Topic Options
#3309619 - 08/02/13 08:55 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: landman]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Originally Posted By: landman
There has been some questioning about the "Kansas Thing" as its
called on this post, BSK said it right he knew the laws

It all started with a LIE, the landowner knew the buck was on and off his tract, but he wasn't a hunter, thats why he took $5,000, bet none of you on here would have knowing the deer was there.
Once Spook killed it the landowner asked him if he seen it, Spook replied they didn't kill the buck. Afterwards a family member seen the tape and told him, by then Spook owned the farm, the landowner had wondered why Spook priced it so high.

In court this time more LIES, statements that the corn they were
buying was for cattle, a pet duck & goose.....

Its been described as "makes me sick to hear anymore of it"

I wonder what he may tell other in mates his name is on those
overnight stays.....Spook or William???

From what I heard, his cameraman got jealous or upset about not getting any fame from the buck kill in Kansas. If Spook knew he broke the law then the punishment was not severe enough, and with his experience I would have to guess he knew what was right and wrong. I always wondered what happened. Doesn't matter as much about that, he was found guilty and punished, what bothers me even more is evidently he feels he is above being punished, arrogance in my opinion. Granted I only know what I have read and heard through the rumor mill. Anyone can make a mistake or break a law (I don't know the Kansas game laws but they do seem complicated like the Tennessee game laws can be and I could see someone making a mistake and there are generally many times every year, hunting and fishing, people will tell me something and they are unknowingly doing something that could be or is against game laws, sometimes that is after reading the published hunting and fishing guides) once you know and understand what is right that should not happen again. Especially if you get caught and punished and that punishment includes a NO HUNTING period, then don't go hunting. Evidently Spook felt he was above the law, that bothers me as much if not more than breaking the law.

#3309635 - 08/02/13 09:11 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Headhunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I don't think the particular law Spook broke in Kansas was that complicated. He had a land-OWNER tag. A land-OWNER tag is only good on land you personally OWN. How complicated is that?

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3309681 - 08/02/13 09:59 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
Roost 1
10 Point

Loc: KY

Originally Posted By: BSK
I don't think the particular law Spook broke in Kansas was that complicated. He had a land-OWNER tag. A land-OWNER tag is only good on land you personally OWN. How complicated is that?

Exactly....

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3309726 - 08/02/13 10:42 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Roost 1]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

Did anyone else see the post on his Facebook page from his wife? The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3309741 - 08/02/13 11:17 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Mossy Oak]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

What were they? I don't have a fb acct.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3309756 - 08/02/13 11:38 AM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Mossy Oak]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Mossy Oak
Did anyone else see the post on his Facebook page from his wife? The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

Man I read that after you pointed it out, did you also read al the posts? Most are for him but a few get on him, and most clear don't know what they are talking about for reading it.

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3309782 - 08/02/13 12:08 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Mossy Oak]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Mossy Oak
The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

When you gleefully call your "fans" and followers "Spook Nation," what about that is NOT cult-like?

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3309902 - 08/02/13 02:50 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
taximan
8 Point

Loc: Indiana

Just calling your fans "spook nation" is a red flag to me about an inflated ego and cult like following. i have no doubt he knew game laws and broke them willingly...i have read the fb comments and it baffles me....wouldnt hurt my feelings if he never hunted again...thanks to him hunters are not only poor dumb redneck killers in peoples eyes...now we are cheaters

Edited by taximan (08/02/13 02:51 PM)

#3309962 - 08/02/13 03:51 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Originally Posted By: BSK

Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

#3309990 - 08/02/13 04:12 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Headhunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

I don't consider it picking at all Headhunter. You're asking good question and making valid points. I only know the court document ("official") side of the story.

And yes, personally, Spook is a great guy. He's been to my house. That doesn't mean I approve of what he's been doing in the hunting industry though, nor his whole narcissistic and creepy cult-following thing.

Page 7 of 10 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
48 registered (nunleys2010, RKenney, Daniel n, catman529, Stevie Ray, southernhunter, 5 invisible) and 99 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92982 Topics
1086538 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.085 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.