Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3288438 - 07/11/13 10:36 AM Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist?
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online

TSA Treats Uniformed, Purple Heart Marine Like a Terrorist

Posted on July 11, 2013

A wounded war veteran has described the moment security agents treated him like a ‘terrorist’ on a recent trip to California because he couldn’t raise his injured right arm in a full-body scanner and his dress uniform contained ‘too much metal.’

Cpl. Nathan Kemnitz was awarded a Purple Heart after he almost died in 2004 from an injury incurred from a roadside bomb in Fallujah, Iraq. The brave soldier recently traveled to Sacramento, California to receive another award as his district’s veteran of the year.

But, what should have been a celebratory experience was tainted when suspicious security workers at both the Sacramento International Airport and the California State Capitol Buildings subjected him to intense screenings and even ordered him to take off his uniform.

Because of the injury Kemnitz suffered in the blast, he can’t lift his right arm above his head, which has made getting through security lines increasingly difficult. ‘At some places I’m treated like royalty and at some like a terrorist. There’s got to be something in the middle,’ he said.

Screeners then continued to prod Kemnitz, looking under his metals, running their hands under his waistband and swabbing his shoes for explosives. His traveling partner, Patricia Martin, found the whole incident disturbing, and took pictures of the humiliating screening.

‘What does the uniform and heroism represent if our own citizens – in this case employees of the TSA and security personnel – have no regard for them?’ Martin wrote to Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki about the incident.

Read the rest at Daily Mail

Read more: http://savingourfuture.com/2013/07/tsa-t.../#ixzz2YkhDKIUE

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3288473 - 07/11/13 11:12 AM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: MUP]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion -

Wanna-bee TSA punks -

Edited by ferg (07/11/13 11:13 AM)

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3288538 - 07/11/13 11:57 AM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: ferg]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

What ferg said.

#3288626 - 07/11/13 01:21 PM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: RUGER]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

content Online
Hold on now. He set the detector off because of lots of metal in him. They then had to search him as they search everyone else. But because they cant use the walk-through screener, they had to use other methods. I know he is a wounded vet in a uniform but how hard would it be for a terrorist to get military uniforms? Valor thieves get uniforms all the time and claim to be something that they are not. I dont think that we as military vets should be able to just stroll wherever we want and have security be compromised because of that. It's too bad thatg this has to happen to the guy but in the end, it is needed and the TSA folks are just doing their job. Thats just my opinion though.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3288633 - 07/11/13 01:27 PM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: ferg]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Valid point imo. I guess everyone should be treated equally, as long as everyone does get treated equally.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3288709 - 07/11/13 02:39 PM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: MUP]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Actually according to our own DHS he does fit the profile of a terrorist. White, male, ex-military, etc. if he's also heterosexual, Christian, Tea Party this is the exact sort of person they want to profile.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3289807 - 07/12/13 07:04 PM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: de novo]
Grill-n-man
4 Point

Loc: rhea county tn

Just my 2 cents, but it seems to me that a military person, especially as many that are killed and/or wounded by IEDs,etc. would have a little more understanding of why anyone who is in any sort of a security position does their job. It blows my mind when you here of a vet, especially a wounded one, that claims they have been mistreated or harassed by some sort of security. Now I do agree that some security personel go a little overboard just as much as there are some military that claim to be a combat vet that aren't as well as those that have never been in the military and claim they were. You know when me and my wife flew out of Altanta air port several years ago and I was standing there holding my shorts up, no socks on, and a fellow on each side of me with an M4 all because what ended up as a gum wrapper in my pocket I didn't at all feel violated or harrased but felt pretty good about getting on that plane. I was a little embarrased as I drew a crowd. The thing we all need to remember is that everyone has a job to do and that terrorists don't come with a sign.

Edited by Grill-n-man (07/12/13 07:05 PM)

#3289814 - 07/12/13 07:14 PM Re: Decorated Marine treated like a terrorist? [Re: DirtyBear0311]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
 Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
Hold on now. He set the detector off because of lots of metal in him. They then had to search him as they search everyone else. But because they cant use the walk-through screener, they had to use other methods. I know he is a wounded vet in a uniform but how hard would it be for a terrorist to get military uniforms? Valor thieves get uniforms all the time and claim to be something that they are not. I dont think that we as military vets should be able to just stroll wherever we want and have security be compromised because of that. It's too bad thatg this has to happen to the guy but in the end, it is needed and the TSA folks are just doing their job. Thats just my opinion though.

I am not a vet but I agree with your assessment....

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308, TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1
13553 Registered Users
Who's Online
126 registered (Harvester, ruger7mag, ImThere, bcartervol98, tn red, Tnscooter63, 10 invisible) and 191 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13553 Members
42 Forums
99400 Topics
1169279 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.