Tndeer Logo

Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3329793 - 08/20/13 08:51 PM Running shoes...???
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Well, one of the reasons I'm not walking fast or running is my dang feet hurt!!
Been wearing Nike Shox...broke down this evening and bought Brooks Glycerine 10's!! Those dang things feel GREAT on my feet!!! Hopefully they'll get my dang feet moving faster \:\)

What running shoes are the runners wearing?

#3329798 - 08/20/13 08:54 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I've been using NBs recently. Keep in kind your shoes are likely only good for ~300 miles or less, so replace them regularly.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3329809 - 08/20/13 08:59 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Poser]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I better go to a cheaper shoe then \:D

These dang Brooks are pricey..

#3329831 - 08/20/13 09:14 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

nike sucks. new balance is decent. brooks, saucony and mizuno are my faves. really depends if u are an over or under pronator

#3329839 - 08/20/13 09:17 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Been wearing Nike Shox...broke down this evening and bought Brooks Glycerine 10's!! Those dang things feel GREAT on my feet!!! Hopefully they'll get my dang feet moving faster \:\)

The ones that fit.

Buying running shoes is like buying a gun. There are different types for different strides, and each brand offers a little something different. It is highly recommended that you get properly fitted at a running store to get the best shoe for your stride. The three things you must ALWAYS accept when it's time to buy running shoes are that they're going to cost at least $100, they're going to be hideously ugly, and they won't last more than 6 months.

GET PROPERLY FITTED! Big-box retail stores don't have the running knowledge, and are likely selling you shoes you may or may not need because of a commission structure. I will be happy to help direct anyone to find the best shoe they can get their feet into......I've got a good bit of experience with it.

#3329841 - 08/20/13 09:19 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: redblood]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
nike sucks. new balance is decent. brooks, saucony and mizuno are my faves. really depends if u are an over or under pronator

Correct. Nike makes fashion shoes that look like running shoes. They're crap shoes that don't last, and even if you find good ones, they'll change the style and discontinue them. The longest lasting companies for runners have been New Balance, Brooks, Asics, Mizuno, and Saucony.

#3329847 - 08/20/13 09:22 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

The ones that fit.

Buying running shoes is like buying a gun. There are different types for different strides, and each brand offers a little something different. It is highly recommended that you get properly fitted at a running store to get the best shoe for your stride. The three things you must ALWAYS accept when it's time to buy running shoes are that they're going to cost at least $100, they're going to be hideously ugly, and they won't last more than 6 months.

GET PROPERLY FITTED! Big-box retail stores don't have the running knowledge, and are likely selling you shoes you may or may not need because of a commission structure. I will be happy to help direct anyone to find the best shoe they can get their feet into......I've got a good bit of experience with it.

Friend of mine who is an aerobics teacher, female triathlon runner, etc...said the same. I actually got a deal on a great shoe so I figured it was a step up from the crap I normal put on my feet without going to the stores that actually video tape your run and check your feet etc.. If I can tell a diff in these from the old crap I've always bought I may very well get to fleet feet etc and truly get fitted..

#3329856 - 08/20/13 09:27 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Of ALL places to buy running shoes...Gander Mountain in Jackson has these Brooks Glycerine 10's on closeout for 69 bucks... Next best price I could find was a 100 bucks for a 159 dollar retail shoe

#3329931 - 08/20/13 10:31 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Poser]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

Originally Posted By: Poser
I've been using NBs recently. Keep in kind your shoes are likely only good for ~300 miles or less, so replace them regularly.

my son wears out a pair about every 10 weeks, you are correct

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3329959 - 08/20/13 11:00 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Chaneylake]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

I deal in shoes a lot where I work at. and honestly the best running shoes imo are the brooks or the asics. the nikes free or flex are pretty good but don't hold up very long sense they are not made of much. nb makes a good shoe but brooks and asic are way more comfortable. my vote goes for asics but that's just me.

#3329983 - 08/20/13 11:53 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

The ones that fit.

Friend of mine who is an aerobics teacher, female triathlon runner, etc...said the same. I actually got a deal on a great shoe so I figured it was a step up from the crap I normal put on my feet without going to the stores that actually video tape your run and check your feet etc.. If I can tell a diff in these from the old crap I've always bought I may very well get to fleet feet etc and truly get fitted..

Do you ever come to Memphis?

#3329990 - 08/21/13 12:09 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Of ALL places to buy running shoes...Gander Mountain in Jackson has these Brooks Glycerine 10's on closeout for 69 bucks... Next best price I could find was a 100 bucks for a 159 dollar retail shoe

Good deal if they fit your style.....but I pity you if you're an over-pronator or flat footed.

