continue to live your live by getting pissed off at what other people do and do not do and continue to think everything revolves around you... Lets see who has a happier outlook on life.

get over it... Any person who has bought a hunting lisc and has paid to put in for a hunt can do so... period weither or not they go. They are not breaking any laws... Just another case of spoiled people saying it is not fair... blaw, blaw, blaw... Wake up. Life is not fair, get use to it

#3347043 - 09/04/13 01:42 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: beechnut]
Sako
10 Point

I guess i just am a better thiker than you \:\)

#3347078 - 09/04/13 02:07 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Oh boo hoo... please continue to live your live by getting pissed off at what other people do and do not do and continue to think everything revolves around you... Lets see who has a happier outlook on life.

get over it... Any person who has bought a hunting lisc and has paid to put in for a hunt can do so... period weither or not they go. They are not breaking any laws... Just another case of spoiled people saying it is not fair... blaw, blaw, blaw... Wake up. Life is not fair, get use to it

I wouldn't say it being a sore loser as much of you sounding like a craphead.....

If a person has no intention of going on a hunt they are putting in to be drawn for or not making a reasonable effort to go (I know life happens so lets be reasonable).... then that is just wasting a draw for someone else who would have made every effort to go if drawn.

I guess you can do as you like, but the world don't revolve around you either.....

May not be breaking laws, but it is pretty pathetic and low down.

#3347089 - 09/04/13 02:19 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

I bet if people had to pay for quota hunts (like I have to at Ft. Knox) they'd be more apt to show up. Then perhaps they could do like some major 3 gun matches and have a waiting list, and if you withdraw by a certain date, you get your money back.

Opinions? (didn't say I supported it)

#3347099 - 09/04/13 02:24 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

Congrats, you earned an endorsement from Selfish Outdoorsmen of America. They want you as their new poster boy.

It seems that you're struggling with the point the original poster made and that was reiterated multiple times by others in the thread.

You are right about one thing, though. People have the right to be selfish, inconsiderate fools in this country. Happens all over the country, every day. They are free to be selfish and inconsiderate by applying for public draw hunts that they have ZERO intent of showing up at and they are free to be fools for not doing it productively by at least getting a preference point for President's Island or some place they might actually intend to hunt one day.

It's odd that someone who is so concerned about how other people parent their kids would turn around and support people who knowingly use and abuse the public hunt draw system and the Ft Campbell hunting program. Seems inconsistent and borderline hypocritical, to me.

So now that we all know you're cool with people applying for draw hunts that they have no intention of going on, is there any other dirty laundry you'd like to air while you're on a roll?

#3347116 - 09/04/13 02:45 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

No, I am pretty good...

Answer me one question.... Why is anyone on this thread concerned if someone puts in for a hunt and does not show up? The only reason I can come up with is that they think it is not fair to someone.... Like I said.. Life is not fair. Once people learn this they will be better off. To say "it is not the right thing to do..." I would then ask why not... then they can answer it is not fair to someone... again, life is not fair

I also know the world does not revolve around me... That is one reason I do not care if others put in for a hunt and do not show up. This is also the reason I do not get bent out of shape about things not being fair...

As far as the kids are concerned - comment.. really can it be anymore obvious? how can you even compare the two. People putting their kids at risk is not the same as someone applying for a hunt and not showing up. THE KEY BEING, The kids do not know better and it is the responsibility of the parents to protect and teach the kids... Weather or not someone show up for a hunt is a totally different category

For the record, When I put in for a hunt, I plan on attending....

#3347120 - 09/04/13 02:50 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

I wouldn't say it being a sore loser as much of you sounding like a craphead.....

If a person has no intention of going on a hunt they are putting in to be drawn for or not making a reasonable effort to go (I know life happens so lets be reasonable).... then that is just wasting a draw for someone else who would have made every effort to go if drawn.

I guess you can do as you like, but the world don't revolve around you either.....

May not be breaking laws, but it is pretty pathetic and low down.

