Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 9 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3295706 - 07/19/13 08:07 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: BSK]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Loc: Spring Hill / Perry Co

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
Seems like its getting kind of dry in the Perry co area,showers and fronts just missing my place lately.

Sure is for your area. Perry County is at the core of the driest part of the Midstate, receiving only around an inch of rain since the beginning of July.

We have definitely missed most of the rain at my place in Perry County. Luckily we had a wet spring so things arenít too bad yet. I planted some eagle seed beans and only got a sprinkle on them in over 3 weeks after planting. Somehow there is still some germinating. Meanwhile at my house in Williamson County we have been having monsoons.

#3295722 - 07/19/13 08:28 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: Bayou Buck]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

Originally Posted By: Bayou Buck
Seems like its getting kind of dry in the Perry co area,showers and fronts just missing my place lately.

Sure is for your area. Perry County is at the core of the driest part of the Midstate, receiving only around an inch of rain since the beginning of July.

We have definitely missed most of the rain at my place in Perry County. Luckily we had a wet spring so things arenít too bad yet. I planted some eagle seed beans and only got a sprinkle on them in over 3 weeks after planting. Somehow there is still some germinating. Meanwhile at my house in Williamson County we have been having monsoons.

We must have gotten a little bit more at our place in Hickman. Our corn is about 7.5 feet tall with 2 ears a stalk. I don know how though, as we have missed most all the rain! Makes me mad how every time I see rain around the mid-state, it's NEVER around us and we seem to be the only ones not getting it! Oh well, I think overall things could be much worse. If the beans are just sprouting, could it be the deer are hammering them too? A lot of deer around there

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3295732 - 07/19/13 08:39 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN

We must have gotten a little bit more at our place in Hickman. Our corn is about 7.5 feet tall with 2 ears a stalk. I don know how though, as we have missed most all the rain! Makes me mad how every time I see rain around the mid-state, it's NEVER around us and we seem to be the only ones not getting it! Oh well, I think overall things could be much worse. If the beans are just sprouting, could it be the deer are hammering them too? A lot of deer around there

I planted 4 weeks ago from tomorrow and have got less than .5" of rain on them. If we get some of this rain this weekend I think they will we great. I am getting tired of looking at the forcast and seeing a 60-70% chance of rain and then getting none. I have lots (hundreds of acres) of younger cutover around me so that takes the pressure off the beans.

#3295757 - 07/19/13 08:52 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: Bayou Buck]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN

I planted 4 weeks ago from tomorrow and have got less than .5" of rain on them. If we get some of this rain this weekend I think they will we great. I am getting tired of looking at the forcast and seeing a 60-70% chance of rain and then getting none. I have lots (hundreds of acres) of younger cutover around me so that takes the pressure off the beans.

Keep us updated. We are thinking about doing a mixture of corn and beans next spring. We too have several hundred acres around us that has been cut and is in its 2nd - 4th year of growth. I'll be down there this weekend to get a lot of work done. If it happens to rain, it won't bother me a bit.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3296641 - 07/20/13 09:35 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

It's hard for me to imagine some parts of the state being dry. I gave up on Spring/Summer plots this year because of rain. All but one of my plots still has water standing on them.
#3298340 - 07/22/13 07:36 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: Hunter 257W]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Both Perry and Humphreys counties getting EXCELLENT rainfall this morning. Parts of both counties got some good rainfall totals Sunday as well (an inch plus up and down the Highway 13 corridor from Linden to Waverly).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3298395 - 07/22/13 08:38 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: BSK]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Both Perry and Humphreys counties getting EXCELLENT rainfall this morning. Parts of both counties got some good rainfall totals Sunday as well (an inch plus up and down the Highway 13 corridor from Linden to Waverly).

Yup, looks like the farm has got at least a shower for 3 days straight and and heavy rain today. Beans should take off now.

#3298431 - 07/22/13 09:13 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: Bayou Buck]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Yesterday we got a short sprinkle, as it went just north of us. Guy called this morning and said we had gotten atleast 3" and was still raining. Should be good for a while now!

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3298593 - 07/22/13 11:20 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Just when I think it couldn't be any better in my neck of the woods, it just keeps coming. \:\) Since my last post, there hasn't been 24 hours go by without at least an 8th inch of rain. If anything, we've had too much over the past 24 hours. This morning before work, I was going to check a trail cam, but the water was too high to drive across the creek. Actually, the water was about 4 feet deep where I normally can drive across in a car.
#3298636 - 07/22/13 11:52 AM Re: This Year's Antler Growing Conditions, BSK? [Re: Wes Parrish]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Some parts of Perry County (Highway 13 corridor from Linden to Lobelville) got up to 4 inches of rain over the last 24 hours.

Almost all of Humphreys and Perry counties got at least 1.5 inches, and most areas over 2 inches.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 5 of 9 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (CAW, Vermin93, 1 invisible) and 88 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.