Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3305882 - 07/29/13 08:26 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
tickweed
10 Point

Loc: medon,Tn.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BSK
While flipping through the sports channels at lunch today, I caught a glimps of a nice buck on the screen. Quickly flipping back to that channel I got to see a 3 1/2 year-old Midwest buck bust the "pro" hunter and run off. But the amazing new information I learned from this "pro" was that mature bucks have better eyesight, hearing, and sense of smell than other deer... Really? Their vision, hearing and olfactory senses increase with age? I did not know that...

Oh, and I also learned that a 3 1/2 year-old 9-point buck with a 14-inch OUTSIDE spread, 3-inch browtines, 8-inch G2s and G3s, and one 3-inch G4 is a "mature" sure-nuff 150...

Wow. I didn't know I had so many 150s in my area.
As for the scoring, Seems like I hear the 150s quite often here in Tn. I'd say the majority of hunters have never even really seen a 150 gross buck in a lifetime.

#3305913 - 07/29/13 08:48 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

\:D

#3305920 - 07/29/13 08:51 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: GoldenEagle09]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

I had a friend witness a mature buck some years back on Laurel hill wma come sneaking off a ridge into a cove on the lake and lay down in the water up to his antlers while some talking hunters walked across a ridge above the lake.....after hearing them pass the ole buck got up out of the water and gingerly walked off into the woods.......would love to have seen that. He was in a boat fishing.

#3306029 - 07/29/13 10:41 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: Master Chief]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Master Chief
Did he have a bow? If he did, he knows more than you, and you should definately believe his bs.. errr wait, I mean supreme knowledge.

Yup, a bow hunter. The funniest part was when he did shoot a buck, it ran way, way out of sight (on camera) before dropping, and he said, "That new 'XYZ' broadhead really did the trick. That buck didn't run more than 20 yards before dropping!"

That was the longest 20 yards I've ever seen.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3306043 - 07/29/13 11:04 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
Nealmeally
8 Point

Loc: TN

Some of the shows are a joke. I only watch a few. I watch Bill Winke but I watch his online throughout the season. He's probably the only one I really get tips from. Whitetail Properties used to be ok but they have more and more "sponsors" they have to mention every year seems like. Most of the shows I watch aren't even whitetail hunting. I like watching Yukon moose and adventure hunting. And if you can stand listening to Cody Robbins talk, his mule deer hunting is good to watch. But they all got that money on they mind and will bounce around wherever the money is. They swear by one broadhead one season and then next season they swear by the other one. More about the money than the good old fashion pursuit..

#3306048 - 07/29/13 11:22 PM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: BSK]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online
 Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Master Chief
Did he have a bow? If he did, he knows more than you, and you should definately believe his bs.. errr wait, I mean supreme knowledge.

Yup, a bow hunter. The funniest part was when he did shoot a buck, it ran way, way out of sight (on camera) before dropping, and he said, "That new 'XYZ' broadhead really did the trick. That buck didn't run more than 20 yards before dropping!"

That was the longest 20 yards I've ever seen.

They are ridiculous when it comes to denying bad shots. I watched one shoot a buck just in front of the hams and he says, while still in the stand, "Barely hit one lung!"

"It's not whatcha got, it's what you give." -Tesla

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
-John Muir

#3306081 - 07/30/13 04:56 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: Master Chief]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

My favorite gonad squencher is when they say..."dropped him right in his tracks, never took a step. That broadhead REALLY put 'em down!" and it was a spine shot. Sometimes you can hear the animal rustling around in the background while the "pro" hunter is fist pumping and congratulating himself on his perfect arrow placement.

Makes me sick !
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3306114 - 07/30/13 05:45 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: 102]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

Thats exactly why up until a week ago i hadnt watched my outdoor channels in over a yr. Its gotten to stupid. I like watching the Drury Bros on anything there on. But theres not many more i care for. The only reason im halfway watching it nowadays is because im getting the fever. But id rather turn it on there and mute the tv to not here the nonsense and just see deer.

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3306168 - 07/30/13 07:34 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: timberjack86]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

One of the biggest reasons I hate hunting shows is the fact they add 1-3 years to every bucks life and in many cases a minimum of 25" of antler. Not to mention the cold hard "facts" they put out

#3306176 - 07/30/13 07:42 AM Re: Learned something from a "Pro" hunter today... [Re: whistlinwingman]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Wow, so a bucks eyes and nose get more efficient with age? No WONDER I can't kill the old ones?! Do they ever get old enough to have X-Ray vision like Superman?
Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
111 registered (huntinkev, Grill-n-man, sallee-bo, Snake, wildlifelover, McCoy, 10 invisible) and 168 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95892 Topics
1122864 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.