Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3307110 - 07/30/13 10:01 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: CAW]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: CAW
 Originally Posted By: catman529
Yall who want to watch hunting shows, but not the BS on the outdoor channel, watch some youtube videos. Look up channels such as The Field Archer, Bow Mullet, Leatherwood Outdoors, Outdoor Addixtions (CAW), etc. They all have quality real hunting videos.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you saying that. You have some really good stuff yourself.

I'm looking forward to getting back out with the camera this fall! I'm sure you are too. Come on September!!
I got a new camera tree mount an camo duck taped it up! Can't wait to try and get better footage... Getting the kill shot is tough, and I did my best yet with turkey this spring and hope to improve more with deer this fall. Look forward to seeing your videos this upcoming season. I watched one from Kansas this morning (the buck that came in downwind off camera) and it started me on a train of YouTube hunting videos that got me the itch in the worst way.

#3307156 - 07/30/13 10:52 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: catman529]
CAW
6 Point

Loc: Huntsville, AL

Yall who want to watch hunting shows, but not the BS on the outdoor channel, watch some youtube videos. Look up channels such as The Field Archer, Bow Mullet, Leatherwood Outdoors, Outdoor Addixtions (CAW), etc. They all have quality real hunting videos.

Thanks man, I really appreciate you saying that. You have some really good stuff yourself.

I'm looking forward to getting back out with the camera this fall! I'm sure you are too. Come on September!!
I got a new camera tree mount an camo duck taped it up! Can't wait to try and get better footage... Getting the kill shot is tough, and I did my best yet with turkey this spring and hope to improve more with deer this fall. Look forward to seeing your videos this upcoming season. I watched one from Kansas this morning (the buck that came in downwind off camera) and it started me on a train of YouTube hunting videos that got me the itch in the worst way.

That Kansas hunt was one of may favorite all time hunts, even if we didn't get the kill shot on film. Just got the mount back a few weeks ago and have been re-living it ever since!

I thought your turkey videos turned out great. They are much tougher to film than deer hunts, that's for sure. Which camera arm did you get?

#3307172 - 07/30/13 11:22 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: CAW]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

That Kansas hunt was one of may favorite all time hunts, even if we didn't get the kill shot on film. Just got the mount back a few weeks ago and have been re-living it ever since!

I thought your turkey videos turned out great. They are much tougher to film than deer hunts, that's for sure. Which camera arm did you get?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=1168926 Solid construction from what I can tell, I like it.

I'm not sure what will be harder - turkey filming or treestand bowhunting filming. Seems like the bowhunting is a bit tougher, but this tree mount should make a big diff. Main reason I didn't get my 3rd doe on screen last year, is because my camera was on a tripod in a small space and the wooden treestand would have blocked the view of the deer. Won't worry about that with the tree mount.

#3307213 - 07/31/13 04:51 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Have you seen the one where the "hunter" is all but waving at the buck as it's coming in, and the buck looks up at him, then bolts? The "hunter" turns to the camera, with the most dumbfounded look, and says, "don't know what happened, could have been a coyote nearby, or anything." Yep, buddy, keep flailing your arms, pointing and waving at the camera, and those yotes will get ya busted every time.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3307415 - 07/31/13 09:03 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: Boone 58]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: Boone 58
I had a friend witness a mature buck some years back on Laurel hill wma come sneaking off a ridge into a cove on the lake and lay down in the water up to his antlers while some talking hunters walked across a ridge above the lake.....after hearing them pass the ole buck got up out of the water and gingerly walked off into the woods.......would love to have seen that. He was in a boat fishing.

I am almost 70-years old and have been hunting for 60-years. Not once have I seen a deer go fishing, let alone in a boat. \:\)

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3307488 - 07/31/13 10:00 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: bowriter]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

Don't want to side track this thread but a quick something I watched a mature buck do one day. We were having deer drive and I was a stander along the edge of the timber and a gas line grownup with 3 foot high saw grass. The deer were headed my way and I could see a good buck behind a few does. I stepped to the edge of the gas line so I could get a shot at him as he crossed. The does all bounded across but the buck hit the ground and belly crawled across the line and didn't get back to his feet until he reached the timber on the other side. They're slick.

#3307513 - 07/31/13 10:26 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: Mike Belt]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Mike Belt
The does all bounded across but the buck hit the ground and belly crawled across the line and didn't get back to his feet until he reached the timber on the other side. They're slick.

I know of several instances where older bucks were observed belly-crawling across openings they had to cross under human pressure.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3307516 - 07/31/13 10:28 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

I shot one belly crawling under a fence. Dang, I bet that was 30-years ago. I had forgotten all about it.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3307520 - 07/31/13 10:30 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: Mike Belt]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Mike Belt
...The does all bounded across but the buck hit the ground and belly crawled across the line and didn't get back to his feet until he reached the timber on the other side. They're slick.

That is incredible, I would have never imagined that...unless he just had an itch ;\) like dogs do. In all seriousness though that is neat. I can't say I've ever witnessed any truly strange behavior that is even close to that.

#3307960 - 07/31/13 05:11 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BlountArrow]
Big Gun
16 Point

Loc: Bartlett

I bet he didn't have his ATV parked on a train track though. ;\)
Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TieCampBuckSlayer, ChuckNorris, Breesor1, Hunter111, THEdonkey0515
13083 Registered Users
Who's Online
46 registered (Cache, Jcalder, jbird, tndeerman, archer19, Tnscooter63, 8 invisible) and 126 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13083 Members
42 Forums
88191 Topics
1033075 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.226 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.