For the record, I am well aware of the fact that the world does not revolve around me... exactly why I do not care if someone puts in for a hunt and does not show up. I could not care less what someone does hunting as long as it is lega

Why is it pathetic and low down...? Maybe because it is not right? Why is it not right? Maybe you might answer Because it is not fair to someone? Bingo... Life is not fair...
l

#3347126 - 09/04/13 02:54 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
ImThere
10 Point

content Online

I guess i just am a better thiker than you \:\)

And a better speller!! \:D

#3347135 - 09/04/13 02:57 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Maybe but that is what happens sometimes when you make people think about their actions and why they are mad about something... I stand by my statements... The only reason someone would care about weather or not someone shows up at a draw hunt is because they believe something is not fair or someone is slighted... All I am saying is life is not fair... you will be better off once you realize this and move on.

#3347138 - 09/04/13 02:59 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Why is it pathetic and low down..... because the person is being a selfish "hunter". I guess it would be like a person hunting on public land, shooting a deer every weekend of season, and then leaving the deer to rot in the woods.....

If drawn, they are taking a permit with no intention of going where as someone else would have gotten to go hunt and maybe put some meat in the freezer.

Probably the same thing those dang tree-huggers will pull so they can save a few sandhill cranes.......

You are pretty hung up about life not being fair aren't you..... Well it isn't always, but there is no need in walking around saying that while punching someone in the stomach.

#3347140 - 09/04/13 03:01 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

Do the people who are irked or mad about people not showing up on draw hunts think the people at the TWRA are complete fools? Do you think the people at the TWRA who set the numbers for draw hunts are complete morons? Obviously some of you must so or are so self absorbed that you cannot consider the fact the maybe the TWRA know what they are doing and know that every year, there are a % of people who do not show up on hunts.... and take that into consideration....

Edited by Sako (09/04/13 03:05 PM)

#3347141 - 09/04/13 03:04 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Why is it pathetic and low down..... because the person is being a selfish "hunter". I guess it would be like a person hunting on public land, shooting a deer every weekend of season, and then leaving the deer to rot in the woods.....

If drawn, they are taking a permit with no intention of going where as someone else would have gotten to go hunt and maybe put some meat in the freezer.

Probably the same thing those dang tree-huggers will pull so they can save a few sandhill cranes.......

Thank you once again... leaving a deer in the woods to rot is illegal.. nothing about showing up on a hunt is illegal...

Tree huggers putting in for the Sandhill crane hunts would be a great thing... Less hunters, Less numbers killed the first three years, Then after three years when they look at the hunts again, the population of the Cranes are not being affected and the TWRA increases the permits and limits...

All about perspective

#3347143 - 09/04/13 03:07 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Another point... I Have no problem with a person hunting public land and killing a deer every weekend as long as it is legal and all rules are followed... If you have an issue with this, then who is being selfish?

#3347145 - 09/04/13 03:09 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

Another point... I Have no problem with a person hunting public land and killing a deer every weekend as long as it is legal and all rules are followed... If you have an issue with this, then who is being selfish?

If you have a problem with someone killing their limit of deer, do you also have a problem with someone catching their limit of crappie or white bass? if you do , then you are being hypocritical....

#3347201 - 09/04/13 04:05 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Dude you need to back away from the keyboard for a minute and breath.....

I am sure TWRA takes no-shows into account..... that is beside the point.

I don't care if leaving a deer to rot is illegal or not..... the principle in my point is just what I said. I don't care if a person does kill a deer every weekend of season or their limit of the day as long as it's not being wasted.... otherwise, they are wasting something someone else could have used. I NEVER said I had a problem with anyone killing their limit.... stop being a jackbutt putting words in my mouth.

Your thought on the crane thing is about what I expected too.... an din the big picture maybe it would come out for the good over-all.... but what about the hunters put out and can't hunt because some hippie fag wasted a permit?

#3347205 - 09/04/13 04:13 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

I do not need to back away from the keyboard as I am not riled up... actually find most of this very amusing... For the record, I never said you had an issue with someone killing their limit If you re-read my post and I quote "if you have an issue with this, then who is being Shelfish"

I was going to a specific topic and making specific statements to make people think about their thoughts... Read the next Post...

