Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3292255 - 07/15/13 07:58 PM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: rukiddin?]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
 Originally Posted By: Master Chief
 Originally Posted By: timberjack86
Buckshot!

Why? I never really understood why you would use it even if it was legal. A rifle or slug seems so much more practical.

If you ever shoot one inside 40yds with a load of 1B's, you'll see why!!!
Yep I went on a hunt in bama once and got to use it. Very deadly inside 40 yards! Kinda like rabbit hunting only bigger

#3292456 - 07/15/13 10:36 PM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: kldeerkiller]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Originally Posted By: kldeerkiller
1 buck limit and shorter gun and muzzleloader seasons.

we don't have a long muzzleloader season I would say if we are going to cut gun season it should be shorter gun season. but im not a fan of going to neither I would rather see a 2 buck limit instead. but that's just me.

#3292518 - 07/16/13 03:19 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: Wes Parrish]
BigSatt
10 Point

Loc: Northern Middle Tn.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
IMO, going to a simple 2-buck limit would improve Tennessee's top-end antler results more than the antler restrictions currently being used by any state.

I second that emotion!

#3292542 - 07/16/13 05:32 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: Wes Parrish]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Just an observation:

Our bordering state of Kentucky is now ranked #1 in the addition of B&C-class bucks over the past few years. Kentucky doesn't have any antler restrictions.

IMO, going to a simple 2-buck limit would improve Tennessee's top-end antler results more than the antler restrictions currently being used by any state.

How so Wes? I've seen where the percentage of hunters that have taken a third buck are very small. Just wondering how dropping that third buck off the list would make any significant impact one way or the other.

Disclaimer: I'm not a WB, just want to know how. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3292558 - 07/16/13 06:14 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: Wes Parrish]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

east Tennessee(unit B) had a 2 buck limit. it made little to no difference over the 3 buck limit.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3292563 - 07/16/13 06:34 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: MUP]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: MUP
Just an observation:

Our bordering state of Kentucky is now ranked #1 in the addition of B&C-class bucks over the past few years. Kentucky doesn't have any antler restrictions.

How so Wes? I've seen where the percentage of hunters that have taken a third buck are very small. Just wondering how dropping that third buck off the list would make any significant impact one way or the other.

exactly!! that third buck doesnt amount to a hill of beans since the percentage of them being taken is so small!! hunters are restricting themselves more now than ever so why put more on them? east tn had a 2 buck rule for a good while made absolutely no change in the size of oyur bucks.

#3292569 - 07/16/13 06:42 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: knightrider]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: stik

east Tennessee(unit B) had a 2 buck limit. it made little to no difference over the 3 buck limit.

Originally Posted By: knightrider
 Originally Posted By: MUP
Just an observation:

exactly!! that third buck doesnt amount to a hill of beans since the percentage of them being taken is so small!! hunters are restricting themselves more now than ever so why put more on them? east tn had a 2 buck rule for a good while made absolutely no change in the size of oyur bucks.

we are seeing bigger bucks WITH the 3 buck limit. no further restrictions are necessary.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3292722 - 07/16/13 09:29 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: stik]
morgancountry
4 Point

Loc: wartburg, tn

Originally Posted By: stik

I agree! Not any difference in the 2 or 3 limit. The 2 buck limit was a huge improvement on the previous restrictions... 11 bucks or whatever crazy number it was. I think the regs in Tennessee are awesome and keep the vast majority of us happy.

#3292798 - 07/16/13 10:29 AM Re: What out of state deer hunting regs do you like? [Re: morgancountry]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

I am pretty happy with ours actually. I actually like the laws Texas has against poaching and how much they seem to enforce it. Also one I don't like is NC using dogs to deer hunt. I was able to kill deer consitently without running dogs. I think it is harder hunting for sure. I used to have to crawl to get to some of my tree stands. But I don't think the deer would stay in the thickets as bad over there if they weren't pressured as hard as they are. Before deer season you see them everywhere but after they start running the dogs you never see them even during the rut.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (Roost 1, philburr, smyrnagc, Rockhound, bassybuck47, BlackBelt, 1 invisible) and 53 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93198 Topics
1088551 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.