Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3303088 - 07/26/13 03:21 PM The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

I'm sure some will disagree but I can't stand the new fad of people thinking they can take their dog into EVERY store and to sporting events.

Was in Lowes today and see two dogs exchanging butt-sniffs in the lumber aisle. Both owners watching like they are so proud of Mitzy and Bruno. Then have to go to Michaels Craft store (cuz I'm an artsy fartsy kinda guy) and some woman has her freaking dog barrelling down the aisles.

This past spring at my daughters city league soccer champ game there were two fights and two game interuptions because somebody's freaking dog ran after the ball on the field. Everyone just laughed but I raised heck about it... and of course I was the bad guy.

I just see it as part of the counter culture of society. There's quite a few people that treat their dogs like they are their kid.

I like dogs, I got two of them but they DON'T get hauled to any/every public place or event.

Rant over.

#3303092 - 07/26/13 03:23 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

BuckWild has been known to bring his dog to the neighborhood bar.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3303100 - 07/26/13 03:33 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
I'm sure some will disagree but I can't stand the new fad of people thinking they can take their dog into EVERY store and to sporting events.

Was in Lowes today and see two dogs exchanging butt-sniffs in the lumber aisle. Both owners watching like they are so proud of Mitzy and Bruno. Then have to go to Michaels Craft store (cuz I'm an artsy fartsy kinda guy) and some woman has her freaking dog barrelling down the aisles.

This past spring at my daughters city league soccer champ game there were two fights and two game interuptions because somebody's freaking dog ran after the ball on the field. Everyone just laughed but I raised heck about it... and of course I was the bad guy.

I just see it as part of the counter culture of society. There's quite a few people that treat their dogs like they are their kid.

I like dogs, I got two of them but they DON'T get hauled to any/every public place or event.

Rant over.

On the bright side, be glad it's just dogs. Can you imagine if those people brought their kids out into public?

Then again, my four legged dog is better behaved than most peoples' kids......and he's not that well behaved of a dog, either.

#3303133 - 07/26/13 04:03 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion, but I completely agree. I don't want to be confronted by everyones 60-100# dog every time I go in a store or to a kids' ballgame.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3303150 - 07/26/13 04:16 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

i hate it too. We have people bring them into work. One even took a big dump out in the lobby one day.

#3303156 - 07/26/13 04:22 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: BSK

I'm sure it won't be a popular opinion, but I completely agree. I don't want to be confronted by everyones 60-100# dog every time I go in a store or to a kids' ballgame.

Or even the 2 lb ankle biters.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3303164 - 07/26/13 04:29 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: MUP]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
 Originally Posted By: BSK

Or even the 2 lb ankle biters.

At least the damage a poorly trained 2-pounder can do is considerably less than a wolf-sized one.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3303209 - 07/26/13 05:32 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: BSK]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

I carried my Lab "Bunk" into PetCo[Jackson Tn] without a leash about 10 years ago. the manager confronted me as soon as we entered the store with him stating that all dogs had to be on a leash, I said ok but watch this first, I comanded Bunk to sit and I went to the rear of the store and picked up a large sack of dog food, went to the cashier and paid for item, went to the front door and hit the whistle with a "tweet-tweet", Bunk arose from the sit position and walked on my left side to the jeep. from this I now have special privileges at the Jackson store, Bunk is sorta the store mascot now

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3303230 - 07/26/13 05:52 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Chaneylake]
Gravey
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford / Wilson County Lin...

Petsmart is fine and I've seen Bunk and he is one of a kind. That said we're in Fort Walton and last night had dinner in Destin at AJ's. I look up and 3 tables down a family comes in and they have a full size poodle with them. I couldnt believe a restaraunt would allow it unless it was a seeing eye dog and this obviously wasn't.

#3303236 - 07/26/13 06:06 PM Re: The Take Your Dog Everywhere Revolution [Re: Gravey]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

I thought any place that served food, pets coudnt be brought in because of health reasons. I do agree that pets shouldnt be allowed in most places. However, I think dogs should be allowed at any outdoor event. I dont really see it as "counter culture" though, I just see it as folks wanting to take their friends with them because they like being with them.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (cozy23, alkiller, hillbill, grunt'n gator, 3 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.