Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3330785 - 08/21/13 04:43 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Vermin93]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
I have this product and others like it. I just got a new solution from Muddy that looks promising, but I haven't tried it yet. They all have their pluses and minuses. I'm thinking about making a short video that shows these solutions in use. I think it could help other public land hunters.

Also, the Gameplan Gear TTS shown in the pictures can be had for $45. The $60 price at Bass Pro is a rip.

Please tell me where I can get one for 45?
I think I will try one.

I like all the pros and cons but I am willing to sacrifice for some comfort.
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3330817 - 08/21/13 05:16 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: 102]
SCAT
6 Point

Loc: ANDERSON CO.

That looks pretty handy. I have been using the straps off a government issue MOLLE II pack. The shoulder straps and waist belt from the MOLLE II are very well made and can be had for 20 bucks or so. They can be installed on the climber with the climber cables up or down. A lot of info about it on ArcheryTalk.com forums.

#3330825 - 08/21/13 05:37 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: 102]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: 102
I have this product and others like it. I just got a new solution from Muddy that looks promising, but I haven't tried it yet. They all have their pluses and minuses. I'm thinking about making a short video that shows these solutions in use. I think it could help other public land hunters.

Also, the Gameplan Gear TTS shown in the pictures can be had for $45. The $60 price at Bass Pro is a rip.

Please tell me where I can get one for 45?
I think I will try one.

I like all the pros and cons but I am willing to sacrifice for some comfort.

I ordered mine here, but it looks like they sold out.

GamePlan Gear Treestand Transport System

Here are some other reputable online retailers that have it for a good price. Need to factor in shipping cost + no sales tax vs. cost of gas to drive to Bass Pro + TN sales tax.

Game Plan (T.T.S.) Treestand Transport System

GamePlan Treestand Transport Carrier, AP

Additional sets of straps to rig up more than one stand are available here.

GamePlan T.T.S. Connector Straps (8 pc set)

#3330848 - 08/21/13 06:09 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Vermin93]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

FYI: I tested some Game Plan gear a couple of years ago and found it to be of poor quality, especially the stitching. Unless they have changed fabrics, the material is cotton based and will hold water like a burlap sack when wet. This particular desifn is a good idea for people who use climbers, but my experience suggests that you consider other manufacturers for a similar product.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3331046 - 08/21/13 08:53 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Bucket]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Bucket
I use one with my summit goliath and man does it make a difference. Getting the weight off the shoulders and onto the hips far outweighs any negatives this thing poses. You do have to take it off since on the summit it is attached to the top, but like was mentioned the clasps are covered with neoprene and quiet.

When u slide the bottom platform into the climber unbuckle the top 2 buckles and run them OVER the climber. Keeps you from having to take the whole thing off.

The stitching in GamePlans gear in the past was poor. For one I positioned it wrong and the pressure was on the weakest part it. It took me 4 harnesses before I finally figured out how to put it on right.

#3331132 - 08/21/13 09:45 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Poleaxe]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

I've been adding a waist belt to the underside of my stands for years. I buy one of the 2 inch wide luggage straps in a subdued color and zip tie it on the front edge of the bottom of the platform (I pack mine witht he tree side up and the front edge of the stand down). I space the zip ties slightly closer than my hips are wide. Use a heavy duty zip tie and the regular shoulder straps. I try to attach my shoulder straps wider than normal because my shoulders are wider than normal. This keeps the shoulder straps from biting into my neck and trap muscle. With the weight on the hips I can carry more clothing for longer stays. When I get ready to climb the tree I clip the buckle closed so as to not wave around as much.

Works great. This is a much refined version of what I have been doing for years. This would be much more comfortable and mine is pretty comfortable. So go nice or go cheap but put the waist belt on your stands today!

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3342792 - 08/31/13 05:23 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Hoss]
10 Point

Ordered mine this morning.

Thanks for the info.
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3342851 - 08/31/13 06:37 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Poleaxe]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Would love to test that! I walk a long way because I go where I think I can be successful and distance is not a prohibitor...that said, I am for making it easier if possible!! \:\)

#3342907 - 08/31/13 07:38 PM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Vermin93]
TN Whitetail Freak
8 Point

Loc: Bradford, TN (Gibson Co.)

Get that up ASAP interested

Life's Not Handed To Ya; Go Get It.

Sure, the rut is a GREAT time to hunt if you don't know what you're doing!

#3343339 - 09/01/13 07:15 AM Re: Best $ I ever spent [Re: Poser]
pse2
6 Point

Loc: TN

content Online
I purchased one a couple years ago and stitching broke loose. Contacted game gear about it and they would not call me back or return my emails , so that says alot about their customer service and how they back their product.
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (trevor2010, gun nut, bigbuck2012, rem270) and 60 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.