Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3335917 - 08/25/13 10:33 PM Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone....
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

I remember years ago when I was young and learning the ropes of TN hunting. I hunted with the same buddies (5 0f us) all the time. We went on several draw hunts together each year and woke up with hang-overs. I'm talking about probably 12 years in a row....... \:\)

Now that we have got older and have busy schedules. We don't get to hunt much together anymore. I have spent many of morning hunting the mountains of E. TN by myself and sending a text to one of my buddies, where my location would be.

There's a trade off for everything.... In the early days we didn't really care what we killed. We would shoot the first thing that walked by and drink all night. It was all about spending time with friends ad having a good time. Since those days I let more deer walk and give more focus to detail.

My point is..... The early days I killed very few deer. Since I been hunting a lone, I have killed my biggest bucks.

Which one would I prefer..... Drinking beer around a camp fire and talking about all the deer we didn't kill..... \:\)

Yes... I did post this under the serious deer forum.... \:\)

Edited by gator-n-buck (08/25/13 10:36 PM)

#3335926 - 08/25/13 10:43 PM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: gator-n-buck]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

I prefer to hunt with others for the safety aspect plus it's nice when a friend has a successful hunt. Even if I come out of the woods empty handed seeing a friend tag one is nice.
#3335933 - 08/25/13 11:10 PM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: UTGrad]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

I used to hunt alone a lot more than I do now. usually the younger boy or BOWd or both accompanies me now. we have always gotten the gang(up to 7 of us) together for bow opener campout and muzzleloader camp.

i am most always alone while actually hunting while the others are in their spots.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3335934 - 08/25/13 11:11 PM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: UTGrad]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
I love both, would not want only one or the other. Solo hunting, I have it all my way, take it the most seriously, and enjoy being alone in the woods. Hunting with buddies, I like being in the woods with a friend, sharing the experience and making memories that aren't just in my own head. Plus two or more minds can make for a completely different method of hunting.

When hunting alone, I usually am in communication with at least one other hunter via text message, whether they are at home, hunting the same property or another property. Oh, and I don't hunt without checking Tndeer. In fact, I don't live a day without checking Tndeer......... many times

...since last deer season

#3335935 - 08/25/13 11:12 PM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: UTGrad]
broncohunter
4 Point

Loc: manchester tn

I would much rather hunt with my buddies. I was just as happy when my brother killed his first. It was better than when I killed my first. The friendship part is the best part

#3335974 - 08/26/13 05:05 AM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: gator-n-buck]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

My cousin and I go to our property in separate vehicles, meet up, talk just a bit , then go to our respective properties and hunt alone. We stay in contact throughout the hunt, cell service permitting, but we hunt alone always.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3335975 - 08/26/13 05:05 AM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: broncohunter]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

I hunt totally alone. Haven't hunted with anyone in several years.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3335998 - 08/26/13 05:50 AM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: bowriter]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

Alone

#3336022 - 08/26/13 06:32 AM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: HOOK]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

In the past I've always hunted with friends and I do miss meeting at the cabin and talking about what we saw over dinner. Or helping each other put stands up, I always liked having others input and eyes.

However since moving to TN I've been on my own and I'm liking that some.

I think idealy I'd have 1 or 2 other good friends that hunt that we could work a lease or property together would be my ideal.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3336031 - 08/26/13 06:42 AM Re: Do you perfer to hunt with buddies or alone.... [Re: HOOK]
bigtex
8 Point

Loc: Brush Creek

Most often I hunt alone except for the few times when my wife, daughter or Grandson want to tag along. 99% of my hunting is stepping out the back door now. I'm also retired so i'm lucky in that I can hunt just about anytime I want.
When I first started hunting [many, many, years ago] about the only places that even had a huntable deer population were WMA's, so I hunted with friends. It was a lot of fun planning and going on those hunts but as the years went by some of my friends either lost interest or their interests changed. I still relish those memories, but now a days it's just easier to hunt by myself. I've also found that I hunt harder and have had better success when hunting by myself.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (David Sapp, Great White Stalker, Zulu, OldFart, JDP, catman529, 1 invisible) and 62 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93343 Topics
1089907 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.089 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.