#3347212 - 09/04/13 04:17 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

If you have a problem with someone killing their limit of deer, do you also have a problem with someone catching their limit of crappie or white bass? if you do , then you are being hypocritical....

It could have been implied with that statement..... I gave you a reply.

I'm done with this BS..... 3x4=11 right?

Good Day Sir.....

#3347218 - 09/04/13 04:23 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
ImThere
10 Point

content Online
No, I am pretty good...

Answer me one question.... Why is anyone on this thread concerned if someone puts in for a hunt and does not show up? The only reason I can come up with is that they think it is not fair to someone.... Like I said.. Life is not fair. Once people learn this they will be better off. To say "it is not the right thing to do..." I would then ask why not... then they can answer it is not fair to someone... again, life is not fair

I think we are just saying its a d!ck move for someone to put in on a hunt to intentionally not go.

#3347223 - 09/04/13 04:26 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

I want to relate a story that happened to me three saturdays ago... There are some important things that can be taken from this story and I hope you see them..

Three weeks ago, My 11 year old son and I were fishing Melton Hill Lake... We were tearing up the White bass that morning.. We were both hooked up to a fish when three bass boats went past us. One of the boats peeled off and came to a stop about 100 yards from us. Next thing I know he is trolling about 25 yards past us. I literally was singing the song that was on his radio i could hear it so well. I could cast my ultalight jig into his boat... My son got kind of mad and stopped fishing and starting complaining that it was not right. I agreed with him but made a simple statement and asked him a few simple question....

The statement was "look, you are the one who controls how mad you get about what he is doing". So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to let him make you mad and ruin your fishing? are you going to let him mess up your time? Or are you going to choose wisely and Keep enjoying your day and keep catching fish?.. (remember that he stopped casting to complain and we were catching them almost every cast for a while) He started fishing again and catching fish. The guy moved on after a little while and we stayed in the same spot for another hour or so and probably caught 20 or so more fish and had a blast.

I could have gotten mad and smarted off at the guy and most would agree I might have been right to do so. Where would that have lead? we have no idea... he might of smarted off at me and tensions might have risen to the point something stupid happened and I could have set a bad example for my son.

My point being, you are in control. Are you going to let someone else's actions (that really do not hurt you at all) make you mad? (After all the title of the post is "boils my blood") People need to ask themselves, is the situation or perceived slight really worth it? Is it worth raising your blood pressure over, ruining your day, or making you react to someone in a not nice way to you being annoyed?

Well is it?

#3347226 - 09/04/13 04:30 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Good Day Sir.....

Good day to you... but it seems you are a little annoyed by my statements... Please remember to read the post I was referring to that I was going to make... it might make a few things clear. my posts today were headed towards a very specific thing I am trying to point out to Poeple... GO back and read the fishing post.... You are in fact in control of situations and you are the one who has to answer the question of "is it worth it"

#3347231 - 09/04/13 04:31 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Sako
10 Point

Good Day Sir.....

Relax dude.... Remember the first word in my quote is "IF"

#3347237 - 09/04/13 04:34 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
Fight! Fight! Fight! \:D

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3347248 - 09/04/13 04:40 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Poser]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
Fight! Fight! Fight! \:D

Good try but not really. I am not in the least bit mad...

#3347250 - 09/04/13 04:45 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

I do not need to back away from the keyboard as I am not riled up... actually find most of this very amusing... For the record, I never said you had an issue with someone killing their limit If you re-read my post and I quote "if you have an issue with this, then who is being Shelfish"

I was going to a specific topic and making specific statements to make people think about their thoughts... Read the next Post...

You asked questions that weren't applicable to anybody in this thread in an effort to prove a point that everyone already knows. Nobody has a problem killing legal limits of deer, crappie or white bass, so why are you asking if they do?

This is not about people getting drawn and not showing up for whatever reason. This is about people applying for a draw hunt when they have NO, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH plans whatsoever to go on the hunt if they draw it. It has nothing to do with being fair or unfair. It has everything to do with being a decent citizen and a considerate hunter or being a jackwagon. It's a simple question of ethics. You understand it's a question of ethics because you admitted that you wouldn't apply for a draw hunt unless you intended to do the hunt if you were drawn.

