Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3297869 - 07/21/13 05:24 PM DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS
Dannyt
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee United St...

In the subject area of the post it is limited to the size of the title. However, this applies to not only disabled veterans or veterans wounded in action, but also anyone with a disablility that confines them to a wheelchair.
STEPS FOR DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION FOR HUNTS:

1. GO TO WEBSITE: http://www.huntersdeerblind.com
2. CLICK ON THE WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE HUNTING BLIND/2013
HUNTS PAGE.
3. CLICK ON APPLICATION FOR HUNT. ALL FIVE HUNTS ARE LISTED
ON DIFFERENT PAGES FOR YOUR VIEWING AND CHOOSING.
4. PRINT THE APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS ON THE
APPLICATION.

I WOULD LIKE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT TENN.BOY ON THE TN.DEER WEBSITE AND THE MEMBERS OF HIS HUNTING CLUB HAVE DONATED A TROPHY HUNT IN OHIO FOR A DISABLED VETERAN. VETERANS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED IN ACTION NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS HUNT THAT WILL TAKE PLACE ON DECEMBER 2nd and 3rd, 2013.

Go to my website at http://www.huntersdeerblind.com and go to the WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE HUNTING BLIND/2013 HUNTS PAGE and download the application, fill it out and send it to the address on the application. A hunter will be selected from the applications and notified. PLEASE NOTE ON THE APPLICATION WHICH HUNT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR AND NOTE ON THE APPLICATION YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.

If you do not need the instruction manual and/or the DVD that I sell to help fund these hunts and would like to help, Yahoo has help me set up a DONATE button on my website on the HOME PAGE. I am doing 5 disabled hunts this season in Ohio, Tennessee, and Kentucky and any help would be appreciated. The instruction manual is $12.95 or the Instruction Manual and DVD is $19.95 and each has free shipping. PROFITS FROM THESE SALES HELP FUND THE HUNTS.
Thanks TENN.BOY for your help. This is a great contribution to this project and this can only come from the heart.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS. PLEASE HELP ME HELP OUR DISABLED VETERANS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH SOME MUCH NEEDED RECREATION.

DANNYT

L&T EDUCATIONAL CONCEPTS
P.O. BOX 1349
POWELL, TN 37849

SCHEDULED HUNTS

HUNT # 1 KENTUCKY TROPHY HUNT NOV. 11th & 12th, 2013 MODERN GUN
UPPER JOHNS CREEK PIKE COUNTY, KY

HUNT # 2 KENTUCKY TROPHY HUNT NOV. 15TH & 16TH, 2013 MODERN GUN
LOWER JOHNS CREEK PIKE COUNTY, KY

HUNT # 3 TENNESSEE HUNT NOV. 23rd & 24th, 2013
GUN, MUZZLELOADER AND ARCHERY

HUNT # 4 OHIO TROPHY HUNT DEC. 2nd & 3rd, 2013
ADAMS COUNTY, OHIO SHOTGUN/MUZZLELOADER

HUNT # 5 TENNESSEE HUNT DEC. 22nd & 23rd, 2013
GUN, MUZZLELOADER AND ARCHERY EITHER SEX ON DEC. 23, 2013

#3300148 - 07/23/13 08:25 PM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: Dannyt]
amattis13
4 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Danny - please reach out to me if you need help finding guys to take, etc.

I am a Wounded Warrior myself and understand the therapy associated with getting back in the woods. Anything I can do to assist you in putting this together, please let me know. I have helped develop several events and programs over the years.

Thanks again for your compassion!
-AM

----------
+ http://www.orionskin.com
+ Facebook: Adam Mattis - Hunt Athlete
+ Instagram: amattis13
+ Twitter: amattis13

#3303876 - 07/27/13 02:39 PM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: amattis13]
Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Normandy Tn.

Just askin. I am a 65 y/o Vietnam vet with a 70% service connected disability as determined by the VA. I have a TWRA disabled veteran permanent hunting/fishing license to which I have just added a lifetime sportsman license.
Turns out that time really doesn't heal all wounds. Some things just get worse over time and that seems to be especially true if you sprinkle a little agent orange into the mix. Surgery and health problems have pretty much put the skids to my hunting the last 3-4 years but I'm hoping to get back in the woods.
Questions:
Is the wounded warrior program exclusively for Iraq and Afghanistan vets?
I am not totally and permanently confined to a wheelchair as I can stand and walk short distances (10-15yds.) slowly.
I recently retired and was able to splurge on a (camo)S/S ATV. My idea being that I could use it to get back in the woods so my main need is hunting and ATV permission. Not real wealthy but might be able to come up with some permit or lease money if not too steep. Any ideas?

#3304123 - 07/27/13 07:11 PM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: Old Timer]
Dannyt
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee United St...

Old Timer,

Thanks for responding. I am not associated with the wounded warrior program. This is something that I do to help the veterans.

You do not have to be confined to a wheelchair to do one of these hunts.

The last disabled veterans hunt we did in December of last year was a 74 year old man from North Carolina who had served in Germany.

Go to my website and downlaod the application and send it to me. As far as lease property, I do not know of any at present.

Thank You

Dannyt
http://www.huntersdeerblind.com

#3304141 - 07/27/13 07:34 PM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: Dannyt]
Old Timer
8 Point

Thank you very much for the response Danny. I don't have a printer but may be able to find someone who does. Thanks again.

#3308207 - 07/31/13 08:29 PM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: Old Timer]
Fordman
12 Point

Loc: Rockvale,tn

Originally Posted By: Old Timer

Just askin. I am a 65 y/o Vietnam vet with a 70% service connected disability as determined by the VA. I have a TWRA disabled veteran permanent hunting/fishing license to which I have just added a lifetime sportsman license.
Turns out that time really doesn't heal all wounds. Some things just get worse over time and that seems to be especially true if you sprinkle a little agent orange into the mix. Surgery and health problems have pretty much put the skids to my hunting the last 3-4 years but I'm hoping to get back in the woods.
Questions:
I am not totally and permanently confined to a wheelchair as I can stand and walk short distances (10-15yds.) slowly.
I recently retired and was able to splurge on a (camo)S/S ATV. My idea being that I could use it to get back in the woods so my main need is hunting and ATV permission. Not real wealthy but might be able to come up with some permit or lease money if not too steep. Any ideas?

Old timer you need a place to hunt this fall reach out to me. I have several blinds that we can get you in here in Bedford country and I will help you get a deer out of need be,

#3314405 - 08/07/13 07:08 AM Re: DISABLED VETERANS NEED TO APPLY FOR FREE HUNTS [Re: Fordman]
Old Timer
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Fordman
 Originally Posted By: Old Timer

Questions:

Old timer you need a place to hunt this fall reach out to me. I have several blinds that we can get you in here in Bedford country and I will help you get a deer out of need be,

Fordman-
Thanks much. I can't seem to get IMs to work. Please E-mail me @ keim3tn@aol.com or let me know how to contact you. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
51 registered (chrmayo, tndeerman, bigasports, MObowman, 156p&y, cdw338, 8 invisible) and 101 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89172 Topics
1042820 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.