There are (3) general types of running shoes, and they're generally not interchangeable. They address the types of pronation in your stride, which describes the degree to which you transfer weight from your heel to the ball of your foot. The condition of your shoe's bottom sole, as well as the cushion material underneath the footbed can be a good indicator as to the type of shoe you require.

Suppenation (under-pronation) generally means you strike on the outside of your heel, and roll through the outside of your foot towards your pinkie toe. Typically, this stride is common in high arched people, and doesn't cause long-term joint problems.

Neutral strides will strike somewhere in the middle to outside of the heel, and roll through the center of their foot.

Pronating (or over-pronation) is one of the leading causes of running injuries, mostly to the knees and ankles. It means your stride transfers weight too dramatically, causing you to push off from the inside of your arch. Heavier runners (new runners losing weight), generally big folks, and flat footed people are most often over-pronators.

Now, the types of shoes:

Cushion/Neutral shoes: these don't have much in the way of arch support of any type. Arch support is generally seen as a plastic insert or a denser, gray-ish foam in the sole. These should only be used by lighter, faster, runners who require little in the way of pronation correction. Shoes that fall into this category are most often the most stylish shoes, as they're generally the sleekest looking.

Stability Shoes: these are the most commonly sold shoes, as many runners appreciate the feel of some (or substantial) arch support, thick soles and comfortable footbed. THey provide little to some pronation support, but aren't designed to resist much roll-over.

Motion-Control: These are generally big, bulky, and often the most expensive shoes. If you have moderate to severe over-pronation, this is where you need to be. These shoes are constructed with pretty high insteps, and are built to "push" your foot back to keep you from rolling too much. They are generally the most expensive because of the amount of material and construction types needed to beat and fight your elephant foot back into submission. If you have flat feet, your knees hurt, and/or the inside of your shoe is squashed flat, suck it up Stampy, you're getting the most expensive shoes on the market.

Any questions?

#3330016 - 08/21/13 03:11 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Asics Kayano are the best running shoes I've ever had

#3330056 - 08/21/13 05:53 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

The ones that fit.

I do

#3330059 - 08/21/13 05:56 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good deal if they fit your style.....but I pity you if you're an over-pronator or flat footed.

There are (3) general types of running shoes, and they're generally not interchangeable. They address the types of pronation in your stride, which describes the degree to which you transfer weight from your heel to the ball of your foot. The condition of your shoe's bottom sole, as well as the cushion material underneath the footbed can be a good indicator as to the type of shoe you require.

Suppenation (under-pronation) generally means you strike on the outside of your heel, and roll through the outside of your foot towards your pinkie toe. Typically, this stride is common in high arched people, and doesn't cause long-term joint problems.

Neutral strides will strike somewhere in the middle to outside of the heel, and roll through the center of their foot.

Pronating (or over-pronation) is one of the leading causes of running injuries, mostly to the knees and ankles. It means your stride transfers weight too dramatically, causing you to push off from the inside of your arch. Heavier runners (new runners losing weight), generally big folks, and flat footed people are most often over-pronators.

Now, the types of shoes:

Cushion/Neutral shoes: these don't have much in the way of arch support of any type. Arch support is generally seen as a plastic insert or a denser, gray-ish foam in the sole. These should only be used by lighter, faster, runners who require little in the way of pronation correction. Shoes that fall into this category are most often the most stylish shoes, as they're generally the sleekest looking.

Stability Shoes: these are the most commonly sold shoes, as many runners appreciate the feel of some (or substantial) arch support, thick soles and comfortable footbed. THey provide little to some pronation support, but aren't designed to resist much roll-over.

Motion-Control: These are generally big, bulky, and often the most expensive shoes. If you have moderate to severe over-pronation, this is where you need to be. These shoes are constructed with pretty high insteps, and are built to "push" your foot back to keep you from rolling too much. They are generally the most expensive because of the amount of material and construction types needed to beat and fight your elephant foot back into submission. If you have flat feet, your knees hurt, and/or the inside of your shoe is squashed flat, suck it up Stampy, you're getting the most expensive shoes on the market.

Any questions?

\:D
I need a Foot Class!
I definitely need to get to Memphis!

#3330080 - 08/21/13 06:22 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Looks like TAFKAP Has all the bases covered awesome.

I have been fitted, and if I am doing more than a couple of miles I run in a standard shoe... brooks at the moment.

But for 99% of my working out and short running, sprints, etc I am loving my New Balance Minimus.

