Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3288637 - 07/11/13 01:35 PM Re: High end, boutique broadheads? [Re: UTGrad]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
 Originally Posted By: Radar
I pick a broadhead based on performance out of my equipment , and blade sharpness . I currently use NAP Killzones , and find the sharpness to be much better than Rage and ther mechanicals .
The sharpest fixed blade heads I have used are the G5 Stinger . I don't give a crap where they sell them , If I want replacement blades , I want them readily available locally , not through mail order !

Do you like the COC or trocar tip Killzone? I am getting 73 lbs KE and curious if this is enough for Killzones. I currently shoot Grim Reapers. They are great as well.

I like the trocar tip better , because they retain their edge/point better than cut on contact , especially when striking rib bones . I had the cut on contact rage heads and I hated them for that reason . The NAP heads are much sharper and have a better closed blade retention than the Rage heads too .

#3288892 - 07/11/13 05:59 PM Re: High end, boutique broadheads? [Re: Poser]
sneakybow
Spike

Loc: Tennessee

[/quote]

I saw that, but, from what I recall, most of the "unfavorable" reviews had to do with sizing -primarily people complaining about the gaps in sizing of the pants, which, for many customers, require hemming. And, if you are taller than a 34 inseam, he has nothing available for you. That sucks and all, but that's part of dealing factory direct with a small company. He probably doesn't have the capital to order 10,000 pairs of 38 inseams. [/quote]

True, I doubt he has that kind of capital, but you never know...he's been selling a ton of gear it seems like. I'm more of a First Lite kind of guy myself.

#3289133 - 07/12/13 12:20 AM Re: High end, boutique broadheads? [Re: Radar]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

content Online
I pick a broadhead based on performance out of my equipment , and blade sharpness . I currently use NAP Killzones , and find the sharpness to be much better than Rage and ther mechanicals .
The sharpest fixed blade heads I have used are the G5 Stinger . I don't give a crap where they sell them , If I want replacement blades , I want them readily available locally , not through mail order !

???? Did Magnus and G5 have a baby? \:D Sorry Radar....I couldn't help myself! \:\)

#3289211 - 07/12/13 07:09 AM Re: High end, boutique broadheads? [Re: sneakybow]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: sneakybow

I saw that, but, from what I recall, most of the "unfavorable" reviews had to do with sizing -primarily people complaining about the gaps in sizing of the pants, which, for many customers, require hemming. And, if you are taller than a 34 inseam, he has nothing available for you. That sucks and all, but that's part of dealing factory direct with a small company. He probably doesn't have the capital to order 10,000 pairs of 38 inseams. [/quote]

True, I doubt he has that kind of capital, but you never know...he's been selling a ton of gear it seems like. I'm more of a First Lite kind of guy myself. [/quote]

First Light is definitely high quality. And... you can occasionally find it on sale during the off season.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3289507 - 07/12/13 12:54 PM Re: High end, boutique broadheads? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy

???? Did Magnus and G5 have a baby? \:D Sorry Radar....I couldn't help myself! \:\)

http://www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/22

Oops , I ment Striker . My bad . ;\)

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Tennessee Todd, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
66 registered (dmonty, JAY B, MUP, Mudbone, duckriver, beachguy, 11 invisible) and 130 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85189 Topics
1029593 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.235 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.