Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3287714 - 07/10/13 04:27 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

content Online
 Originally Posted By: thejetman
Lol. In theory, it works. But it works more as a means to dissolve organic molecules (poop) in my fish tank. And yes, In concentrated amounts, it will harm you, but, is there any hard evidence or a case study to prove so?

More to the point, is there any evidence it will help you kill a deer or that it even works at all in the woods. Is it possible it is a device cleverly couched, that will help the company selling it get rich and odes nothing more?

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3287716 - 07/10/13 04:30 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

content Online
 Originally Posted By: MattR
So, I mean would it really have that much effect on you even though you are in open air? I mean, say if I fart in an enclosed room, lol, I will smell it way more and for longer than if I farted outside. I would think since the harmful effects of ozone are measured in parts per million, you being outside would change the doseage you are getting. Excuse my analogy btw. I just would think that the studies on in were probably in an enclosed space, or have they done it in open air and how much you would still be exposed to. I am not getting one or anything this is just completely for the sake of discussion.

Let me perhaps put your mind at rest. It is nothing more than an expensive gimmick and will njot help you one iota whenit comes to killing anything. So, save your money and brain strain. It does not work. If it did, for as long as it has been on the market, every Tom, Dick and Lisa on TV would be using one.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3287745 - 07/10/13 04:56 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: bowriter]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Cool, good point about the tv. I was just curious on how it would be harmful in open air.

#3287798 - 07/10/13 06:10 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: bowriter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
 Originally Posted By: MattR
So, I mean would it really have that much effect on you even though you are in open air? I mean, say if I fart in an enclosed room, lol, I will smell it way more and for longer than if I farted outside. I would think since the harmful effects of ozone are measured in parts per million, you being outside would change the doseage you are getting. Excuse my analogy btw. I just would think that the studies on in were probably in an enclosed space, or have they done it in open air and how much you would still be exposed to. I am not getting one or anything this is just completely for the sake of discussion.

Let me perhaps put your mind at rest. It is nothing more than an expensive gimmick and will njot help you one iota whenit comes to killing anything. So, save your money and brain strain. It does not work. If it did, for as long as it has been on the market, every Tom, Dick and Lisa on TV would be using one.

Have you tried using one or did the deer behind your house tell you it's a gimmick?

The problem with your statement is that several TV hunters do use the Ozonics machine. Not only that, but read the threads I posted earlier in this thread. You'll see there are many non-sponsored, run-of-the-mill bowhunters saying that it has worked very well for them. Some of them posted pictures they took of deer downwind at close range. They have tried it. You haven't. I haven't either.

Ozonics Pro Staff

I see that Will Primos is on the Ozonics Pro Staff team. If you know Will then maybe you could get his opinion of the system off the record. Or maybe you could get Mark Drury to give us his take. Yes, hold on to your britches folks - one of the Drury brothers is on the Ozonics Pro Staff team. So is Tom Nelson from American Archer.

The fact is that ozone destroys human bacteria and odor and is a proven deodorizer used in the commercial sanitation industry. It's not inconceivable to think that if you mounted an ozone machine above your head that the continuous ozone "cloud" blowing downwind with your scent would destroy some of it or maybe even a lot of it. The science supports the application.

So I have to respectfully disagree with you and so do many experienced and accomplished hunters. I don't see how you're qualified to declare an ozone generator an expensive gimmick for hunting, especially because you've never tried one. That being said, I have no intention of buying or using one. It's one more thing I don't want to carry on walks to a stand and I don't like the health risks of sitting under an ozone machine for hours.

I have seen many comments from actual Ozonics owners and users, both professionals and amateurs, who believe it works very well. I have seen few if any comments from Ozonics owners and users who believe it's a gimmick. $400 gimmicks don't last long in the marketplace in the internet age. They end up in the Cabela's Bargain Cave at 75% off until they sell out and are never to be heard from again. Ozonics is still here.

Edited by Vermin93 (07/10/13 06:15 PM)

#3288079 - 07/10/13 11:15 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
RS
8 Point

Loc: Smithville, TN

My brother uses one and swears by it. I'm not sure what I think about it, but I must admit that his "luck" has gotten much better since using it. He took 3 bucks last year...all over 150 inches and two were with a bow and coming from downwind.
Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (ratman, Mudbone, Tony USMC, devo1980, Clay Criner, Lincoln Co Archer, 14 invisible) and 144 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93233 Topics
1088676 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.