Page 8 of 10 « First<678910>
Topic Options
#3310002 - 08/02/13 04:29 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Headhunter
Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

I don't consider it picking at all Headhunter. You're asking good question and making valid points. I only know the court document ("official") side of the story.

And yes, personally, Spook is a great guy. He's been to my house. That doesn't mean I approve of what he's been doing in the hunting industry though, nor his whole narcissistic and creepy cult-following thing.

Great people do bad things.. I've never met Spook, but I'd love to. I hope the best for him and his family. He made a big mistake, but we all have. I bet many of the people bashing Spann (not referring to anyone on here) have also hunted illegally.

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3310023 - 08/02/13 04:54 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Master Chief]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

I believe if one were to read the 29-page court document from the latest finding, one would have no doubt as to Spooks guilt or intent or whether he got off light.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3310064 - 08/02/13 05:47 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
Nealmeally
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Mossy Oak
The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

When you gleefully call your "fans" and followers "Spook Nation," what about that is NOT cult-like?

Yep, the Facebook posts he puts on there are silly and creepy. He is a weird guy for sure. And I agree BSK, when I first saw the name of the tv show "Spook Nation" I thought this guy has lost it. Very arrogant in my opinion. He is always braggin about something on Facebook.

"Spook Nation", really?? Who does he think he is? How cocky can you get over a deer that wasn't even killed legally? That deer started it all, he got cocky and greedy..now look where he's at. His deer is gone and he's headed to the big house..

#3310683 - 08/03/13 01:37 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: BSK]
tickweed
10 Point

Loc: medon,Tn.

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

I don't consider it picking at all Headhunter. You're asking good question and making valid points. I only know the court document ("official") side of the story.

And yes, personally, Spook is a great guy. He's been to my house. That doesn't mean I approve of what he's been doing in the hunting industry though, nor his whole narcissistic and creepy cult-following thing.
Agreed. Very well said. The truth is , very few can cast a stone, if any. The guy has a family as well. He did wrong, made some mistakes. None of us where there. He will be paying the price.

#3310783 - 08/03/13 03:32 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: tickweed]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

"Spook Nation".... "Junior Nation"... Yea, its just creepy all the way around. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3310847 - 08/03/13 05:01 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: MUP]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Back a few weeks ago I was searching for the latest news on this issue and ran across this.

http://spookspannsupporters.com/supporters/

Thought of where I saw "cult" on this thread. \:D

#3310869 - 08/03/13 05:40 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: RUGER]
arkwaterfowler
Spike

Loc: williamson co

Unfortunately he will be judged on these acts and not any good he has done. I guess it would be much worse if he spotlighted the big deer. He broke the law but did not use unethical means IMO. The turkey baiting is different.

I got a ticket in Arkansas for over the limit which was accidental. I for one can say you better bring an attorney with you if a game warden decides he wants to give you a ticket. Game laws can be complicated and almost impossible to comply with. Take the Lacey Act. I can legally kill 360 ducks a year but I cannot have more than 18 in my freezer.

#3310882 - 08/03/13 05:57 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: arkwaterfowler]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Shame when you go out and solicit all those testimonials then plead guilty. Of course, by doing so, as part of the plea agreement, two other felonies were dismissed. They would have cost him five years in the pen and an additional $270,000 in fines. Taht is mentioned in the 29-page court ruling just handed down. You see, there is far more to this than a couple honest mistakes. I suppose his Canadian ticket for attempting to shoot a wolf from an aircraft was a mistake as well.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3310899 - 08/03/13 06:28 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: bowriter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

All he had to do was keep his camo and turkey calls in the closet for 6 months from 2/28 - 8/28 and then he could legally get back in the saddle of his professional hunting/TV career. Instead, he couldn't even make it 2 months without hunting, including illegally baiting turkeys. How ironic that the great hunter Spook Spann reportedly got caught slinging corn to help put his celebrity clients on spring gobblers.

Speaking of the Spook Nation cult following, I think I found a few members on YouTube...

Spook Spann and Spook Nation

#3310931 - 08/03/13 07:04 PM Re: Looks Like Canned Spann [Re: Vermin93]
buckbstr_1
4 Point

Vermin that is a great video! I wonder if he gave that rendition to the judge. What a pumped up, egotistical dude. Big Bub should have fun with him. Maybe for Thanksgiving he will get something to gobble on! Or maybe just some stuffing prison style!
Page 8 of 10 « First<678910>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (NICHOLS3, mossyoakmantn, rockytopcop, Bullfrog, ghostfive, tanelson, 9 invisible) and 109 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89120 Topics
1042312 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.289 seconds in which 0.023 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.