Switching to a barefoot style shoe really helped me fix my heel strike issues early on, and they a just plain comfortable now, especially for squats and deadlifts where I can get a good stance without feeling squishy.

#3330104 - 08/21/13 06:58 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Now, the types of shoes:

Any questions?

\:D
I need a Foot Class!
I definitely need to get to Memphis!

Yeah, visit the Breakway Running store in Memphis. They will make sure you get the right fitting shoe.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3330364 - 08/21/13 10:15 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Poser]
Ed B
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

I saw that you mentioned Fleet Feet, I have no clue about the one in Memphis but I was impressed with the Brentwood store. I had been running on new balances for a couple years and my feet always hurt, ran a half marathon on them and it finally convinced me to get fitted, just way too uncomfortable.

The lady at fleet feet did all the foot measurements, watched me walk, watched me jog and after doing all that she brought out two sets of shoes and inserts. Never once did we discuss brand of shoe. I think I ended up with Saucony (not 100% sure) and some inserts and my feet feel so so much better. I would highly recommend getting fitted and getting the right shoes, I think I ended up spending around $150, well worth the comfort and support when running.

It was a little different walking into a shoe store and not walking over to the wall of shoes and picking out something that looked good. Hell, I never even looked at the wall, they just put you in the shoe that fits you.

#3330391 - 08/21/13 10:26 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

The ones that fit.

I do

I'll suggest Breakaway Running over Fleet Feet. There seems to be a greater sense of competence at Breakaway. I've shopped at Fleet Feet before, and just didn't care for it. My wife bought a pair of shoes at their recommendation, and they didn't perform as expected. We both prefer Breakaway. They have two locations:

Midtown @ 1997 Union Ave Memphis, TN 38104
Germantown @ 1223 S Germantown Rd Germantown, TN 38138

**FULL DISCLOSURE**
I used to work at Breakaway back in college....that's where I got my know-it-all information about running shoes. I shopped at Fleet Feet for a while because of some disagreements with the Breakaway ownership at the time. Breakaway is currently owned by a guy that seems to be much better suited for business, as well as running.

#3330402 - 08/21/13 10:40 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Ed B]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Ed B

The lady at fleet feet did all the foot measurements, watched me walk, watched me jog and after doing all that she brought out two sets of shoes and inserts. Never once did we discuss brand of shoe. I think I ended up with Saucony (not 100% sure) and some inserts and my feet feel so so much better. I would highly recommend getting fitted and getting the right shoes, I think I ended up spending around $150, well worth the comfort and support when running.

It was a little different walking into a shoe store and not walking over to the wall of shoes and picking out something that looked good. Hell, I never even looked at the wall, they just put you in the shoe that fits you.

This is why runners should get fitted at a running store. The big-box retailers don't know, don't care, and are pushing quantity over service. However, I don't agree with the foot measuring. All shoes are fit differently, and the size is just an arbitrary number.

The best way to buy running shoes is with your eyes closed and your wallet open. If you walk in expecting to pay $120, you'll never be disappointed \:D

#3330424 - 08/21/13 11:05 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Ed B
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Ed B

This is why runners should get fitted at a running store. The big-box retailers don't know, don't care, and are pushing quantity over service. However, I don't agree with the foot measuring. All shoes are fit differently, and the size is just an arbitrary number.

The best way to buy running shoes is with your eyes closed and your wallet open. If you walk in expecting to pay $120, you'll never be disappointed \:D

I completely agree. As for the measuring I think it just gave them a starting point because they brought out different sizes to see how each one hit the arch. The one thing I liked about Fleet Feet (and it could be the same at other specialty running stores) was the return policy - if you run in them for a week or two and it becomes uncomfortable then you can exchange them for a different/better fitting shoe.

As for the store preference, I'd always go with the local opinion, it really comes down to the individual that does the fitting.

#3331319 - 08/22/13 06:10 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Ed B]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

1st day in the Brooks Glycerin 10's was a mild break-in \:D

Today, no excuses since I did: Shoulder/Bi/Tri on Monday, Legs n 30 mins Cardio on Tuesday, Back n Chest on Wednesday...........................SO we're gonna see what these dang shoes are made of today!

#3331775 - 08/22/13 11:31 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: deerhunter10]
BIGB
6 Point

Loc: TN.

Asic Kayano
#3332427 - 08/22/13 08:21 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: BIGB]
Zulu
4 Point

Loc: Lakeland TN

New Balance 1080s. No complaints so far. American made and I was able to get them from the New Balance store where they fitted the shoes based on my wonky running style.
#3333595 - 08/23/13 08:45 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Gravey
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford / Wilson County Lin...

