Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3297281 - 07/21/13 06:58 AM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: deerhunter10]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

Tubes make too much noise...I've been tubeless forever....

#3298425 - 07/22/13 09:06 AM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: deerhunter10]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

posted on another thread, get rid of the peep sight, get an anchor sight. I used the "no-peep" first and loved it and the anchor sight is even better. made by archery innovations.

#3301355 - 07/24/13 10:40 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: Headhunter]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
First thing I've always done after every new bow I buy before I even shoot it is put a Winners Choice on it just because of the manufacture stretching and uncooperative peep straightness. The Heli-m I bought last yr was the first time I haven't immediately purchased a after market string and now with me shooting it in 3D's I'm back to the peep problem. I have missed the last 2 shoots account of not wanting to shell out $120 for a new one. Thanks to TN Guy with his above thread my problem will now be solved.. Thanks.
#3301520 - 07/25/13 07:50 AM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: Poleaxe]
Headhunter
10 Point

Any bow I have owned or if I ever get a new one, gets winners choice strings and cables.

#3303888 - 07/27/13 02:56 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: UTGrad]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
The strings I have from Energy Wave currently on my bow have not rotated and I've probably put 1,000 shots. I have a buddy that still shoots a tube peep regardless cause if he had a B&C buck and couldn't see cause the peep rotated well...you can imagine.
I've had that problem, never a huge problem just slightly off. I just bring the peep to my mouth and finish the rotation. no big deal. Never did it hunting, only when getting things ready to hunt. He should be more worried about the tube, them things are a pain.

For the OP, do your self a favor, get a press and learn to work on your own bow. Takes trial an error to get a bow shooting like silk, with a press you can do it. The peep will change with every change.

Lets say you always shoot low, the problem could be your lower limbs are weaker that the top and on release the top limbs are pulling the nock up. Adjusting the limbs will effect the rotation of the peep, not to mention the discrepancy is creating more noise and robbing the arrow of energy. The peep will need reset and that is done twisting the string...you need a press.

When you get rid of that tube you might here noises you couldn't before, you'll want to eliminate them, a shop won't put the time and effort into the task...you need a press. I made mine out of some 60 year old cherry, served (yuk yuk yuk \:\) ) me well, but anything that holds the bow in place while pulling it down with some ratchet straps will do. Contrary to popular O it isn't rocket science even though we are shooting missiles. \:\)

#3304172 - 07/27/13 08:20 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: nodog]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: nodog
 Originally Posted By: UTGrad
The strings I have from Energy Wave currently on my bow have not rotated and I've probably put 1,000 shots. I have a buddy that still shoots a tube peep regardless cause if he had a B&C buck and couldn't see cause the peep rotated well...you can imagine.
I've had that problem, never a huge problem just slightly off. I just bring the peep to my mouth and finish the rotation. no big deal. Never did it hunting, only when getting things ready to hunt. He should be more worried about the tube, them things are a pain.

For the OP, do your self a favor, get a press and learn to work on your own bow. Takes trial an error to get a bow shooting like silk, with a press you can do it. The peep will change with every change.

Lets say you always shoot low, the problem could be your lower limbs are weaker that the top and on release the top limbs are pulling the nock up. Adjusting the limbs will effect the rotation of the peep, not to mention the discrepancy is creating more noise and robbing the arrow of energy. The peep will need reset and that is done twisting the string...you need a press.

When you get rid of that tube you might here noises you couldn't before, you'll want to eliminate them, a shop won't put the time and effort into the task...you need a press. I made mine out of some 60 year old cherry, served (yuk yuk yuk \:\) ) me well, but anything that holds the bow in place while pulling it down with some ratchet straps will do. Contrary to popular O it isn't rocket science even though we are shooting missiles. \:\)

You are right about learning how to work on your own—almost no one will take the time like you will. However, I very strongly disagree with the last part of your post. The modern parallel limb, and beyond parallel limb, bows are very easy to damage either the limbs, the riser or other critical pieces if pressed incorrectly—the days of some ratchet straps pulling a bow down against two solid pieces have long passed and it can be very damaging to the bow and/or the user. There are several affordable, and safe options, for pressing the modern compound bow.

#3304271 - 07/27/13 10:23 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: nodog]
RidgeRunner13
4 Point

Loc: Claxton, TN

I completely understand about having my own press. I know I asked a novice question, but on the contrary I'm not a novice to working on my bow. I have a press available to me so that isn't an issue. The reason for the novice question about strings and peep are solely because of the time I quit shooting. My bow was due for a string change when I put it up before military service. I didn't have much time to shoot while I was in so it just stayed packed up. Last year I broke it back out and within two days of tuning and getting prepped for some much needed love I wrecked my motorcycle. I spent a month and half in a sling I couldn't shoot my bow. I was just curious of what everyone's opinions of the tubeless peep and which strings were recommended because now I don't have a motorcycle lol and am safe to hunt. I will definitely take your advice, but I had already planned for new noises. I'm currently setting up two of my buddies to start their first years bow hunting also. My schedule is full right now, but I would love to see some first timers be successful this season. Thank you for the advice.
#3304273 - 07/27/13 10:27 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
RidgeRunner13
4 Point

I definitely agree with you on that one. I've seen some horror stories unfold with improper pressing. It's a scary thought as to what some people will do to save a buck, and ruin a $700-$1000+ bow.
#3305058 - 07/28/13 08:39 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: RidgeRunner13]
Headhunter
10 Point

Problems with peep sights is why I got rid of them. Waste of money IMO. I have set several people up with the no peep and a few with the archery innvoations system and all of them wish they would have gotten rid of a peep sight years ago.

#3305109 - 07/28/13 09:10 PM Re: Tube peep sight vs. Tubeless??? [Re: Headhunter]
RidgeRunner13
4 Point

I've viewed the products you were talking about Headhunter, and I just don't think it's something I would like. I having everything working fluidly now except for the slap of my peep sight tube on my cables and strings.
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (Homebrewer, imograss, LA man, jlmustain, landman, Slacker, 12 invisible) and 183 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96005 Topics
1124220 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.