It seems your only point is that life is full of inconsiderate jackwagons that you have chosen to ignore (except for parents who don't supervise their kids according to your standards). If you prefer to sit back and watch life happen regardless of it's impact on you, that's your prerogative. You certainly aren't the only one. However, there are many people who don't simply subscribe to the "life isn't fair" mantra every time they run across something that just isn't right.

You could have handled this differently. You could have at least acknowledged that a person applying for a draw hunt with no intention of ever doing the hunt wasn't behaving ethically as a member of the hunting community, but you didn't. Instead, you defended that person, called tndeer members whiners and sore losers, and chalked it up simply as "life isn't fair".

I'm sure you don't care, but I think the lesson you taught your son on the fishing trip was a good one. Unfortunately, I think your attempt to do the same with this situation failed because in a clear case of right vs wrong, you sided with wrong.

#3347304 - 09/04/13 05:41 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Is it wright versus wrong...? How do you define wright versus wrong? You stated that a person who applied for a draw hunt with no intention to go was not behaving ethically and that I could have aleast acknowledged that he was behaving unethically. Ethically is simply a matter of ones beliefs. Just because I would not do what he did, does not make what he did unethical.

Do you believe that a person who is a tree hugger that applies for a hunt and does not go is acting unethically? My guess is they would not think so and would argue and even fight you to prove they are not.... after all in their mind they would be saving a tasty animal from death and the grill. Again it is all a matter of perspective. I purposely called out people as whiners and sore losers... Yes I said it... sometime people really need to think about why they are pissed and their blood is boiling. Being pissed and having their blood boiling over someone not going or not even intending to go on a hunt is petty and really should be thought out. I would hate to see what else gets them pissed off if they get pissed off so easily. DO NOT GET ME WRONG as I was once like this as well about 20 years ago.and but i have changed.

Now for some clarity... I do not chose to sit back and watch life happen regardless of its impact on me... quite the opposite... I am just careful about what I get pissed off about and I am selective and thoughtout about my responces before I have them.

Ethics are a funny thing... they are a set of principles that govern a person or group behavior.... This would mean that there are multiple standards or ethics that people live by. So really ethics have nothing to do with it... it is solely about the action in question. The person did not go on a hunt that he was drawn for... Is this worth getting pissed off about? I would rather save being pissed off about things that matter in life. i.e. the friends of mine who have had to have a restraining order put out on a 36 yo guy who punched their 12 year old austic son.... and being mad about having to go to court so many times to keep the guy away from the playground... and waiting for the guy to go to court so hopefully he can spend some time behind bars.... These sorts of things are far more important and are worth getting pissed off about. however, some slight people think they might have gotten since a person who was drawn for a hunt and is not going on it, I question weather it is worth being pissed off about.

This is yet another aspect of what is wrong with this country... way to many cry babies and whiners with thin skin... Everyone feels slighted and everyone gets all pissed off over the slightest thing.... people really need to start re-examining what is worth getting PO about....

And as far as your shot about parents and my post about the UT game... I will fully stand my ground on my comments and if you do not agree that it is a Parent's responsibility to protect their children and it is not safe to let 4 to 8 year old kids run around with no suprevison in a mass of 95 thousand people, then I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Sako (09/04/13 05:54 PM)

#3347307 - 09/04/13 05:48 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

[quote=Sako]

I'm sure you don't care, but I think the lesson you taught your son on the fishing trip was a good one. Unfortunately, I think your attempt to do the same with this situation failed because in a clear case of right vs wrong, you sided with wrong.

Vermin93... Just because I chose a different side than you did on a subject does not make it inherently wrong. You may feel it is wrong but your feelings or even mine do not make something right or wrong..... Again it comes down to perspective. Are you going to let this piss you off or is it worth it.... If someone who reads this thread or even you asks themselves this question more often, then great.

