Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3326111 - 08/17/13 08:55 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: RF270]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

I believe they train the folks to rip you off at those chain repair centers

#3326131 - 08/17/13 09:11 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: SALTMAN]
HuntingDicksonDTC
8 Point

Loc: Dickson

I can tell you that not all dealership employees are like that and get tired of all dealerships/employess being portrayed as that . I worked in a dealership for over 20 years & can guarantee you that if i recommended something a customers vehicle NEEDED it. My father owned an independent shop for many years before he passed in 1993 & instilled values in me. I was/am NOT a crook. I have never worked for a Midas/Firestone etc. and can only speak for me.

Originally Posted By: SALTMAN
I expect this kind of bs from car dealerships , guess I can add the old tire boys to the list !

Treat a man as he could be & he will become what he should be.

#3326248 - 08/17/13 10:55 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: TRIGGER]
LanceS4803
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
Oh boy you hit a nerve with this one. About a year ago my BL was trying to be nice to my wife and offered to get her oil changed for her because he had time and a coupon to Firestone for an oil change(Clarksville riverside dr).

I have actually filed a BBB conplaint against that exact store.
Went for oil change and they told me I had major oil leaks from Chev small block oil pan and leaking from engine/trans connection.
A quick wipe by me with a papertowel and it's a Miracle! Oil leak fixed.

#3326267 - 08/17/13 11:15 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: Wes Parrish]
jos3ywales
14 Point

Loc: Norris Dam

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
I had a similar experience a few years ago at the Midas shop in West Knoxville. From what I hear, experiences such as you had are a common scam. So glad you recognized it and turned the tables on the scamsters.

I have heard many bad story from that Midas in Knoxville

"Let God in he will save you all you have to do is ask"

"I'm a legend in my own mind"

Jos3ywales

#3326332 - 08/18/13 06:49 AM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: jos3ywales]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I have both family and friends in the car business.
All of them say the say the same thing about Firestone.
The only "repair" to get at a Firestone is their Lifetime Alignment.
Skip everything else there, because everything else is going to cost you a LOT more than it would if you went anywhere else.
Find a good mechanic that doesn't work for a chain and make a relationship with him...put his kids through college...send him Christmas cards...
Or learn to fix it yourself.
Most people don't know how surprisingly easy most maintenance repairs are and that they could be doing them themselves.
Sure, every now and then you'll run into a job to big for the hobby mechanic to fix, but that's likely to only happen a time or two in the life of a vehicle.

#3326351 - 08/18/13 07:21 AM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: BlackBelt]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Took the wifes X-terra in for an airbag light once at Hunt Nissan here in Chatt. The ser rep came out with a report of how the seatbelt latch had malfunctioned, but they had to order both sides bc they couldn't tell which one had gone bad...then, proceeded to tell me that the front brakes were down to 15% and needed replaced. I told him, funny thing, I just replaced the brakes last week on it.(which i did). He gave the blank stare and just asked if they should go ahead and replace them. I told him no, that I would check them myself...then he asked if they should order both seatbelt latches, again, I said if the seatbelts are working, other than the indicator light malfunction, then no. Long story longer, I went home and pulled the wheels to check the brakes, just in case some freak chance had melted them or something, and they were still like new. I DID call back to complain, and within 30 min I had a return call from the ser manager, who was really aggravated and told me , in a smart alec tone, that he'd really like to see those brakes. I told him any Dern time you feel like seeing them I'll drive the 50 mi back over and show him personally! I did, and his subdued response was "well, the mechanic most likely meant that the brakes only had about 15% worn OFF them". I then said oh, is that why he said they needed to be replaced then?! I did get a free coffee mug tho for my trouble. \:\/

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3326443 - 08/18/13 09:06 AM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: MUP]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I work for FS's parent company. I don't know anyone from that division of the company.
I buy tires and the lifetime alignment from those stores.
All other maintenance and repairs are done by a private mechanic. I drive older cars and my mechanic has saved me tons of money. If he says my car needs something, it really does need it. Totally honest and trustworthy.

I will not try to defend the complaints about the FS stores. I have been hearing similar stories for the 25 years that I've worked for the company.

#3328552 - 08/19/13 09:11 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: Deer Whisperer]
SALTMAN
8 Point

Loc: Cadiz Ky

Hunting Dickson DTC, sorry to strike that nerve , BUT I have had a large number of new vehicles in my 55 yrs or so of driving , and I can't remember the last time a dealership service dept. told me the truth. and thats the truth. I do have a local shop ( Quality Automotive , here in Cadiz ) that is top notch ! I was trying to drive that 100 miles or so back to him when conditions forced me to Firestone .
FS in Clarksville put my tires on , I let them change my oil while I'm getting the free balence/rotation .. Last trip they showed me where my shocks/struts were leaking , they only wanted about a thousand for that . But I would "get a much better ride " , Um no thanks, it rides just fine !

#3328560 - 08/19/13 09:14 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: SALTMAN]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Glad you caught the crooks in the act.

#3328636 - 08/19/13 10:26 PM Re: Firestone Service center, ripoff artists [Re: RUGER]
Redwing
10 Point

Loc: Blount Co.

My local Firestone has treated me fairly well, I have noticed that there are no "Repair" shops anymore. FS included, They replace, and they will replace it to the point where you won't come back for warranty work.
I did notice up on the wall was a quote from Harry s. Firestone,
"I believe fundamental honesty is the keystone of business". It would appear that they may have forgot that.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (Lincoln Co Archer, Jcov, RAFI, Deer Assassin, waterfowlwidowmaker, FISH, 8 invisible) and 101 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93207 Topics
1088482 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.