Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#3304847 - 07/28/13 04:45 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: ImThere]
medic
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Originally Posted By: ImThere
I used to take my american bulldog with me everywhere but i noticed myself he made people uncomfortable and stopped. People have picked up there Chihuahua and left the dog park. most people dont notice other peoples reaction to ther dogs presence or dont care and i think they should

I have a American bulldog that could be that one's twin.
Like you I've had people back up and get mad because I brought a "pit" with me. I respect others fear but let them know he is not a pitbull and try to go the other way.

#3305022 - 07/28/13 08:09 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: plinker22]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

There are a lot of people wo are allergic to dogs... they should be in no stores except for Pet stores....

#3305097 - 07/28/13 09:02 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Sako]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

rules are rules but to many people dogs are there children and a huge part of there family. so I really do understand why people bring them places. ive never had a bad experience with dogs and I have had them my whole life nor have I seen anyone attacked. imo for the most part not always but if a person gets attacked they usually provoked it some how. not always but most of the time.

#3305221 - 07/28/13 11:58 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
You're right but it's the same situation for a child that is misbehaving and disrupting everyone. I realize there is a difference between a dog and a child but the context is the same. I just feel like if the dog is behaving and not causing a problem then it's no big deal. However, im the type of guy that if my dog is being a bother or something then ill remove it. I think most people with manners would do the same. For the folks without manners, well they will always do what they want no matter what and all you can do is hope they will listen when you tell them whats what.

Misbehaving children do not maul or kill people. Misbehaving dogs can. HUGE difference. Few people have a powerful fear of children; many have a powerful fear of large dogs.

Someone with "manners" won't ask you to remove your dog. And they shouldn't have to. You shouldn't have brought your dog into a situation where there are many people who don't know nor love your dog. He's your pet, not the public's pet. Don't assume he is going to be loved and appreciated by everyone. At least half the people in this country don't own a dog for a reason.

What I meant was that a dog owner with manners will take their own dog away if it is causing a problem. Listen, I don't bring my dog places to get attention, feel special, or show off. I bring my dog places because she likes getting out of the house on more than a run around the neighborhood. My dog is very well trained and does not bother folks. If she were to ever bother people then I would take her elsewhere. But because of cramped areas inside buildings and because I think it's wrong/ illegal in some scenarios, I only take my dog to outdoor areas. If it is legal and if she ain't being a pest, I have every right to take my dog with me. Lots of folks are afraid of guns but we don't see anything wrong with concealed carry. Either way, it's my right and ill try my best to not be an a-hole about exercising my rights. Ill just leave it at that and figure we will all just have to agree to disagree.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3305293 - 07/29/13 12:12 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
imo for the most part not always but if a person gets attacked they usually provoked it some how. not always but most of the time.

Sorry deerhunter10, but that's the dumbest thing I've seen you post. Read up on dog attacks.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3305303 - 07/29/13 12:22 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: DirtyBear0311]
BSK
Non-Typical

What I meant was that a dog owner with manners will take their own dog away if it is causing a problem.

And what I'm saying is, how would the dog owner know their dog is a problem? Most "bad" dog owners I've encountered have no concept their dog's presence is "unwanted" by others (or perhaps they know and simply don't care).

Quote:
My dog is very well trained and does not bother folks. If she were to ever bother people then I would take her elsewhere.

Unfortunately, that's the case in many, many dog maulings. The dog has never been aggressive towards anybody and has always behaved. And then one day, something triggers an instinctive reaction and someone gets severely injured or killed, and too often that person is a child.

Quote:
If it is legal and if she ain't being a pest, I have every right to take my dog with me.

A "Right?" No, just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a Right.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3305494 - 07/29/13 02:40 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

I typically don't care for dogs. However, I don't mind a well trained dog. One that's trained to be polite, good, not to jump on people, etc.

I know one couple who has a very well trained German Shepherd. Doesn't jump on people, is obedient, and good towards people. I actually like the dog. I was intimidated by it at first, but once I realized it was well trained, I grew to like the dog.

I know some people who don't train their dog and just let it go bonkers anytime company is around. I don't like that. I will not even sit down or relax until either the dog calms down or is put up.

#3305567 - 07/29/13 03:57 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

What I meant was that a dog owner with manners will take their own dog away if it is causing a problem.

And what I'm saying is, how would the dog owner know their dog is a problem? Most "bad" dog owners I've encountered have no concept their dog's presence is "unwanted" by others (or perhaps they know and simply don't care).

Quote:
My dog is very well trained and does not bother folks. If she were to ever bother people then I would take her elsewhere.

Unfortunately, that's the case in many, many dog maulings. The dog has never been aggressive towards anybody and has always behaved. And then one day, something triggers an instinctive reaction and someone gets severely injured or killed, and too often that person is a child.

Quote:
If it is legal and if she ain't being a pest, I have every right to take my dog with me.

A "Right?" No, just because something is legal doesn't mean it's a Right.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue I suppose.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3305634 - 07/29/13 04:50 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: DirtyBear0311]
BSK
Non-Typical

Perhaps true. But just remember, even if it's "legal," not everyone wants to sit next your dog at a public event. It's just a courtesy issue.

#3305638 - 07/29/13 04:52 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Perhaps true. But just remember, even if it's "legal," not everyone wants to sit next your dog at a public event. It's just a courtesy issue.

x2

Page 7 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (riverman1, Eric Kilby, nwsg76, feathersandfur2214, E71A, 280longshot, 9 invisible) and 108 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93152 Topics
1088107 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.