Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3334856 - 08/25/13 07:32 AM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: fredfred]
Coldone
4 Point

Loc: Blount County

I'm going to give Foothills WMA a shot this year, maybe I'll see something.
#3335331 - 08/25/13 04:19 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Coldone]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

I thought about trying foothills this year. Never been on a bear hunt though maybe I should get with someone with experience

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3336629 - 08/26/13 01:48 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: CountryBoy053]
Coldone
4 Point

Loc: Blount County

Originally Posted By: CountryBoy053
I thought about trying foothills this year. Never been on a bear hunt though maybe I should get with someone with experience

I don't really have much experience, I scout it just before season and then pick a spot that looks good to still hunt.
Been on it once about 3 weeks ago and found some bear tracks, haven't seen any in a couple years, so figured I check again in a few weeks.

#3337062 - 08/26/13 07:30 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Coldone]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: Coldone

I don't really have much experience, I scout it just before season and then pick a spot that looks good to still hunt.
Been on it once about 3 weeks ago and found some bear tracks, haven't seen any in a couple years, so figured I check again in a few weeks.
I looked up the harvest history for the foothills. I cant believe there has not been any bears checked in from there.

#3337065 - 08/26/13 07:31 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: timberjack86]
Happy Birthday Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: timberjack86

I looked up the harvest history for the foothills. I cant believe there has not been any bears checked in from there.

Chances are they would have been checked in as part of the county harvest since there is not an on site checking station and most clerks don't care about the specifics when they are answering the questions.

#3337118 - 08/26/13 08:11 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Diehard Hunter]
timberjack86
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter

Chances are they would have been checked in as part of the county harvest since there is not an on site checking station and most clerks don't care about the specifics when they are answering the questions.
I gotcha. Been a few people tell me there are a lot of bears up there.

#3337127 - 08/26/13 08:16 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: timberjack86]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

I actually called TWRA about this several years ago. The Foothills does not have their own designation in TWRA's system. Therefore, they are all checked in under Blount or Monroe County. The same system will tell you that there has also never been a deer killed in the Foothills either, and I know for a fact that's false.

Edited by Buzzard Breath (08/26/13 08:17 PM)

#3337179 - 08/26/13 08:45 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Here's a few pics from there that I have downloaded in photobucket.

Cub. I was picking and eating blackberries on the opposite side of the blackberry thicket from it's momma. Sorry I didn't take the time to get a pick of her. She did stand up on her hind legs and give me a good stare down. Would have made a good picture.

Bear noggin. It was also eating blackberries.

Marking tree. The bears had every pine tree within 50 yards marked. And, there were a lot of them. They'd been marking the same trees for many years as you can see with all the bark chewed off on the bite marks.

Front. These are bite marks around 6' off the ground.

Back side. Claw marks about 7' up

End of December.

#3337273 - 08/26/13 10:22 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Lost Lake
6 Point

Loc: Middle Tn

Very nice pictures and thanks for posting them. Black bears fascinate me.
#3338119 - 08/27/13 03:39 PM Re: Anyone going bear hunting in TN this fall? [Re: Lost Lake]
timberjack86
14 Point

Great pics!!!

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Prowler, smyrnagc, bassybuck47, JAY B, slagtown_dfa, Fearless, 2 invisible) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93343 Topics
1089910 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.103 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.