Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3289760 - 07/12/13 05:51 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Trapper John]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Trapper John
I didn't expect a verdict tonight. I also got the feeling they pretty much knew already. I could be wrong, but that was my gut reaction. I don't think we'll have to wait long.

Same here.

The jury can vote first thing or set down and talk it out or anything they want.

Just because they went home for the night could mean anything but like said before they wanted to sleep on it before voting.

#3289767 - 07/12/13 05:57 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Wildcat]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

I think they didn't announce the verdict tonight so they could go tell their family and friends to get out of town before the SHTF

#3289775 - 07/12/13 06:08 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Eric Kilby]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

#3289782 - 07/12/13 06:15 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Eric Kilby]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
I think they didn't announce the verdict tonight so they could go tell their family and friends to get out of town before the SHTF

I'm sure they wish they could but they are sequestered and have no contact with the "outside world"

#3289788 - 07/12/13 06:24 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Crappie Luck]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
I don't put much stock in Jury watchers or evaluators but several have said two of the jurors visibly agreed with defense statments and did not do so witht he prosecution.

I now believe ZImmerman will walk, hung jury, instead of full acquittal. The State may re-try but that would depend upon how much the media cry's foul.

#3289805 - 07/12/13 06:56 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: DaveB]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Women jurors tend to be more analytical, less likely to default to preconceived notions, more open to discussion of the evidence. This is the first time they have been allowed to discuss the evidence amongst each other. They may well go through every piece of it before they even take a vote.

They get to decide for themselves what reasonable doubt means. They may spend a good deal of time discussing that.

Typically, the longer a jury is out, the worse it looks for the defendent. Once reason for this is some juries will take each element, and go through every piece of evidence diagraming what evidence supports the conclusion that each element has been met. Or there is disagreement which if not resolved results in hung jury.

If everybody is inclined to acquit....it can happen very quickly.

They are still within the bounds of reason. If it gets into midafternoon tomorrow without a decision....it starts looking bad for GZ. They may think they split the baby with manslaughter...but the reality is the sentence is just as stiff in FL.

#3289828 - 07/12/13 07:37 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Wildcat]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: Trapper John
I didn't expect a verdict tonight. I also got the feeling they pretty much knew already. I could be wrong, but that was my gut reaction. I don't think we'll have to wait long.

Same here.

The jury can vote first thing or set down and talk it out or anything they want.

Just because they went home for the night could mean anything but like said before they wanted to sleep on it before voting.

Yep, thought the same thing TJ. Didn't expect anything today.

#3289841 - 07/12/13 07:50 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: preds1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Just now found out that one of the jurors is married to a lawyer and another one has a son who is a lawyer.

Now if this is true then the odds are that one of them could just happen to know that in Fl manslaughter carries 20-30 years. I'm not saying she asked her family before the trial but just happen to pick up that info one day talking to them.

As jurors they can bring it up in the jury room.

For a while I was worried about the manslaughter but now I'm sticking to what I said long ago, he will be found not guilty.

#3289856 - 07/12/13 08:06 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: pass-thru]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: pass-thru
Women jurors tend to be more analytical, less likely to default to preconceived notions, more open to discussion of the evidence. This is the first time they have been allowed to discuss the evidence amongst each other. They may well go through every piece of it before they even take a vote.

They get to decide for themselves what reasonable doubt means. They may spend a good deal of time discussing that.

Typically, the longer a jury is out, the worse it looks for the defendent. Once reason for this is some juries will take each element, and go through every piece of evidence diagraming what evidence supports the conclusion that each element has been met. Or there is disagreement which if not resolved results in hung jury.

If everybody is inclined to acquit....it can happen very quickly.

They are still within the bounds of reason. If it gets into midafternoon tomorrow without a decision....it starts looking bad for GZ. They may think they split the baby with manslaughter...but the reality is the sentence is just as stiff in FL.

Pass-thru, my prediction is as follows below. I'd be interested in your thoughts on mine.

Conviction (flip a coin between 2nd degree murder or manslaughter) by way of jury nullification though mob rule by proxy. The identities of the six jurors are known or can easily be determined. If they acquit, they must spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders. That consideration is likely to outweigh any evidence in favor of Zimmerman at hand, no matter how clear and convincing.

#3289876 - 07/12/13 08:31 PM Re: Zimmerman Jury [Re: Bambi Buster]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

B29: Juror B29 is a Hispanic woman who works overnight at a nursing home. She lived in Chicago when the shooting happened and has several children.

B76: Juror B76 is a white, middle-aged woman who heard about case on the news. She called it a “great opportunity” to serve on jury and “wants a fair trial.”

B37: Juror B37 is a white woman in her 30s. She has three dogs, four cats and a parrot. She also works at a chiropractic office and doesn’t watch TV. She spends her time rescuing wildlife and said the trial is a state burden. She also thinks concealed weapons training is not adequate.

B51: Juror B51 is a white, middle-aged woman who is retired. She said she has an opinion and is not close minded. She said she remembers police saying Zimmerman should wait but didn’t. She said it’s “good to know we can consider bias.”

E6: Juror E6 is a white woman her mid-30’s. A preemptory challenge on her by the state was denied. She used to work in financial services, and said she doesn’t know enough of the facts to form an opinion.

E40: Juror E40 is a white, middle-aged woman who said she is a lawyer at heart. She also said she could steer jurors to only consider evidence set forth in court. You have a “responsibility if you bare arms,” she said.

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (jb3, 1908_Cubbies, Planking, 444 Fan, tc 308, Mudbone, 16 invisible) and 157 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95713 Topics
1120524 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.