Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3302807 - 07/26/13 10:50 AM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Stalkhunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

content Online
NOTHING the government does is efficient.

As for laying off 400K are you saying ya'll would be too lazy to get another job? Seems to me a mail carrier would be the perfect candidate for a Fed Ex position.

Face it, most people get gub'ment jobs for the milk and honey benefits. The cold hard facts are that the nation can't sustain these benefits much longer.

#3302883 - 07/26/13 11:59 AM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
NOTHING the government does is efficient.

As for laying off 400K are you saying ya'll would be too lazy to get another job? Seems to me a mail carrier would be the perfect candidate for a Fed Ex position.

Face it, most people get gub'ment jobs for the milk and honey benefits. The cold hard facts are that the nation can't sustain these benefits much longer.

Once again the nation does not pay with tax payer dollars for the post office,

So shut down fire dept, police forc , military fbi cis nsa and so on . those are tax payer dollars and all the over paid city workers.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3302956 - 07/26/13 01:08 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Stalkhunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The USPS ran a $16 BILLION deficit last year.

There is no way it can continue on this path without receiving tax dollars, major cutbacks and/or rate hikes in the future.

No, a private company could not do this. It's called "Bankruptcy". A quazi-govt. company can only do it for a while. Bills, pension etc WILL come due and the only resource for revenue is the tax payer.

#3303048 - 07/26/13 02:36 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Crappie Luck]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
The USPS ran a $16 BILLION deficit last year.

There is no way it can continue on this path without receiving tax dollars, major cutbacks and/or rate hikes in the future.

No, a private company could not do this. It's called "Bankruptcy". A quazi-govt. company can only do it for a while. Bills, pension etc WILL come due and the only resource for revenue is the tax payer.

correct

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3303057 - 07/26/13 02:46 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Stalkhunter]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Originally Posted By: Stalkhunter
Please enlighten me as to what is junk mail. advertisements, sales papers, cabela's magazines, cheaper then dirt, bass pro flyer's, Home depot, lowes and so on. Hmmmm so if your in construction business and the owner and you send out flyer advertising you work, we should say sorry its junk mail were not going to deliver it. So do you realize how many companies depend on us to bring in customers for them.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/junk+mail

Pretty obvious to most people junk mail is just like spam on your computer,or sales calls to your home or cell phone. It is wasting a lot of people's time,money and resources.Back in the day it was door to door salesmen. I don't want to put anyone out of work.Machine's and technology have already done that. The system is broken as in lo$ing money big time $$$.The taxpayers are the ones carrying the system. To fix the system we have to be able to decide where money is being wasted .IMO Junk mail is a waste of time money and resources.It wastes the paper it is printed on,the gas it takes to ship and deliver it. It waste's time at the post office sorting it and delivering .We all know time is money.I am by no means a financial expert.I do have enough common sense to realize that the taxpayers are paying the costs to get unwanted mail delivered to my house marked "Resident".If someone is going to make money from Bulk mailings they should have to pay a reasonable rate .Politicians should have to pay double the normal rate. Just my opinon and I'm sticking to it.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3303062 - 07/26/13 02:53 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The USPS does receive an "Indirect" subsidy in that the taxpayer picks up the difference in postage costs where the USPS gives companies a discount on bulk mail (junk mail).

The one tax payer funded portion of the USPS happens to also be the part no one seems to care if it goes away ;\)

#3303158 - 07/26/13 04:23 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Crappie Luck]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

A Day in the Life of the U.S. Postal Service
Each day, the Postal Service picks up, processes and delivers millions of letters and packages. No single operation in the world comes close to this level of connectivity to so many households and businesses. Here’s just ONE day in the life of the United States Postal Service (figures are averages):

215 million — revenue received, in dollars
157 million — dollars paid to postal employees in salaries and benefits
528 million — number of mailpieces processed and delivered
22 million — average number of mailpieces processed each hour
366,000 —average number of mailpieces processed each minute
6,100 — average number of mailpieces processed each second
226.7 million — pieces of First-Class Mail processed and delivered
262.4 million — pieces of Advertising Mail processed and delivered
727,167 —number of packages picked up through Package Pickup
4.3 million — number of miles driven by letter carriers and truck drivers
7,753 — number of letter carriers who deliver mail entirely on foot — The USPS Fleet of Feet
130,592 — number of address changes processed
2,160 — number of addresses added to our delivery network
1 million - number of peple who visit usps.com
809,210 — dollar amount of online stamp and retail sales at usps.com
1.6 million — amount of money spent on postage for Click-N-Ship labels
44.1 million — number of Click-N-Ship labels printed
18,750 — number of passport applications accepted
358,553 — number of money orders issued
1.6 million — dollars spent at Self-Service Kiosks in Post Office lobbies
3.2 million — customers served at more the 31,000 retail locations
0 — tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service

A self-supporting government enterprise, the U.S. Postal Service is the only delivery service that reaches every address in the nation: 152 million residences, businesses and Post Office Boxes. The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations. With more than 31,000 retail locations and the most frequently visited website in the federal government, usps.com, the Postal Service has annual revenue of more than $65 billion and delivers nearly 40 percent of the world’s mail. If it were a private sector company, the U.S. Postal Service would rank 42nd in the 2012 Fortune 500.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3303160 - 07/26/13 04:25 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

I can hammer facts all day.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3303210 - 07/26/13 05:33 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: WestTn Huntin'man
 Originally Posted By: Stalkhunter
Please enlighten me as to what is junk mail. advertisements, sales papers, cabela's magazines, cheaper then dirt, bass pro flyer's, Home depot, lowes and so on. Hmmmm so if your in construction business and the owner and you send out flyer advertising you work, we should say sorry its junk mail were not going to deliver it. So do you realize how many companies depend on us to bring in customers for them.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/junk+mail

Pretty obvious to most people junk mail is just like spam on your computer,or sales calls to your home or cell phone. It is wasting a lot of people's time,money and resources.Back in the day it was door to door salesmen. I don't want to put anyone out of work.Machine's and technology have already done that. The system is broken as in lo$ing money big time $$$.The taxpayers are the ones carrying the system. To fix the system we have to be able to decide where money is being wasted .IMO Junk mail is a waste of time money and resources.It wastes the paper it is printed on,the gas it takes to ship and deliver it. It waste's time at the post office sorting it and delivering .We all know time is money.I am by no means a financial expert.I do have enough common sense to realize that the taxpayers are paying the costs to get unwanted mail delivered to my house marked "Resident".If someone is going to make money from Bulk mailings they should have to pay a reasonable rate .Politicians should have to pay double the normal rate. Just my opinon and I'm sticking to it.

The USPS does get some taxpayer support. Around $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3303211 - 07/26/13 05:34 PM Re: No more mail at your door? Delivery changes eyed [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Look, the USPS is an Agency!
The USPS is created as a government agency under Title 39, Section 101.1 of the United States Code which states, in part:

(a) The United States Postal Service shall be operated as a basic and fundamental service provided to the people by the Government of the United States, authorized by the Constitution, created by Act of Congress, and supported by the people. The Postal Service shall have as its basic function the obligation to provide postal services to bind the Nation together through the personal, educational, literary, and business correspondence of the people. It shall provide prompt, reliable, and efficient services to patrons in all areas and shall render postal services to all communities. The costs of establishing and maintaining the Postal Service shall not be apportioned to impair the overall value of such service to the people.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (Backstrapcrazy, TNlandowner, RiverRat213, MIDDLEFORK, infoman jr., TN Larry, 11 invisible) and 130 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91341 Topics
1067847 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.