Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3337175 - 08/26/13 08:42 PM Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation
Monty
6 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

Someone sent me the following allegedly from Niceley's Facebook page: Today I am calling for Ed Carter to step down as Executive Director of TWRA. I can no longer justify to my constituents voting any continuance for an Agency that lacks even the basic elements of discernment or discretion towards the people they serve. Recent incidents involving the TWRA including questionable arrests, undue force, as well as ham handed treatment of law abiding citizens who pay their salaries, leads me to conclude there is a serious management problem within the Agency. We have restructured its board and refused to reconfirm its chairman, still the Agency's customer service continues to deteriorate.

Niceley apparently is referring to an two recent articles in the Tennessean covering the arrest of a Nashville Councilman for failure to appear on a boating safety citation. Due to poor reporting, TWRA was tagged as the arresting agency. Only problem is, per usual for the good Senator (and sloppy reporting), he's again accusing the Agency of doing something they had NO part in. It was Metro who performed the arrest - TWRA officers had no knowledge about or hand in the enforcement action. Kinda like Niceley's claim that TWRA introduced coyotes into Tennessee. Something happened so TWRA must be at fault.

#3337271 - 08/26/13 10:20 PM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Monty]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

That can't be true....they're too busy writing tickets and arresting brown people \:D

#3337440 - 08/27/13 06:46 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Monty]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

What is Niceley's problem with TWRA? Every time ya turn around he is trying to discredit or dissolve TWRA.

Maybe Niceley should be resigned by the voters of his district.

#3337442 - 08/27/13 06:51 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Hawk]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hawk
What is Niceley's problem with TWRA? Every time ya turn around he is trying to discredit or dissolve TWRA.

Maybe Niceley should be resigned by the voters of his district.

Because TWRA and hunters in Tn stand in his and his buddies way of opening up a deer farm in Tn.....

#3337444 - 08/27/13 06:58 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Ok Monty,
What do we, as outdoorsmen, need to do in order to show our support of Director Carter and who do we need to do this to?

We ain't had a drive in a while now, time for the members of tndeer to step up again.

#3337455 - 08/27/13 07:08 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: RUGER]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Originally Posted By: RUGER
Ok Monty,
What do we, as outdoorsmen, need to do in order to show our support of Director Carter and who do we need to do this to?

We ain't had a drive in a while now, time for the members of tndeer to step up again.
I plan to e-mail my State Senator. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to e-mail all State Senators and State Representatives in support of the leadership of the TWRA.

#3337620 - 08/27/13 09:25 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Beekeeper]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

I have been talking with Mr. Nicely through facebook. Here is reply to me saying that he has a personal vendetta against the TWRA.

Frank Niceley
I'm sorry but you don't know me. Personal interest? I have no personal interests remotely connected with wildlife or fishing.

He is a dishonest typical politician in my opinion.

#3337625 - 08/27/13 09:28 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Beekeeper]
morgancountry
4 Point

Loc: wartburg, tn

Just sent an email to Senator Yager and one to Rep John Mark Windle
#3337675 - 08/27/13 10:03 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: morgancountry]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Frank Niceley has held a grudge against TWRA for several years. I will not get into the details conveyed to me, but in essence, he thinks he is special and that the wildlife laws should not apply to him, his friends, or on his property. He is still stinging from the defeat of his deer farming bill, and will take every opportunity to attack the agency.

I will be sure to contact my senator, I had a long talk with her when deer farming came up, and she was less than pleased when she found out Niceley had hoodwinked her into supporting it at first.

Thanks for the heads up!

#3337682 - 08/27/13 10:08 AM Re: Niceley Calls for Director Carter's Resignation [Re: Headhunter]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
I have been talking with Mr. Nicely through facebook. Here is reply to me saying that he has a personal vendetta against the TWRA.

Frank Niceley
I'm sorry but you don't know me. Personal interest? I have no personal interests remotely connected with wildlife or fishing.

He is a dishonest typical politician in my opinion.

I'd copy what the OP posted and ask him what is up with the two-faced then..... tell him to get his facts straight before he goes around spouting off.... there is already enough dishonest media BS being forcefed to the public these days.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Webfeet15, Rick Dillard, TiminTN, 1 invisible) and 72 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.