#3347309 - 09/04/13 05:50 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

Headed out to the Tractor to turn the garden and plow a spot for a food plot... catch up with you all afterwards....

Remember people, the written word does not convey inflections of the spoken word.... Do not go getting your blood pressure up over my responses... None have been meant to be mean and I am not mad at all.... Just trying make people think.

#3347337 - 09/04/13 06:25 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Vermin93
12 Point

Is it wright versus wrong...? How do you define wright versus wrong? You stated that a person who applied for a draw hunt with no intention to go was not behaving ethically and that I could have aleast acknowledged that he was behaving unethically. Ethically is simply a matter of ones beliefs. Just because I would not do what he did, does not make what he did unethical.

Do you believe that a person who is a tree hugger that applies for a hunt and does not go is acting unethically?

No point in reading much farther than this. This discussion has been about inconsiderate hunters, not tree huggers. As it pertains to the hunting community and the definition of ethics, I believe that it's unethical for a hunter to apply for a limited draw hunt that they have no intention of ever doing. I think many would agree with me. You obviously don't.

There are many things wrong with this country and the world. You're quick to dismiss perhaps one of the biggest - rampant inconsiderate behavior. This thread is about hunters blatantly screwing other hunters, which is something that you would think people around here wouldn't step in to defend. You proved me wrong.

I hope you do a better job of teaching right from wrong than you've done of acknowledging it here, and I will leave it at that.

Maybe RUGER can open a psychology forum and you can give your anger management lessons there.

#3347347 - 09/04/13 06:39 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

WHOOHOOO!!! We now have a new topic to add to baiting, dogs, buck limits and antler restrictions!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Seriously though, the way I look at is like this. If you DO NOT get drawn, you never have the opportunity or the choice. If you GET DRAWN, then its completely up to the individual to make the choice to go or not.

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3347361 - 09/04/13 06:53 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: rukiddin?]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

If someone has no intentions of going should they put in for the draw? If someone has all the money in the world should they buy lottery tickets? They can if they want to but it dosent make much sense. Kinda selfish to knock little Johnny out of a hunt when you wasn't even going to begin with.

#3347375 - 09/04/13 07:12 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: reloadxx]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

content Online
yep, if you aint going....don't put in.

#3347379 - 09/04/13 07:14 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: timberjack86]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I said this in another post, and I stand by my statement...my mom makes a killer meat loaf. Seriously, I wish you all could try it.

#3347384 - 09/04/13 07:17 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: BlountArrow]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
I said this in another post, and I stand by my statement...my mom makes a killer meat loaf. Seriously, I wish you all could try it.

too funny... My wife make a killer one too...

#3347385 - 09/04/13 07:17 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: rukiddin?]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
WHOOHOOO!!! We now have a new topic to add to baiting, dogs, buck limits and antler restrictions!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Seriously though, the way I look at is like this. If you DO NOT get drawn, you never have the opportunity or the choice. If you GET DRAWN, then its completely up to the individual to make the choice to go or not.

Good one... but be careful you better support the others or you will be an outcast... \:\)

#3347387 - 09/04/13 07:18 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: timberjack86]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
If someone has no intentions of going should they put in for the draw? If someone has all the money in the world should they buy lottery tickets? They can if they want to but it dosent make much sense. Kinda selfish to knock little Johnny out of a hunt when you wasn't even going to begin with.

You know you are right... Rich people should not buy lottery tickets... What if some poor person had to share the winnings.... we cannot have that \:\)

#3347411 - 09/04/13 07:30 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Do you believe that a person who is a tree hugger that applies for a hunt and does not go is acting unethically?

No point in reading much farther than this. This discussion has been about inconsiderate hunters, not tree huggers. As it pertains to the hunting community and the definition of ethics, I believe that it's unethical for a hunter to apply for a limited draw hunt that they have no intention of ever doing. I think many would agree with me. You obviously don't.

There are many things wrong with this country and the world. You're quick to dismiss perhaps one of the biggest - rampant inconsiderate behavior. This thread is about hunters blatantly screwing other hunters, which is something that you would think people around here wouldn't step in to defend. You proved me wrong.

