Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3337683 - 08/27/13 10:09 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: morgancountry]
Monty
4 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

Just a couple of quick comments before leaving on a long list of "Honey Do's" (you married guys understand, right?).

Niceley has publicly said he thinks landowners should be in charge of wildlife - abolish the TWRA and USFWS. So his problems stem from or at least include that philosophy - the same one that put Europe's wildlife in control of the Kings and the founders of this new nation of ours adamantly reversed.

TWRA has not showed favoritism to politicians and their more affluent supporters. That darned Commission and Director continue to think that the best interests of wildlife and sportsmen/sportswomen should come before personal, often petty, special rules benefiting the few (who are either politicians or their affluent donors). Now, let me be clear, I am most certainly NOT painting all politicians with the same broad brush. The vast majority of the Legislators I've worked with are honest, hard-working, and dedicated; they truly are doing the best job they know how and can. It's just a few who keep stirring the pot with lies and misrepresentations because they can't get something they feel entitled to as big shots.

I've sent emails to my Senator and Representative, as well as several other Senators and Representatives about this matter. I sent the Tennessean's reporter an email asking him to correct his title line and clarify what agency did what.

It would not hurt to call or send emails to Director Carter and TWRA Commissioners supporting the Director and the Agency (I did that too last night).

The Tennessee Wildlife Federation will engage Legislators, Commissioners, and folks like you who really care and understand that, while not perfect, our wildlife agency is doing a darned good job for wildlife and us sportsmen/sportswomen. We worked hard behind the scenes and providing testimony at Commission hearings to get the crane season passed by sharing valid facts about cranes and the need for a multi-use approach to that resource.

#3337688 - 08/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Monty]
Grizzly Johnson
Turkey Forum Police
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Monty, thank you for bringing this up and for your time invested.... same for you Diehard Hunter.

#3337792 - 08/27/13 11:10 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
 Originally Posted By: Headhunter
I have been talking with Mr. Nicely through facebook. Here is reply to me saying that he has a personal vendetta against the TWRA.

Frank Niceley
I'm sorry but you don't know me. Personal interest? I have no personal interests remotely connected with wildlife or fishing.

He is a dishonest typical politician in my opinion.

I did, we will see what happens.

I'd copy what the OP posted and ask him what is up with the two-faced then..... tell him to get his facts straight before he goes around spouting off.... there is already enough dishonest media BS being forcefed to the public these days.

#3337808 - 08/27/13 11:21 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Headhunter]
Grizzly Johnson
Turkey Forum Police
16 Point

His reply should be interesting.... keep us posted.

#3337895 - 08/27/13 12:36 PM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Headhunter]
Monty
4 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
I have been talking with Mr. Nicely through facebook. Here is reply to me saying that he has a personal vendetta against the TWRA.

Frank Niceley
I'm sorry but you don't know me. Personal interest? I have no personal interests remotely connected with wildlife or fishing.

He is a dishonest typical politician in my opinion.

Very interesting response. I was personally present in the hearing when he said "I am the best friend sportsmen have in the Legislature." or words to that effect. Several gagging responses were heard from a few folks in attendance. He has been tied in to some commercial fishermens' attempts over several years now to loosen regs affecting their business. Course, I guess deer farming isn't a wildlife issue.

Look, I have no problem with folks having a very different opinion about an issue than I do, but I do have a serious problem with people in leadership and public trust positions who lie, mislead, misinform, and otherwise intentionally misrepresent the truth for whatever reason.

#3339235 - 08/28/13 11:07 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Monty]
Grizzly Johnson
Turkey Forum Police
16 Point

Any replies to your FB post Headhunter?

#3339246 - 08/28/13 11:15 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I have to wonder why some of you are so willing to fawn all over the TWRA?

#3339252 - 08/28/13 11:26 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: -DRM-]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Change is needed,IMO, just not that change.

#3339253 - 08/28/13 11:27 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: -DRM-]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
I have to wonder why some of you are so willing to fawn all over the TWRA?

I surly dont fawn over them, but I do think they do an absolutley excellent job of managing the states resourses. There is not one agency out there that can please all of the people all of the time. Finding that middle ground and establishing good precident has been their strong point in my opinion. I disagree with some of the things they have implemented over the years but agree with many things also. Any wildlife agency can change the thinking or opinion of themselves to some pretty opinionated private sector Wildlife Bioligists must be doing something right! Politicians like Nicely who spend time trying to do favors for a select few at the overall cost of everyone else by fabricating stories and flat out dealing in lies and mis information are the ones whom I tend to despise.

Edited by Unicam (08/28/13 11:38 AM)

John 15:13

#3339260 - 08/28/13 11:29 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: -DRM-]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Most of us are old enuf to remember when there was no deer or turkey due to the regs nicely would like to see again,you wont get many folks on this board voting for him or his views,I will cut you some slack because I don't know you or how old you are.everybody is entitled to their opinion but most here will kick him & his views to the curb.we don't fawn over nothing,we might shoot 1 once in awhile but don't make a habit out of it.Every body has to take sides on some issues & he is on the losing side IMO.No 1 agency will follow what ever hunter wants but TWRA has set the bar for doing whats rite for the wildlife & the hunters,I sure hope you have a great season & you can thank TWRA for most of the deer you see \:\)

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (beachguy, dewclaw, zippy, Puddle duck, B&C chaser, pledbetter, 5 invisible) and 77 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85051 Topics
1027662 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.209 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.