#3330230 - 08/21/13 08:26 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
 Originally Posted By: MUP
 Originally Posted By: BSK

Excellent post Kirk.

I've often wondered what would happen if working Americans simply went on strike. They all stop working until the entitlement machine is destroyed. No crops grown, harvested or delivered, no meat butchered or delivered, no gasoline refined or delivered, no paper produced for the printing of the New York Times and the other Left-Wing rags, no coal mined or delivered to the electric power-plants...

That would be interesting...

I believe this would now be impossible. There isn't a small fraction of enough folks who could sustain themselves these days for enough time to topple the machine. ..... \:\(

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, sadly.

it only took a small fraction of Patriots to take down the biggest military in the world about 237 years ago.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#3330235 - 08/21/13 08:29 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Bone Collector]
Snake
18 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: A.Hall
Talking to a fella today, he was telling me Obama has divided this country beyond repair. He went on to say, he believes we will see rioting like what's going on in the Middle East but on a larger scale. I can see some possibility of this happening, but at what point do you believe it will happen?

The point will be when the money and "free" stuff runs out.

Only China or Russia will be able to bail us out then but the question is will they?

Yes for a price.....

Yeep & a price we can not actually pay !

#3330258 - 08/21/13 08:44 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Kevin]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: Kevin
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

Excellent post Kirk.

I've often wondered what would happen if working Americans simply went on strike. They all stop working until the entitlement machine is destroyed. No crops grown, harvested or delivered, no meat butchered or delivered, no gasoline refined or delivered, no paper produced for the printing of the New York Times and the other Left-Wing rags, no coal mined or delivered to the electric power-plants...

That would be interesting...

I believe this would now be impossible. There isn't a small fraction of enough folks who could sustain themselves these days for enough time to topple the machine. ..... \:\(

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, sadly.

it only took a small fraction of Patriots to take down the biggest military in the world about 237 years ago.

But, my point is, that those folks were self-sufficient to a degree that we can't even(or the vast majority I should say) hope to attain in this day and time, or, choose not to try to. Either way, society would crumble and the death rate from starvation alone would devastate the population.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3330307 - 08/21/13 09:24 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

In the fall of 1777, my ancestor Patrick and his son Dennis joined up with the Continental Army. Prior to this, there is much evidence that neither they, nor other family members or friends wanted anything to do with cutting ties to England. However, increasing taxation and the tide of public sentiment must have finally persuaded them to fight. I've read many times over that just 3 percent of the colonists stood against England.

Back then people were self sufficient for the most part and England needed the colonists more than they needed King George. Today, we are not self sufficient and therein lies the problem and our corrupt and vile government wants to keep it that way. Our government needs and breeds this dependency.

I believe an external event such as:
* Saudi Arabia becoming an Islamist State
*Iran nuking Israel
*Russia sending massive numbers of troops to Syria

Any one of these scenarios could cut off and dry up our oil supply. Once we're financially crippled, we could finally see the dollar collapse and that would allow our Dictator in Chief to declare martial law and suspend the Constitution. Riots, food shortages, and total curfew ensue. Rationing of food and fuel, disintegration of our infrastructure is certain. State Governments would have to do more to serve the people as well as consider choosing a new course for it's citizens. The military and the state governments would also have to choose sides at this juncture. With the rioting and looting that is certain to take place, the military will already be positioned and entrenched in every city.

Without a lot of converts to our side and no outside intervention, I expect we'll be starved out like the Confederates at Vicksburg. It won't take all that long either. If the states aren't successful in carving out a new and free Republic, we can expect to see Soviet style control or maybe even worse, something akin to Stalinism.

Every time I read about Federal agencies being armed with weapons, ammo, and military vehicles, I know and understand that the government anticipates this same scenario.

I'll go back shutting up for now. I probably said way too much and now the NSA probably has me dialed in for a drone strike...

Rebel out.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3330337 - 08/21/13 10:01 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: MUP]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

But, my point is, that those folks were self-sufficient to a degree that we can't even(or the vast majority I should say) hope to attain in this day and time, or, choose not to try to. Either way, society would crumble and the death rate from starvation alone would devastate the population.

I agree. But our entitlement system is now so deeply ingrained into so many in our populace, that I think it would take a societal collapse and the rebuilding of our government from scratch to see a major change. And that would mean mass casualties, in the neighborhood of 2/3 of the population dying of starvation. I'm not sure I can hope for that just to save our country.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3330347 - 08/21/13 10:08 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: BSK]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

I agree. But our entitlement system is now so deeply ingrained into so many in our populace, that I think it would take a societal collapse and the rebuilding of our government from scratch to see a major change. And that would mean mass casualties, in the neighborhood of 2/3 of the population dying of starvation. I'm not sure I can hope for that just to save our country.

True, but at what point would there be anything left that's worth saving? We already have a government in place that distorts and re-interprets the Constitution when it's convenient. The rest of the time they just ignore it.

Deo Vindice

#3330386 - 08/21/13 10:24 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Rebel]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

True Rebel. I just have a hard time wishing for the death of 200+ million people, just to save our system of government.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3330389 - 08/21/13 10:25 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: Rebel]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Exactly. If it's broke, then it should be fixed, or, it's absolutely not worth having, right?

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3330433 - 08/21/13 11:12 AM Re: What do you believe? [Re: BSK]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

True Rebel. I just have a hard time wishing for the death of 200+ million people, just to save our system of government.

I believe there are plenty of people running our government who are unelected and almost none of us know who they actually are. They pull the strings and their end-game is precisely what you've stated, the death of millions, possibly billions.

Deo Vindice

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (RAFI, RiverBuck10, 7wsm, docpoco) and 74 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.