Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3338140 - 08/27/13 03:49 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: -DRM-]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

cardio is the true measure of fitness. i am reminded each yr when the teachers from our area play the cops and firemen in a charity fundraiser. all the teachers are cardio nuts- runners, 5k 10k 1/2 maqrathoners, bikers, 2 cross fit addicts. the cops and firemen are typically weightlifters (no neck barrel chests). teachers win each yr by about 30 points and arent even tired of the game. cops and firemen (especially) look like they need emergency services lol

#3338141 - 08/27/13 03:49 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: redblood]
redblood
16 Point

i do agree that even ridiculous amounts of cardio cant offset a bad diet

#3338164 - 08/27/13 04:12 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: redblood]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: redblood
cardio is the true measure of fitness. i am reminded each yr when the teachers from our area play the cops and firemen in a charity fundraiser. all the teachers are cardio nuts- runners, 5k 10k 1/2 maqrathoners, bikers, 2 cross fit addicts. the cops and firemen are typically weightlifters (no neck barrel chests). teachers win each yr by about 30 points and arent even tired of the game. cops and firemen (especially) look like they need emergency services lol

A good friend of mine went to a high school that had a extremely competitive swim team. I believe that one year, both the swim team and the football team were state champions. Apparently, the had an unofficial flag football game, swim team vs the football team, the swim team won by a landslide.

Cardio may not be the most direct way to getting "ripped", but not everyone cares about getting ripped. I do cardio for the endurance factor because I don't wish to be inhibited of any enjoyment of life (whether that means stomping around a massive slough all day rabbit hunting, going deep in the woods for a deer hunt, hiking in the mountains, riding bike trails.... having a 3some \:D ... or what have you ) because of a lack of endurance. Endurance is critical.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3338647 - 08/27/13 09:24 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: Poser]
redblood
16 Point

i agree. i like to know if i break down in my car i can run home. i like to know if i want to squirrel hunt from my house to my family farm how , i can cover the 3 or so miles on foot. i like to be able to drag deer out without a fourwheeler. it doesnt matter big your "guns" are, they are useless if your heart and lungs cant supply the oxygen

#3338778 - 08/27/13 11:39 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: Poser]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Poser

Cardio may not be the most direct way to getting "ripped", but not everyone cares about getting ripped. I do cardio for the endurance factor because I don't wish to be inhibited of any enjoyment of life (whether that means stomping around a massive slough all day rabbit hunting, going deep in the woods for a deer hunt, hiking in the mountains, riding bike trails.... having a 3some \:D ... or what have you ) because of a lack of endurance. Endurance is critical.

This fall, I won't be winded following you through the Wolf River WMA \:D

#3338920 - 08/28/13 07:17 AM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: Poser]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Cardio may not be the most direct way to getting "ripped", but not everyone cares about getting ripped.

Let me put it another way. The point I was getting across is you can't out-run a bad diet, and you can't run your beer gut off if you aren't addressing the fuel you feed your body.

I've been there, I've spent 90 minutes on the elliptical 4-6 days per week and would up frustrated that the spare tire and love handles simply were not going away. It wasn't until I fixed my food that they went away.

I just hate seeing other people work really hard and put in a lot of miles only to be disappointed when they don't get the results they were looking for. It sucks. And as much as I like the endurance, I also don't like looking like I am 6 months pregnant, lol.

#3339090 - 08/28/13 09:32 AM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: -DRM-]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: -DRM-

Cardio may not be the most direct way to getting "ripped", but not everyone cares about getting ripped.

Let me put it another way. The point I was getting across is you can't out-run a bad diet, and you can't run your beer gut off if you aren't addressing the fuel you feed your body.

I've been there, I've spent 90 minutes on the elliptical 4-6 days per week and would up frustrated that the spare tire and love handles simply were not going away. It wasn't until I fixed my food that they went away.

I just hate seeing other people work really hard and put in a lot of miles only to be disappointed when they don't get the results they were looking for. It sucks. And as much as I like the endurance, I also don't like looking like I am 6 months pregnant, lol.

ahh come on, pregnant folk have that beautiful glow lol.

#3343899 - 09/01/13 06:05 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: redblood]
BIGB
6 Point

Loc: TN.

google epoc
#3343911 - 09/01/13 06:11 PM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: redblood]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Are you flirting with me?

#3345536 - 09/03/13 10:04 AM Re: Cardio won't get your ripped... [Re: -DRM-]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: -DRM-

Are you flirting with me?

\:D

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (BILLBENDER, muzzy76, TITANSFAN2104, Sgoodman) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.