I've had brooks and they were OK but I'm on my second pair of saucony and love them. Can't remember which model thought. Got fitted at Fleet Feet where they video you while jogging on the treadmill. Then they brought out a bunch based on the way I run and I tested them outside in the sidewalk. One thing for sure is to buy one size larger than what you normally wear.

#3333760 - 08/23/13 10:51 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Gravey]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Gravey
One thing for sure is to buy one size larger than what you normally wear.

Nope....buy the ones that fit.

Size is just a number, and the size you "normally wear" is determined by another shoe company. Never pay attention to it.

#3333921 - 08/24/13 07:23 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I'm liking the Brooks better than any athletic shoe I've ever owned - and with that said, am still planning to get to Shelby County for a proper fitting so to leave nothing on the table in terms of proper fit since it's dang hard for a 6' 220pb guy to run with sore feet (or any feet for that matter \:D )
Looking to take every excuse out of the book!
Also have a &*^% corn or something underneath one toe - been there for YEARS but now it has a small dot you can see in the deep center of it and a friend who's in the medical field is calling it a bone spur - saying it will have to be removed to eliminate pain
I sure hope not! I plan on buying a freeze kit and trying to freeze that sucker off!

#3334005 - 08/24/13 09:14 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
jmlost
4 Point

Loc: southern middle Tn

my goto are brooks adrenaline. I have recently picked up a pair of pearl zuni iso seek. They are more of a trail shoe but i run a lot of trails.
#3335143 - 08/25/13 12:44 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: jmlost]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I ran in New balance,addias and nike running shoes and on my last pair of Nike's I started having hip pain on my left side,also made my hip sore.Went to fleet feet and they recommended a pair of saucony hurricane 15's.They was pricey at $159 but I paid it.I put 482 miles on that pair,and I can honestly say I don't have any knee or hip pain anymore.Even when I was running in the new balance and addias shoes I was getting knee pain.I'm on my 2nd pair of saucony hurricane 15's.I'll continue to buy these as long as I can find them.

Edited by cecil30-30 (08/25/13 12:45 PM)

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3335298 - 08/25/13 03:32 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
SharpEyeGirl
8 Point

Loc: West Tennessee

I have a pair of NB's. My old shoes have had it. I bought a pair of Super Feet and they are awesome. All they are is a pair of insoles that go inside your shoes. I wear them when I know I'm gonna have to stand for awhile. They have changed the way I stand and walk. They go along with what TAFKAP was saying about the way you stand.

'PR' Elmore's Pumped Up Cricket

If you ain't never come down with this disease, you ain't ever
climbed up in a tree!

#3335827 - 08/25/13 09:14 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Gravey
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford / Wilson County Lin...

Originally Posted By: Gravey
One thing for sure is to buy one size larger than what you normally wear.

Nope....buy the ones that fit.

Size is just a number, and the size you "normally wear" is determined by another shoe company. Never pay attention to it.

I understand all shoes fit different and that is not what i meant. My point is if I were buying a shoe for normal wear and it was 10 1/2 the same shoe purchased for jogging should be 11 1/2.

#3336006 - 08/26/13 06:05 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Gravey]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

Saucony Cohession 4 have worked well so far.

#3337316 - 08/26/13 11:07 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: cecil30-30]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30

I'll continue to buy these as long as I can find them.

That's why Saucony shoes continue to be some of the best running shoes. They're not chasing trends like Nike or Adidas do. They continue similar styles and designs because the people that wear them swear by them

#3440938 - 11/07/13 03:41 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

WELLLLLLLL after running with fellow who "says" he knows the underpronation/overpronation blah blah blah stuff very well I've ordered a pair of Mizuno Wave Creation 13's.. Did a Q&A online based on the info he provided me and it recommended this shoe for my 220lb frame.

The Brooks Glycerin 10's are the BEST feeling shoe I've ever put on but still not enough for my HD frame.

Also still fighting the shin-splint pain \:\(

On a good note, started P90X (not the diet just the workout) Tuesday....thinking I was in pretty good shape again..lol
WOW was I wrong! So stinking sore right now I feel like ive been trampled by a herd o women headed to wally world on black Friday \:\)

#3440966 - 11/07/13 03:57 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

Been wearing Brooks for 3-4 years now and won't change unless they stop making them.
#3441172 - 11/07/13 05:50 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: SharpEyeGirl]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Another endorsement for Breakaway in Memphis...from my wife. She had a pair of Nikes that she liked at Fleet Feet, but that model was discontinued. She liked Fleet Feet. But I think she likes Breakaway better...she helped them move in to their new location on Madison Avenue.

