Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3331330 - 08/22/13 06:38 AM Which Protein Supplement?
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Holy guacamole!! I never realized there were so many different types of whey proteins and combination whey proteins.
Ive used a lot of standard whey over the years but ordered this one yesterday:

ADVANCED TIME RELEASE PROTEIN
Fast, Medium, and Slow-Releasing Proteins
Added Digestive Blend for Ease of Absorption
5 Powerful Proteins Plus Added BCAA’s
Extra Glutamine
Added Dietary Fiber
A precision engineered matrix, _____ _____® is the ultimate timed-release protein super-food! Each of the distinct protein sources found within ----- ------® digest at varying rates – because of this unique feature, amino acids not only flood into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will also continuously be “trickle fed” to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward! WHAT’S IN ------ ------’S Powerful Protein Sources:
WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE – Highest available yield of protein, gram for gram, of any whey protein source, WPI absorbs quickly into the muscle tissues, and has immune-boosting properties to protect the body system during periods of intense training.
PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN – Hydrolyzed whey is protein that’s been broken down into fast- absorbing peptides. The fastest absorbing of all forms of whey, hydrolyzed whey hits the bloodstream first, providing a rapid infusion of muscle-building amino acids.
MICELLAR CASEIN – very slow-digesting, micellar casein has the capability of slowly infusing amino acids over several hours, protecting muscle tissue from breakdown over time. There is no substitute for the anti-catabolic effects of micellar casein.
WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE – closer to the whole food sources than other whey proteins, concentrate contains real food subfractions such as alpha-lactoglobulins and lactoferrins, with specific immune-boosting and muscle-building properties.
EGG ALBUMEN – highly bio-available and well-tolerated by most individuals, eggalbumen has a high BCAA content and arginine. Egg albumen is a powerful contributor to hormone production and the muscle-building process.
DIGESTIVE ENZYME BLEND:
Digestive enzymes break down food along the digestive tract so that nutrients can be absorbed into the bloodstream. ------ contains 60mg of a Digestive Enzyme Blend to aid in the digestion and absorption of the key muscle-building proteins contained herein. The body cannot absorb what it cannot break down. The added Digestive Enzyme Blend ensures maximum utilization of ------’s muscle-building protein component.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Went this route for the MICELLAR CASEIN blended in...

What types of Whey etc do you guys take/recommend (for an old 50 yr old worn out fellar)

Edited by Kimber45 (08/22/13 06:40 AM)

#3331463 - 08/22/13 08:09 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: Kimber45]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I just bought the stuff at walmart.
Got tired of reading and got confused. \:D

#3331470 - 08/22/13 08:13 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: RUGER]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

LOL.. I've done the same in the past but their blend ratios are crazy off. One tub will mix well - next wont. I'd guess their quality control is non existent based on the dozen tubs I've bought there.

Started ordering mine from some online discount shops in 5lb tubs to decrease trips to wally world \:\)

#3331556 - 08/22/13 09:19 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: Kimber45]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

I use Isopure Zero

#3331561 - 08/22/13 09:21 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: Kimber45]
JC5810
4 Point

Loc: Tri-Cities

If you're going to use a dairy based protein, I strongly recommend Optimum Nutrition. From all my research they seem to have the least amount of "crap" in them. They mix well and taste great. Chocolate is my favorite.

Because i'm 99% non dairy, I use plant based proteins which can take a while to get used to. I use Garden of Life products. Again stick with the chocolate and mix into a fruit smoothie.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/

http://www.gardenoflife.com/

USAF Vet.

#3331631 - 08/22/13 10:10 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: JC5810]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I do normally get chocolate - mix with water only.. Yep its not tasty but who cares. I can make it through 8-10ozs of muck twice a day \:\)

The one above is a Choc/Peanut Butter.. Has good ratings... we shall see.

#3331641 - 08/22/13 10:15 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: RUGER]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: RUGER
I just bought the stuff at walmart.
Got tired of reading and got confused. \:D

I eat meat. I've got enough problems than worrying about how to spend money on something else.....

Besides, meat tastes better and is much more fun to cook. And it's never confused for Metamucil \:D

#3331643 - 08/22/13 10:16 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: Kimber45]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Loc: Tenn

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-...natural+protein

I like the ON Natural when I can buy it.... Its lower on sugars and definitely tastes better to me. I usually prefer the vanilla though.

#3331657 - 08/22/13 10:20 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: Tenn.Guy]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

So why are you wanting to take a protein supplement rather than just eating more protein?

#3331710 - 08/22/13 10:45 AM Re: Which Protein Supplement? [Re: -DRM-]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

1) To get the proper recovery following a heavy resistance workout your body needs the protein within an hour of stopping - kind of tough to get done, home, cleaned up then eat within an hour so I'd rather do the protein
2) I'm not a breakfast person - yet need the protein so, protein in the morning starts my day.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
65 registered (RxHunter, Atchman2, Master Chief, hunter82, catman529, scn, 5 invisible) and 101 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92898 Topics
1085450 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.094 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.