Topic Options
#3338889 - 08/28/13 06:34 AM Re: Syria? [Re: DirtyBear0311]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
 Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
 Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
Here's the deal guys. Were gonna hit them, without a doubt. We will launch tomahawk missiles and air strikes against all known airfields, anti-air batteries, and probably munition stockpiles. We wont hit Assad because that would force the Russian hand and nobody wants that. Short of attacking Assad directly, neither Russia nor China will do a thing because they dont give a crap about Syria but do care about international trade and possible world war. As far as the gas attack is concerned, I would put money on it that the rebels were behind it. I was on a ship off the coast of Libya when that whole thing was going down. And we had a mission to go and secure some stockpiles of gas that were about to fall into rebel hands. Well our mission got scrubbed because they didnt want boots on the ground and as predicted, the rebels got the stockpile. Now, a whole mess of weapons in Syria can be directly traced to Mali and Libya and many of the fighters in both of those conflicts are now in Syria on the rebel side. So a bunch of weaponized gas canisters were captured by the same guys who are now fighting in Syria yet none of that gas has turned up to date. That's a little too ironic in my eyes. Besides, Assad is winning as it is and wouldnt risk drawing the US or anyone else in by using gas. The only folks who had something to gain from its use would be the rebels.

In the end though, I wish we wouldnt waste money on killing these critters when thy will just kill themselves anyway. No matter how much we help them, they will always find a way to turn it against us and to hate us more.

Your information affirms what I've been told as well.
The "rebels" are at least as bad as the Assad regime.
There are NO good guys over there, just varying degrees of bad guys. (to put it in simple terms-too dang tired to elaborate & try to use fancy language)

We need to back out, keep our eyes open, and let them go at each other.
The only way we should get involved is if they bring the fight to us, or if anyone launches an attack on Israel.
They are our only real friend in the region, and we should stand shoulder to shoulder with them, no matter what the rest of them think.

I agree completely. Israel's worries should be our worries and beyond that, we just need to ensure our supply of energy is safe and leave everything else to the barbarians.

Good posts, all three.

#3338950 - 08/28/13 07:43 AM Re: Syria? [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Russia sends in 12 warships: http://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-sends-at-least-12-warships-to-syria/

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3338955 - 08/28/13 07:46 AM Re: Syria? [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Leak: Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if they back off Syria: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...rops-Syria.html

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3339074 - 08/28/13 09:18 AM Re: Syria? [Re: Steverino]
oldmanelrod
6 Point

Loc: TN/AL state line

Originally Posted By: Steverino

While we hit Syria, Iran keeps making their way toward nuclear proficiency - its all smoke and mirrors. We'd better watch our six because we are vulnerable to many different types of devastation. And I have no doubt they will at some point.

You are correct.

#3339126 - 08/28/13 10:01 AM Re: Syria? [Re: oldmanelrod]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Heard a poll this morning that 9% of Americans are in favor of bombing Syria.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (Nealmeally, Mr.Squirrel, Harvester, FrontierGander, Master Chief, Tony USMC, 2 invisible) and 62 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93135 Topics
1088548 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.112 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.