I hope you do a better job of teaching right from wrong than you've done of acknowledging it here, and I will leave it at that.

Maybe RUGER can open a psychology forum and you can give your anger management lessons there.

Wait.. couple of more comments...

Yet again you still cannot admit that just because you believe something is wrong or unethical does not make it so.... maybe in your mind but not in reality.

if you believe that the TWRA released Mountain lions in TN that does not make it so...

Another story for you... Sitting in a restaurant in Casper Wy about to go antelope hunting and the guy behind me is blowing his nose... and I mean big time blowing his noes.... Turns out he was German and thought nothing of it and was very surprised I found it offensive.... Apparently it is not so in Germany... So I ask you , was he being inconsiderate? or was due to my belief, I felt he was being inconsiderate? So who was to really say he was being inconsiderate? He had no clue anyone would find it inconsiderate... so who is right in this situation?

You fail to realize that what one person finds inconsiderate, someone from another culture, from another part of the country or someone who was brought up differently may very well not find that inconsiderate. The world does not revolve around your sense of right and wrong and what is considered inconsiderate... nor does it revolve around mine or any one persons. Sorry to be blunt but it is true.

#3347415 - 09/04/13 07:34 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
J.C.W.
Team Solo / Chaneylake Student
14 Point

Loc: knoxville

I put in for chuckswan every year and go about every year...I didn't go last year because after I got drawn it was only then that I found out they changed it to where that wasnt a bonus tag like years past.....so I didnt want to take a chance at wasting one of my 3 allowed buck tags on a small buck from chuckswan. ....I got it again this year with a buddy of mine...and will probably go since I have a buddy to go with....but I think it sucks they took the bonus tag away
#3347421 - 09/04/13 07:38 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: J.C.W.]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: J.C.W.
I put in for chuckswan every year and go about every year...I didn't go last year because after I got drawn it was only then that I found out they changed it to where that wasnt a bonus tag like years past.....so I didnt want to take a chance at wasting one of my 3 allowed buck tags on a small buck from chuckswan. ....I got it again this year with a buddy of mine...and will probably go since I have a buddy to go with....but I think it sucks they took the bonus tag away

Holy molly... watch out man... You got drawn and purposely did not go.... Where in the world is the torture devices... ? They might draw and quarter you for that.... \:\) no seriously, I love this thread

#3347429 - 09/04/13 07:42 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
J.C.W.
14 Point

Hahahahaha. ..I can take it. But I was seriously pissed about finding out it was no longer a bonus tag last year....made me wander how many others didnt know before hand. Granted I've never taken my 3 buck limit yet..but ya never know when it could happen
#3347433 - 09/04/13 07:45 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: J.C.W.]
J.C.W.
14 Point

Btw..I also got drawn for an oak Ridge hunt one year....never got the opportunity to scout before the hunt due to work..so I didnt go on the hunt blindly. ..
#3347440 - 09/04/13 07:52 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
timberjack86
14 Point

You know you are right... Rich people should not buy lottery tickets... What if some poor person had to share the winnings.... we cannot have that \:\)
Wow you must be a genius. You was able to decode my post and put it together so it looks likes I think rich people should not play lottery and should share there winnings. Heck I don't know what your trying to do with my post but next time you read one of my posts Please read it SLOWLY.

#3347447 - 09/04/13 07:54 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: timberjack86]
timberjack86
14 Point

What I meant to say was it dosent make much sense to play lotto if your rich and it dosent make much sense to put in for a quota hunt you have no desire of winning. Can you hear me now?

#3347455 - 09/04/13 07:57 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: J.C.W.]
Sako
10 Point

Originally Posted By: J.C.W.
Btw..I also got drawn for an oak Ridge hunt one year....never got the opportunity to scout before the hunt due to work..so I didnt go on the hunt blindly. ..

Holy Moly x2... dude you are living on the edge... make a run for the hills before the come after you... if someone chucks a grenade at you i will jump on it for you.... I have already pissed off a bunch so I might as well go out with a bang \:\)

#3347457 - 09/04/13 07:58 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
BlountArrow
10 Point

I'd post the recipe, but it's a family secret. All I'll say is that mustard is a key ingredient.

