Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 10 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3347053 - 09/04/13 01:50 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Mudbone]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I don't really follow much except football. I attended a few Tennessee games when I was younger, then started going back in 2011. To me it's an awesome experience, we tailgate and take in the game. I try to make a day out of it. I wish I could have gone to games as a teenager, but ticket prices were outrageous, even for out of conference games and I know my parents used that money for things that were more important.

#3347119 - 09/04/13 02:47 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: MUP]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
Life is much more than worrying about what allegiance other folks have to whatever sports team is relevant at any given time. \:\)

Bingo!

#3347130 - 09/04/13 02:55 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter
Life is much more than worrying about what allegiance other folks have to whatever sports team is relevant at any given time. \:\)

Sorry MUP (or Captain Obvious ). When I read the above quote I thought you were saying we shouldn't worry about bandwagon fans. I didn't realize you were agreeing with my opinion of them.

Soooooooo wait a minute. MUP ISN'T Captain Obvious???

[img][/img]

#3347151 - 09/04/13 03:16 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: redblood]
Hillbilly Hunter
Killbilly
16 Point

Loc: Branchville

Originally Posted By: redblood
i have been to quite a few pro and college games. i prefer the nfl over college but like both. even though i get some great free tickets from clients on occassion, i prefer to watch on TV. Just enjoy the game sitting in front of big screen out in th esticks than being smothered by 80,000 folks i dont know

I agree to that!

#3347161 - 09/04/13 03:25 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: moondawg]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: T County, TN

Originally Posted By: moondawg

Bingo!

Hmmmm. This bingo is from a cough bandwagon cough bammer fan cough that grew up around the corner from me in TENNESSEE!

#3347165 - 09/04/13 03:25 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

i'm one of those no allegiance types. i don't care anything about watching games . i'd rather watch paint dry.

#3347183 - 09/04/13 03:44 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: BamaProud]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

I have had this discussion with folks before. I don't think attending(or paying tuition etc...) a college is a requirement for being a fan. If that were the case can only graduates(or those paying tuition for their kids) be fans? Everyone else just out of luck?

Its an entertaining game to watch, it is only natural to latch onto a team(for whatever reason) to root for. Most people are fans of XX-University because their parents/grandparents were.

I didn't mean to suggest that those who don't have a direct connection should be barred from fandom. I just don't understand how someone can latch on so hard to an entity they have no connection with.

#3347187 - 09/04/13 03:46 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: moondawg]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

How many people are Indianapolis Colts or Denver Broncos fans, yet have never been to either stadium? \:\)

Me \:\)

I was born in Denver, and I knew who the Broncos were before I could walk. Everyone on my mom's side of the family is a rabid Broncos fan. That's why I am.

This Peyton guy is just the latest great white hope. ;\)

#3347191 - 09/04/13 03:54 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: TAFKAP]
Spurhunter
8 Point

Loc: T County, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
I just don't understand how someone can latch on so hard to an entity they have no connection with.

Me either. Then, when bammer beats Tennessee the bandwagon fans say we beat y'all. Hmmm. You were born, raised, and lived your whole life in Tennessee, but all the sudden, because a football team wins a lot, you are part of alabama? I don't get it. Besides, unless you suited up and ran a few plays "you" didn't beat anybody.

#3347235 - 09/04/13 04:33 PM Re: question about "your team" [Re: Spurhunter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: Spurhunter

Bingo!

Hmmmm. This bingo is from a cough bandwagon cough bammer fan cough that grew up around the corner from me in TENNESSEE!
Dude! Remember the Florida fanclub we had back in the day? With the Gator jerseys and the Florida Oath of Loyalty? And the secret handshake with the Gator Chomp? Man, those were the days! I was totally jealous of your truck with the huge Gator logo on the back window...that was the bomb! \:D

I liked Bama in 2005, when watching a game with the inlaws. They weren't exactly winners then. If it makes me a bandwagon fan, eh...I've been called worse! \:\) I like like several teams. Bama just happens to be one of them.

I do get a laugh out of all Bama pics, though. \:D

Page 6 of 10 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered and 56 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.