Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3329793 - 08/20/13 08:51 PM Running shoes...???
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Well, one of the reasons I'm not walking fast or running is my dang feet hurt!!
Been wearing Nike Shox...broke down this evening and bought Brooks Glycerine 10's!! Those dang things feel GREAT on my feet!!! Hopefully they'll get my dang feet moving faster \:\)

What running shoes are the runners wearing?

#3329798 - 08/20/13 08:54 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I've been using NBs recently. Keep in kind your shoes are likely only good for ~300 miles or less, so replace them regularly.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3329809 - 08/20/13 08:59 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Poser]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I better go to a cheaper shoe then \:D

These dang Brooks are pricey..

#3329831 - 08/20/13 09:14 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

nike sucks. new balance is decent. brooks, saucony and mizuno are my faves. really depends if u are an over or under pronator

#3329839 - 08/20/13 09:17 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Been wearing Nike Shox...broke down this evening and bought Brooks Glycerine 10's!! Those dang things feel GREAT on my feet!!! Hopefully they'll get my dang feet moving faster \:\)

The ones that fit.

Buying running shoes is like buying a gun. There are different types for different strides, and each brand offers a little something different. It is highly recommended that you get properly fitted at a running store to get the best shoe for your stride. The three things you must ALWAYS accept when it's time to buy running shoes are that they're going to cost at least $100, they're going to be hideously ugly, and they won't last more than 6 months.

GET PROPERLY FITTED! Big-box retail stores don't have the running knowledge, and are likely selling you shoes you may or may not need because of a commission structure. I will be happy to help direct anyone to find the best shoe they can get their feet into......I've got a good bit of experience with it.

#3329841 - 08/20/13 09:19 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: redblood]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: redblood
nike sucks. new balance is decent. brooks, saucony and mizuno are my faves. really depends if u are an over or under pronator

Correct. Nike makes fashion shoes that look like running shoes. They're crap shoes that don't last, and even if you find good ones, they'll change the style and discontinue them. The longest lasting companies for runners have been New Balance, Brooks, Asics, Mizuno, and Saucony.

#3329847 - 08/20/13 09:22 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45

The ones that fit.

Buying running shoes is like buying a gun. There are different types for different strides, and each brand offers a little something different. It is highly recommended that you get properly fitted at a running store to get the best shoe for your stride. The three things you must ALWAYS accept when it's time to buy running shoes are that they're going to cost at least $100, they're going to be hideously ugly, and they won't last more than 6 months.

GET PROPERLY FITTED! Big-box retail stores don't have the running knowledge, and are likely selling you shoes you may or may not need because of a commission structure. I will be happy to help direct anyone to find the best shoe they can get their feet into......I've got a good bit of experience with it.

Friend of mine who is an aerobics teacher, female triathlon runner, etc...said the same. I actually got a deal on a great shoe so I figured it was a step up from the crap I normal put on my feet without going to the stores that actually video tape your run and check your feet etc.. If I can tell a diff in these from the old crap I've always bought I may very well get to fleet feet etc and truly get fitted..

#3329856 - 08/20/13 09:27 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Of ALL places to buy running shoes...Gander Mountain in Jackson has these Brooks Glycerine 10's on closeout for 69 bucks... Next best price I could find was a 100 bucks for a 159 dollar retail shoe

#3329931 - 08/20/13 10:31 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Poser]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

Originally Posted By: Poser
I've been using NBs recently. Keep in kind your shoes are likely only good for ~300 miles or less, so replace them regularly.

my son wears out a pair about every 10 weeks, you are correct

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3329959 - 08/20/13 11:00 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Chaneylake]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

I deal in shoes a lot where I work at. and honestly the best running shoes imo are the brooks or the asics. the nikes free or flex are pretty good but don't hold up very long sense they are not made of much. nb makes a good shoe but brooks and asic are way more comfortable. my vote goes for asics but that's just me.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered and 45 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.