She went to Breakaway last week for some shoes. One of the guys brought out 5 different pairs. My wife had an idea what she was looking for...and walked out with a pair of Brooks. She's trying them out tonight. \:\)

#3441254 - 11/07/13 06:40 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: moondawg]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I believe the Brooks is hands down the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on... Just not hardly enough support for a big frame running - according to some of the so called experts \:\)

Maybe I can use the Mizuno's to lose enough weight to get back in the Brooks \:\)

#3441589 - 11/07/13 10:14 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: SharpEyeGirl]
redblood
16 Point

saucony are hard to beat. got a brand new pair, and i am gonna try them on 10 miles of flat country rd on saturday. these have a bit higher arch than i am accustomed to, we will see how the feet feel on saturday

#3442567 - 11/08/13 04:12 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: redblood]
holstonangler
6 Point

Loc: Johnson City

Saucony Omni's for me, I've ran many races with them, they're the best i've had so far.
#3447396 - 11/11/13 03:41 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Kimber45]
TAFKAP
14 Point

I believe the Brooks is hands down the most comfortable shoe I've ever put on... Just not hardly enough support for a big frame running - according to some of the so called experts \:\)

Maybe I can use the Mizuno's to lose enough weight to get back in the Brooks \:\)

My Mizuno's didn't quite have enough [censored] for me. I think at 200+ lbs, we're hard pressed to get durable enough running shoes. They all seem to be geared towards the waifish Kenyan framed folks. Asics seems to be the only company that makes shoes for big boys.....and they cost some dough.

#3447869 - 11/11/13 08:06 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: redblood]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
saucony are hard to beat. got a brand new pair, and i am gonna try them on 10 miles of flat country rd on saturday. these have a bit higher arch than i am accustomed to, we will see how the feet feel on saturday

man what a difference. was running in a pair of brooks that had about 350 miles on them and broke out the sauconys this weekend. felt great. just a lil sore in my right arch, but that is par for the course for me. rested it today.

#3449374 - 11/12/13 04:10 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: SharpEyeGirl]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Loc: Here

I just got some Nike Lunarlon 5+ for lifting and running at the gym. And I have some Asic Trail 6 for running outside. Have no complaints from either.

#3454913 - 11/15/13 11:16 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: redheadshooter]
Engine2c
4 Point

Loc: West TN

I like my asics. Tried some brooks on not long ago and they felt great. May try them when my asics wear out.
#3456660 - 11/17/13 08:22 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: Engine2c]
medwc
8 Point

Loc: Clarksville, TN, hunt FCKY an...

Last year I tried the Skechers GOruns and am on my 5th pair. They are very lite and have nice soft soles( for the older beat-up feet like mine). I don't let them wear out much before changing pairs and did I say I really like them. I only put about 12 miles a week on them. Only bad thing is when running on pavement or cement the bottoms wear faster than most RSs I have ever owned. JMO
#3462580 - 11/20/13 03:59 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: medwc]
BenWynn
4 Point

Loc: Morgan County

I don't run like some of the guys and gals on here, but I'm getting there. I up to 28 minutes at a time, but I am close to 300lbs. I use Asics I bought at JC Penney. I paid $50, but I would probably do better with "fitted" shoes.

I've been using them for 7 weeks now and they seem okay, but I would say losing weight will help more than the actual shoes will in my situation.

"I don't care if it's a buck, I just want to kill something" BenWynn

#3462620 - 11/20/13 04:22 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: BenWynn]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Great job....You've gotta start somewhere. If you start having foot or knee pain, it's time to stop running and get properly fitted. Keep up the good work.

#3462896 - 11/20/13 06:42 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
BenWynn
4 Point

Loc: Morgan County

When you say pain you don't mean the soreness from running, but actual pain, correct?

"I don't care if it's a buck, I just want to kill something" BenWynn

#3464146 - 11/21/13 11:28 AM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: BenWynn]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Correct. There's a difference in general aches and pains associated with a new runner. Sharp pains where you've never had them before are indicative of worn out shoes.

#3464246 - 11/21/13 12:35 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: TAFKAP]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

After reading a lot about them I am going to try Altra running shoes after my current pair of Brooks wear out.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3477170 - 11/30/13 01:37 PM Re: Running shoes...??? [Re: chunkandwind]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: chunkandwind
After reading a lot about them I am going to try Altra running shoes

I tried a pair of those last month, didn't care for them. I'll stick with my Asics Kayano.

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (skidboot77, Master Chief, Big J) and 71 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.