Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3301314 - 07/24/13 09:49 PM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: JC5810]
SPickle
6 Point

Loc: dandridge

There are several men in our church that have been appointed to carry. Ex military,policemen and a few known gun toters. But I carry mine. There are to many crazy people in this world

#3301317 - 07/24/13 09:52 PM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: Jon]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

Most of the church's here in town have uniformed guards, mostly off duty LEO's in the parking lots or inside.
Call me what you may, but I never see any in the colored/black churchs

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3301627 - 07/25/13 09:18 AM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: landman]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

A church shooting did happen in Knoxville back in 2008. We do have a few that carry at our church and the preacheris well aware.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3301634 - 07/25/13 09:34 AM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: Crow Terminator]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
Even though he was a sick man...he still has a soul and maybe all he needed was to get right with the Lord and then he would stop that stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Even satan has a soul, brother. Sometimes the lost may need to be shown the way.
And sometimes that 'way' is a little more physical than other times.

I'm a very religious man and would not disrespect a house of the Lord. However, I do believe He puts us here to do His work. And sometimes His work may be explaining in no uncertain terms to a sexual predator that the church grounds are off-limits for his 'hunting'.
And just to be clear...I'm talking about one or more of those types of people who may be members of the church who could be considered "rough sorts" of people having a little conversation with the fellow out on the parking lot about why being there is not a good idea.

Christ laid out a pathway for that fellow to follow so he can go to heaven without ever entering your church.

If God lays it on your church's heart to reach out to the guy, then so be it and follow Gods direction.
But it's more likely that the guy believes he has found a fertile hunting ground based on past experience, and is exploring it.

There are some people out there that can't be fixed by man. Only God can do that. Sexual child predators are the worst offenders... and from what I understand, their rate of rehabilitation is about zero percent.

The big question you have to ask is "what if?". What if he is allowed into the church and you find out later that he molested some kids and you knew that he was a predator when he came through the doors?

God has given you and the other church members the task of keeping those kids safe, as well as other church members. Don't fail him in that most important duty.

Just my opinion....

Edited by BlackBelt (07/25/13 09:42 AM)

#3301669 - 07/25/13 10:11 AM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: Crow Terminator]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
We had a guy come in our church a few months ago. One of the members thought he recognized him from somewhere but couldn't put his finger on it at the time. We welcomed him and invited him back after service. Then the guy placed where he knew him from: the newspaper. The visitor had been caught 3 times trying to abduct little kids; he had done it twice at other churches and once at a local park. He wasn't even suppose to be within so many feet of kids. He had always been caught before he could do anything sexual to the kids. Anyway this brought a bit of talk between the church since we have quite a few young kids there. Even though he was a sick man...he still has a soul and maybe all he needed was to get right with the Lord and then he would stop that stuff. But at the same time, we didn't want to be the church where he got his first successful abduction. So when he came back, some of us men took him to the side and had a talk with him. We let him know very civil like, that we knew who he was, and what he had been in trouble for. We told him he was welcome to come to church...but that the whole church would be informed of what he had done in the past and if he was okay with that, he could keep coming. If not...then it would be best to go away. He hasn't been back...but ever since then, we have had folks rotating out guard duty at the entrance of our Sunday School classes, to keep somebody unknown from heading that way.

Our pastor said he wasn't going to ask people to bring their guns but wasn't going to mind if anybody did either.

Very interesting Crow. The same guy was at our Church Sunday. We will have to do the same thing if he comes back.

#3301682 - 07/25/13 10:15 AM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

If he is not supposed to be within so many feet of a meeting place that has kids, or near kids, thats why he did not come back. He does not want to go back to jail. If you know this to be true, call the police and have him arrested. I like the death penalty for convicted pedophiles, but hey thats just me.

John 15:13

#3301691 - 07/25/13 10:25 AM Re: Handgun carry in church? [Re: landman]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: landman
Most of the church's here in town have uniformed guards, mostly off duty LEO's in the parking lots or inside.
Call me what you may, but I never see any in the colored/black churchs

This surprises me. I have seen no evidence of this around where I live. It's a drty shame that it has come to this but these are the times we live in.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (eddie c, redblood, DANO63, Model 1, Snowwolfe, MUP, 8 invisible) and 111 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88879 Topics
1039707 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.225 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.