#3347462 - 09/04/13 07:59 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: timberjack86]
Sako
10 Point

Wow you must be a genius. You was able to decode my post and put it together so it looks likes I think rich people should not play lottery and should share there winnings. Heck I don't know what your trying to do with my post but next time you read one of my posts Please read it SLOWLY.

Well i re-read your first post, (slowly this time) and everything is OK people... it is my understanding that Little Johnny has been a bad boy and does not deserve to go on a draw hunt so it should not matter anyway... \:\) from what I was told, he was being really inconsiderate.

Edited by Sako (09/04/13 08:01 PM)

#3347464 - 09/04/13 08:00 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: BlountArrow]
Sako
10 Point

I'd post the recipe, but it's a family secret. All I'll say is that mustard is a key ingredient.

oh man... mustard is good in a meatloaf.... add some ketchup and some hot sauce and we are cooking....

Edited by Sako (09/04/13 08:02 PM)

#3347477 - 09/04/13 08:09 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Amen on the mustard! A lot of people go for the tomatoey taste and they just don't have a clue about what a good meat loaf is all about.

#3347485 - 09/04/13 08:12 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: BlountArrow]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

Amen on the mustard! A lot of people go for the tomatoey taste and they just don't have a clue about what a good meat loaf is all about.

I won't jump on the hunt/don't hunt draw hunt fuss..but I really would like some of your Mom's meatloaf. You in SE TN just like me so whenever yall got leftovers just yell.

#3347488 - 09/04/13 08:14 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: BlountArrow]
Sako
10 Point

Do you put cut up onion in yours?

#3347503 - 09/04/13 08:22 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
timberjack86
14 Point

Well i re-read your first post, (slowly this time) and everything is OK people... it is my understanding that Little Johnny has been a bad boy and does not deserve to go on a draw hunt so it should not matter anyway... \:\) from what I was told, he was being really inconsiderate.
Boy I am just glad you can read! \:\)

#3347506 - 09/04/13 08:23 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: eightpointer]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Originally Posted By: eightpointer

I won't jump on the hunt/don't hunt draw hunt fuss..but I really would like some of your Mom's meatloaf. You in SE TN just like me so whenever yall got leftovers just yell.

Deal \:\) !

#3347509 - 09/04/13 08:25 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Do you put cut up onion in yours?

I hate onions with a burning passion! But there might be some minced onion in there. You trying to weasel the recipe out of me you little devil?

#3347530 - 09/04/13 08:37 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Vermin93
12 Point

This is not about people getting drawn and not showing up for whatever reason. This is about people applying for a draw hunt when they have NO, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH plans whatsoever to go on the hunt if they draw it.

Quoted myself because it appears there are some who can't read and comprehend these two sentences. Maybe I can help. Let's at least try one last time and hope for a miracle. Please read it slowly. Here goes...

This is not about people getting drawn and not showing up for whatever reason. This is about people applying for a draw hunt when they have NO, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH plans whatsoever to go on the hunt if they draw it.

Let's even add an example to help demonstrate the above statements.

Hunter 1: "Hey man, I'm putting in for the first Oak Ridge bow hunt."

Hunter 2: "Cool man, but you don't have a bow. Are you going to get one for the hunt?"

Hunter 1: "Not planning to get one."

Hunter 2: "Oh, are you going to borrow one from someone?"

Hunter 1: "Nope."

Hunter 2: "Well then how are you going to bow hunt?"

Hunter 1: "I'm not."

Hunter 2: "What do you mean you're not? You have to because it's a bow hunt. What are you going to use?"

Hunter 1: "Nothing."

Hunter 2: "How are you going to hunt Oak Ridge with nothing?"

Hunter 2: "Well then why the heck are you applying for a bow hunt?"

Hunter 1: "Because I can."

Hunter 2: "Why would anyone do that? That's pretty inconsiderate to people that apply and really want to do the bow hunt."

