Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3337281 - 08/26/13 10:26 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: sgtwebb1]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
I can't believe you actually know the man's name. \:D

Unlike many here, present company excepted I'll presume, I take time to give a careful read to most of the linked articles that start posts before commenting on them. In the case of that one, when I was done, I wanted a few minutes of my life back. Broad false generalizations like the ones I've excerpted below make it difficult to take the rest of his article seriously. Even though he makes a few salient points worth considering, it's evident that the man is a fool, and I do not suffer fools gladly.

....No one in any of the Islamic countries is trying to take away our freedoms. No one in Russia, China, or North Korea gives a [censored] about them, either. In reality, the only people taking away our freedoms are in Washington, DC, our statehouses, and our city halls.

#3337910 - 08/27/13 12:55 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: Bambi Buster]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Every level of government is strangling liberty! If you cannot see that Bambi, then who is the fool?
#3338007 - 08/27/13 02:11 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: 348Winchester]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Every level of government is strangling liberty! If you cannot see that Bambi, then who is the fool?

I didn't say they weren't, but anyone who believes our government is the ONLY threat, as the author of the linked article clearly contends, is indeed a fool.

#3338018 - 08/27/13 02:19 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: Bambi Buster]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
No one in any of the Islamic countries is trying to take away our freedoms.

So, you believe that the pushes for Sharia law here in the U.S. are solely originating here in the U.S.? You are a fool.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3338049 - 08/27/13 02:41 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet

So, you believe that the pushes for Sharia law here in the U.S. are solely originating here in the U.S.? You are a fool.

S-n-Q. If you will go back and READ my post you lifted the quote from, you will see the following sentence: ..."Broad false generalizations like the ones I've excerpted below make it difficult to take the rest of his article seriously...".

The words you attribute to me are the ones spoken by the author of the article. I suggest with as much grace as I can muster that you make certain someone actually wrote something before calling him a fool for doing so.

Edited to add: To answer your question unequivocally, no, I do not remotely believe that, just in case the narrative above was not clear.

Edited by Bambi Buster (08/27/13 02:59 PM)

#3338082 - 08/27/13 03:10 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: Bambi Buster]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet

S-n-Q. If you will go back and READ my post you lifted the quote from, you will see the following sentence: ..."Broad false generalizations like the ones I've excerpted below make it difficult to take the rest of his article seriously...".

The words you attribute to me are the ones spoken by the author of the article. I suggest with as much grace as I can muster that you make certain someone actually wrote something before calling him a fool for doing so.

Edited to add: To answer your question unequivocally, no, I do not remotely believe that, just in case the narrative above was not clear.

Mia Culpa.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3338096 - 08/27/13 03:18 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

If his point is foolish please explain how someone in Iraq or Afghanistan is effectively plotting against the 2nd Amendment or the 4th. Do you really still believe the Iraq War protected our freedoms?

Fool pot, meet fool kettle.

A John McCain, Barack Obama, even our own Alexander and Corker will do more to erode the US Constitution than any Mohammed, Kumar, or Ahmed over there.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3338601 - 08/27/13 09:05 PM Re: The false argument about "defending our freedom" [Re: de novo]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Bravo, de novo!
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (REM7, darn2ten, feldmutze, sgtwebb1, mjac, devo1980, 10 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95609 Topics
1118917 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.014 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.