Tndeer Logo

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#3309711 - 08/02/13 10:27 AM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Yea, that also had to be zero fun. So I take it you tried to move it off the track before the train hit it? must of been a nice 4 wheeler

#3309780 - 08/02/13 12:04 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: MattR]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: MattR
Yea, that also had to be zero fun. So I take it you tried to move it off the track before the train hit it? must of been a nice 4 wheeler

I first actually jumped on the ATV (brand new). But when I glanced up, I realized the train was right on top of me and I wasn't going to have time to start it and get it in gear. So I jumped off, grabbed the front and rear racks, and started dragging it sideways away from the tracks. All of a sudden, I wasn't hanging on to it anymore. My hands were just empty, and the train was whipping by about a foot from my face. Never felt a thing--not a jerk or thump or anything.

When the realization finally struck that the train had hit my ATV, I looked down the tracks and saw my ATV flying about 150 feet through the air. I still can't understand why the ATV didn't explode into pieces. The train just "tossed it," and it landed on it's tires in a muddy ditch.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3309788 - 08/02/13 12:17 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Yea, it didn't look as bad as I would figure it would have. You for sure had someone looking out for you that day

Edited by MattR (08/02/13 12:17 PM)

#3309817 - 08/02/13 12:45 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: MattR
Yea, it didn't look as bad as I would figure it would have. You for sure had someone looking out for you that day

The train just clipped the front corner (I had the ATV about 2-3 feet away from the tracks when it got hit).

Yeah, I must be a cat with 9 lives. I think I've only got or two left though. The day before the "train incident," I was struck twice by a cottonmouth in the left ankle. Thank you Rocky Snake Boots!

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3309865 - 08/02/13 02:25 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: BSK]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
The day before the "train incident," I was struck twice by a cottonmouth in the left ankle.

Somewhat akin to being struck by lighting on a beautiful sunshiny day, too, as that cottonmouth got you during late December?

Folks, I'm telling you, if you value your safety, best to stay a long way away from BSK! \:D
Every day, he is an accident looking for a place to happen!

#3309876 - 08/02/13 02:31 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: Wes Parrish]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
The day before the "train incident," I was struck twice by a cottonmouth in the left ankle.

Somewhat akin to being struck by lighting on a beautiful sunshiny day, too, as that cottonmouth got you during late December?

I think it was around January 12th. A sudden sunny warm day when temps climbed into the mid 70s. I walked across a small pond's earthen dam, and the cottonmouth was curled up sunning himself on the dam. Never saw him until he got me.

#3310117 - 08/02/13 06:45 PM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: BSK]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

I think BSK and Shelby from Axe Men need to hookup and work together.
#3310504 - 08/03/13 09:15 AM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: Poleaxe]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

BSK,

Were there any consequences from the railroad company? Was there a report filed or anything of that nature?

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3310506 - 08/03/13 09:26 AM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: Poser]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Poser
BSK,

Were there any consequences from the railroad company? Was there a report filed or anything of that nature?

Consequences? You should have seen the litany of police cars, railroad officials, and ambulances lined up when I went back to recover the ATV! They already knew who owned the ATV (called Honda with the VIN). They were going to arrest me for being on the tracks. The train conductor was convinced he had killed me and rescue workers were looking up in trees for my body. Yeah, there were consequences! Luckily, in the end, everyone just wrote it off as being a bad experience (I was told the train engineer was seriously traumatized, thinking he had killed me) and no charges were filed. I really had no idea it was literally illegal to be on a railroad track right-of-way at any location other than a crossing.

#3310544 - 08/03/13 10:38 AM Re: Best hunting lie you've ever heard [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Poser
BSK,

Consequences? You should have seen the litany of police cars, railroad officials, and ambulances lined up when I went back to recover the ATV! They already knew who owned the ATV (called Honda with the VIN). They were going to arrest me for being on the tracks. The train conductor was convinced he had killed me and rescue workers were looking up in trees for my body. Yeah, there were consequences! Luckily, in the end, everyone just wrote it off as being a bad experience (I was told the train engineer was seriously traumatized, thinking he had killed me) and no charges were filed. I really had no idea it was literally illegal to be on a railroad track right-of-way at any location other than a crossing.
Now, I bet you wouldn't walk or ride down a track again even if it was legal

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Prowler, Vermin93, Doc Stone, BamaProud, cdw338, bigbuck5) and 55 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94018 Topics
1098238 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.149 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.