Tndeer Logo

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#3340439 - 08/29/13 10:26 AM Re: Sister might be an atheist [Re: The_Utility_Dude]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: The_Utility_Dude
Even if something is a biological fact, my beliefs have no bearing on it's reality.

Thanks for the clarification The_Utility_Dude. I see where you were going with that now.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3340443 - 08/29/13 10:34 AM Re: Sister might be an atheist [Re: TNGunsmoke]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: TNGunsmoke
I believe that attendance in an organized service is a good thing for Christians, as a fellowship, and to build a support net to aid us in times of trouble and grief, and to give us friends to make our walk through life easier and more fulfilling.

Not only is it a a good thing, it comes recommended. ;\)

Hebrews

10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3340454 - 08/29/13 10:46 AM Re: Sister might be an atheist [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: buckaroo
Just curious, since the Bible day's, does anyone know of an act or miricle God has done? I'm trying to come up with one but can't recall.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think your postings of your religious journey is a fraud. You say you read the bible daily yet you can't find any proof of Gods existence. You continually bring up questions that the non-believing left ask all the time.
Honestly, if you haven't figured it out by now you may never. What miracle are you looking for? Water into wine? A blind man healed?
How about a mom with cancer in remission to live her life with her kids? How about a soldier walking again?

You're looking for some grand event, perhaps aired on prime time TV. Not going to happen like that.

This is a decent example of how religious people think. It's not okay to question. Why? Why do we have to FIND God and be done with the journey? Why can't we continue to seek God throughout our lives? if it takes a lifetime to find the answers that you seek, then why not take a lifetime journey and continue to grow in your faith? Why must people think that being a believer is the goal? It is not, imo.

If God does exist, then I believe that he wants us to ask questions, learn and grow. I don't believe that he wants us to sit around and repeatedly read words written thousands of years ago, but instead, make our own minds up about what God is really about. That is why he made us individuals.

The old time Christians want us to follow a set path, do as the church says and do not question. I tend to lean more toward the Gnostic Christians way of thinking. They believed that God was inside everyone and there was no need for organized religion except to govern. They held true to the thinking that it was a personal journey for each of us and priests and holy men were not necessary to find God. As you might imagine, this didn't go over well with the Christian church. The men in charge didn't like being told that they were not needed.

It is fact that Emperor Constantine, was a major influence on what books made the final cut to the Bible....Constantine was not a priest or holy man, but he was religious.... The original Christian churches were organized more for power than for religious reasons. Other religions were struck down , people killed and their documents destroyed all in the name of RELIGION. nice!

Think about how much power churches have today. Still today, the Catholic Church is one of the most powerful groups on the planet.

Even small town churches use their power to influence the world around them, not just religiously, but in some ways to control people and even city governments.

I contend that many churches goal is not to save souls but to control the people. Churches NEED people, imo, people don't necessarily need churches to get to God.

Again, for one person to tell another person that their religion is wrong is ludicrous, because we have no proof.

The post that I quoted is evidence that even one believer can turn upon another believer simply because he does not "LIKE" the way he is believing.....really?

This is exactly what I believe is wrong with organized religion.

Good luck to all in their journey.

What I've determined by this post is that buckaroo is much farther along and willing to learn than our resident liberal that continually cherry-picks things out of the Bible to complain about.

Buckaroo- my post wasn't a slap at you. It was just to point out that you ask the same questions as the anti-religious (see quoted post above) ALWAYS demand answers to.

Good for you for reading the Bible daily. You are doing better than me. There's no doubt that it is a hard read. I question things myself but ultimately my faith and my hope of knowing that I am not home yet, this place isn't where I belong (stolen line)is real.

The non-religious think answers to their prayers should mean they get what they ask for it, when they ask for it and on their terms. They think a miracle should be able to be ordered up at a fastfood drive-thru and be picked up at the 2nd window. In reality, EVERYTHING happens in Gods time and His terms. Liberals don't know how to deal with this because they are used to getting everything from the government (ala spoiled babies).

If you ever want to know why I KNOW God exists shoot me a PM.

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (redblood, JAY B, rukiddin?, woodyard, JACO0334, stik, 16 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91613 Topics
1070774 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.