Topic Options
#3293688 - 07/17/13 07:19 AM Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Which side are you on?

http://www.dallasobserver.com/content/printVersion/3154669/

In a lawsuit filed on his behalf by Dallas attorney Steven M. Griggs in April, Anderton is seeking the return of his breeder permit and compensation for his deer. His complaint attacks the foundation of TPW regulatory authority over deer breeders the Texas statute that says all wildlife belongs to the state. "... A person's legally obtained property may be seized at any time by the state, without due process of law and without any administrative or legal remedy," he argues. This, he claims, violates his constitutional rights.

---

"But because game species like whitetail deer are no longer in danger of extinction, the industry wonders whether the prevailing public trust model is outdated."

---

"Academicians and wildlife scientists still have this attitude that is good in many ways but needs to evolve with the times."

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3293713 - 07/17/13 07:53 AM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: Poser]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

"... A person's legally obtained property may be seized at any time by the state, without due process of law and without any administrative or legal remedy," he argues. This, he claims, violates his constitutional rights.

Well, I'm definitely not for ^^this^^ for sure. I'm not sure of the rest of the details of his claim, the possible unknown "how's and why's", but I'm for sure not in support of my property being seized without due process of law, and, w/o any legal recourse.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3293718 - 07/17/13 07:55 AM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: MUP]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP
"... A person's legally obtained property may be seized at any time by the state, without due process of law and without any administrative or legal remedy," he argues. This, he claims, violates his constitutional rights.

Well, I'm definitely not for ^^this^^ for sure. I'm not sure of the rest of the details of his claim, the possible unknown "how's and why's", but I'm for sure not in support of my property being seized without due process of law, and, w/o any legal recourse.

Well, that is the question: Are those deer your property or do they belong to the people of Texas and managed by the state game agency?

#3293763 - 07/17/13 08:54 AM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: Poser]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

That's a tough one for sure...on one hand, they are state property, as the state does manage for the herd I guess, but, then again, while they are on my very own property, I wouldn't want anyone saying they could come across my land and take them, without asking and getting my permission first, and with a good reason.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3294125 - 07/17/13 04:07 PM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: MUP]
HuntingDicksonDTC
8 Point

Loc: Dickson

dont know if it was on here i read but kinda the same deal with netting turkeys, wildlife officials didnt have to ask your permission can just show up on your property & take them

Treat a man as he could be & he will become what he should be.

#3294261 - 07/17/13 07:00 PM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: Poser]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Poser
Which side are you on?

I'm deeply, deeply, DEEPLY and strongly opposed to commercial cervid farming and the translocation of cervids.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3294312 - 07/17/13 08:28 PM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: BSK]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

I don't know James Kroll, but the more I read about him, the more I'd like to kick him in the nuts.

#3294750 - 07/18/13 10:07 AM Re: Showdown: TX Deer Breeders vs. The People [Re: Poser]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

Originally Posted By: Poser
I don't know James Kroll, but the more I read about him, the more I'd like to kick him in the nuts.
Based on this, I'd say you are getting to know him pretty well. \:\)

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
173 registered (robinhedd, WhitesCreek, ADR, wayne, gobblegrunt, Bowhunter110, 12 invisible) and 266 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99429 Topics
1169626 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.