Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3299953 - 07/23/13 04:16 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

No License, no Documents. The only question I have is why did the Judge turn them loose????

#3299957 - 07/23/13 04:23 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: doubledownranch]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

The best thing to do is write letters to the Editor and say what you are saying here. I see he has a facebook that is another way to let him know what we think about him and his one sided views.

#3299979 - 07/23/13 04:58 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: KPH]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I replied to this ridiculous article. Here is my response;

I found this article here; http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3299877&page=1&gonew=1#UNREAD .

David Cook sounds like a little girly man who spent far too much time indoors as a child. So these men, being that they aren't white, weren't breaking the law severely enough to deserve a citation? Perhaps David Cook thinks the definition of 'fishing' doesn't apply since they weren't in a boat or using artificial lures. It also seems to Mr. Cook that a recently expired license should allow one to fish without being harassed by the authorities.

Cook also seems to have a problem with Tennessee fishing regulations differing from those in Mexico (well, supposedly differing since Cook shows no sign of verifying these claims), and perhaps it should have been okay to fish without a license since they were feeding their families. Is Cook suggesting permanently removing the fish from the water is okay to do so without a license, but catch and release should require a license?

Cook also referred to himself as a 'good Southerner.' Mr. Cook, I hardly think so. Here in the south, the 'good' residents have common sense and don't race-bait the authorities and spew some twisted liberal anti-American logic when we get caught fishing without a license. Like any TRULY GOOD Southerner, we simply accept our fate and ask the Possum Po-Po "how many more of us have you caught today?"

#3299984 - 07/23/13 05:03 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: Sako]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Sako
Funny... I went into a Asian market here in West Knoxville on Saturday... I was surprised to find live Striper in a tank and others in the fish counter on ice for sale... they also had fresh large mouth bass for sale on ice and a whole lot of carp.... made me think, wonder what lake they are getting those from.

Who did you report the violations to?

#3300092 - 07/23/13 07:21 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: scn]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: scn
Funny... I went into a Asian market here in West Knoxville on Saturday... I was surprised to find live Striper in a tank and others in the fish counter on ice for sale... they also had fresh large mouth bass for sale on ice and a whole lot of carp.... made me think, wonder what lake they are getting those from.

I did not know it was a violation.... (part of the reason posting was if it was, I thought someone would speak up)... It is the Sun Rise Market on Kingston Pike... 8509 Kingsotn Pike Knoxville. I will call the region office tomorrow.

#3300107 - 07/23/13 07:46 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: Headhunter]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
I will say it (not sure about brown) but the Asian population is destroying fisheries here in middle Tennessee and do not care.

That is a fact PERIOD

how can twra do anyting to them when they are not suppose to be here

they need to be fined to all hell

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3300111 - 07/23/13 07:52 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: Sako]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
Thank you. I'll check in with them as well.

The carp, if purchased from a commercial fisherman or commercial fish deal would be legal. If taken by sport fishermen or bow fishing-illegal.

The striper is illegal if it is striped bass. If it is striped bass x white bass cross (hybrid) from an aquaculture source, it is legal. We've seen some live and on ice hybrids at asian markets in Memphis that were legal. Most are in the 1-4# range. If they were much larger than that, my guess would be illegal striped bass.

The largemouth bass are 100% illegal.

The illegal sale of gamefish is a statewide problem in both ethnic and traditional markets. If anybody runs across such, if they will give me a call at (615) 781-6580 I'll get it checked out.

Some of the stuff we check on turns out to be legal, or at least they have paperwork to cover it. But, some of it is illegal fish coming from our waters.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Edited by scn (07/23/13 07:54 PM)

#3300142 - 07/23/13 08:21 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: scn]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

What a bunch of baloney. Illegal aliens, performing an illegal activity are arrested and Cook has a problem with it? I doubt he really cared. He is just trying to cash in..........

#3300144 - 07/23/13 08:25 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: scn]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Thank you. I'll check in with them as well.

The carp, if purchased from a commercial fisherman or commercial fish deal would be legal. If taken by sport fishermen or bow fishing-illegal.

The striper is illegal if it is striped bass. If it is striped bass x white bass cross (hybrid) from an aquaculture source, it is legal. We've seen some live and on ice hybrids at asian markets in Memphis that were legal. Most are in the 1-4# range. If they were much larger than that, my guess would be illegal striped bass.

The largemouth bass are 100% illegal.

The illegal sale of gamefish is a statewide problem in both ethnic and traditional markets. If anybody runs across such, if they will give me a call at (615) 781-6580 I'll get it checked out.

Some of the stuff we check on turns out to be legal, or at least they have paperwork to cover it. But, some of it is illegal fish coming from our waters.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I will be in that store tomorrow, my wife wants to go. I will look around and give you a call. From what I have heard, they have some other questionable items like snake heads (reptile not fish) for sale.

#3300146 - 07/23/13 08:25 PM Re: Bizarre Editorial About TWRA Officers [Re: scn]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

I was about to ask the same thing. lol

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (Hatchee, Snake, Claims Rep., Vermin93, Lincoln Co Archer, Dale3, 6 invisible) and 76 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93197 Topics
1089385 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.123 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.