Hunter 1: "I don't care. I can apply and pay my $10 if I want to."

Hunter 2: "You don't think that's wrong and inconsiderate?"

Hunter 1: "No."

Hunter 2: "Why not?"

Hunter 1: "Because I decide what actions of mine are right and wrong."

Hunter 2: "But if you draw you will screw a hunter out of a bow hunt."

Hunter 1: "Don't care. I will get to tell everyone that I got drawn, so that's cool."

Hunter 2: "You're pretty sorry and inconsiderate."

Hunter 1: "Boo, hoo, hoo...life isn't fair."

Hunter 2: "Have you been talking to Sako?"

Hunter 1: "Yes."

Hunter 2: "Mystery solved."

Edited by Vermin93 (09/04/13 08:58 PM)

#3347572 - 09/04/13 09:06 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
BlountArrow
10 Point

This meat loaf thread just continued to de-rail.

#3347587 - 09/04/13 09:15 PM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
reloadxx
8 Point

wow im loving this
and by Sako words i got problems. selffish,sore loser and what ever else i was called and by the way i drew the yuchi hunt so im not a sore loser

Quoted myself because it appears there are some who can't read and comprehend these two sentences. Maybe I can help. Let's at least try one last time and hope for a miracle. Please read it slowly. Here goes...

you said it this is what im talking about and thats it not about things that come up and you cant go on a hunt

#3347844 - 09/05/13 07:57 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: BlountArrow]
Sako
10 Point

This meat loaf thread just continued to de-rail.

I guess we cannot have nothing nice.... \:\)

#3347848 - 09/05/13 08:01 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Vermin93]
Sako
10 Point

Let's even add an example to help demonstrate the above statements.

Hunter 1: "Hey man, I'm putting in for the first Oak Ridge bow hunt."

Hunter 2: "Cool man, but you don't have a bow. Are you going to get one for the hunt?"

Hunter 1: "Not planning to get one."

Hunter 2: "Oh, are you going to borrow one from someone?"

Hunter 1: "Nope."

Hunter 2: "Well then how are you going to bow hunt?"

Hunter 2: "What do you mean you're not? You have to because it's a bow hunt. What are you going to use?"

Hunter 1: "Nothing."

Hunter 2: "How are you going to hunt Oak Ridge with nothing?"

Hunter 2: "Well then why the heck are you applying for a bow hunt?"

Hunter 1: "Because I can."

Hunter 2: "Why would anyone do that? That's pretty inconsiderate to people that apply and really want to do the bow hunt."

Hunter 1: "I don't care. I can apply and pay my $10 if I want to."

Hunter 2: "You don't think that's wrong and inconsiderate?"

Hunter 1: "No."

Hunter 2: "Why not?"

Hunter 1: "Because I decide what actions of mine are right and wrong."

Hunter 2: "But if you draw you will screw a hunter out of a bow hunt."

Hunter 1: "Don't care. I will get to tell everyone that I got drawn, so that's cool."

Hunter 2: "You're pretty sorry and inconsiderate."

Hunter 1: "Boo, hoo, hoo...life isn't fair."

Hunter 2: "Have you been talking to Sako?"

Hunter 1: "Yes."

Hunter 2: "Mystery solved."

Ha good one... but I still stand by my statements....

ALSO... Either reply or not about this...

1. Do you beliueve the people at the TWRA are idiots?
2. Do you believe they do or not not know that on every draw hunt there are a % of people who never show up?
3. Do you think that the TWRA people are smart enough to know this and take this into consideration?

Depending o your answers... depends on weather or not you should let this guys actions boil your blood...

BTW... I did not see a responce about my experince with the German tourist...

#3347851 - 09/05/13 08:03 AM Re: boils my blood [Re: Sako]
Sako
10 Point

Reloadxx... answer said TWRA questions above.... then think it over... either you think the TWRA people are idiots or it does not matter what this guy did.... so which is it?

Page all of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
60 registered (bass56, 7mmMag, drrxnupe, Eric Kilby, levergunner, spur necklace 3, 6 invisible) and 106 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99158 Topics
1166096 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.