Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3286044 - 07/08/13 08:53 PM More thoughts to ponder.....
thejetman
6 Point

Loc: Knox

Anyone have one of those Ozonics things? If so, experiances.
Anyone make a mock rub yet? Lol

#3286050 - 07/08/13 09:05 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

I've never had the pleasure of wasting my money on one

"It's not whatcha got, it's what you give." -Tesla

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
-John Muir

#3286054 - 07/08/13 09:11 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: Master Chief]
BHC
6 Point

Loc: Wayne Co. , Tennessee

I could see how one would work in an enclosed space, but how could it in open air the air that thing dispense just desperses into the environment... Maybe be good for box blinds, but I don't think it would be that effective in an open environment with moving air...

#3286066 - 07/08/13 09:28 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: BHC]
thejetman
6 Point

I have a salt water dish tank. With an ozone generator in it. I have seen the results live in an enclosed living ecosystem. And it really does make a difference in how the water clarity is. Ozone is just a way of breaking down organic material into smaller molecules and dissolving them into inorganic matter. So, the theory behind this is good, kindof. I just can't justify 299? Dollars on it when the one in my fish tank was 49.99........

#3286083 - 07/08/13 09:43 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Never seen one works bit I highly doubt it worth what they say it is. I'll never pay that

#3286102 - 07/08/13 09:58 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I don't have one, but there are many hunters down here in Texas that swear by that Ozonics device. I was surprised by all the praise I've read about it considering how it's been mostly ripped and called a gimmick on tndeer.

If you're really interested then here's some links to threads on the subject.

Ozonics

Ozonics

ozonics????

ozonics

#3286198 - 07/09/13 05:13 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: Master Chief]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

In the words of Duck Commander...Nnno.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3286223 - 07/09/13 06:25 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MUP]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Research suggests that they work surprisingly well. I think BSK has posted some information about their effectiveness. That being said, I have no interest in using one.

A friend of mine does use one on his clothes storage bin and also runs it in his truck quite a bit during the season (in addition to regularly washing seat covers and wiping down surfaces with scent killer spray). He does this despite the fact that he changes clothes in the field. I think his rationale is that he has the device, so he might as well use it. He keeps his truck pristine anyway, so might as well keep it scent free, too. He does not use the device in the woods, however.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3286403 - 07/09/13 10:26 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: Poser]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Cool concept, but if I'm dropping 300 bucks on something I don't believe it would be that. I would think it wouldn't be 300 dollars better and more convenient than proper scent elimation and using the wind to your advantage. I mean, so far scent hasn't been a problem for me, the precautions I take are time consuming but not that big of a deal. Maybe if I had the money to spend on it and had some of the things I want now I would consider it. But until then I will tell myself I don't need it. LoL

Edited by MattR (07/09/13 10:29 AM)

#3286458 - 07/09/13 11:13 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
MattR
8 Point

Ok, I looked in to it, and there is a company that makes an o zone generator that puts out up to 500 mg of ozone and one that puts out 30 mg .I don't know how much the ozonic puts out but from what I gather all you have to do is make a battery pack for it which wouldnt be hard. The smaller set up cost 70 bucks so I mean thats a huge different. Also there are some people that are selling them already constructed but I can't find any of those. I would probably try this because it is the same concept but not being around 400-500 dollars. Less risk.

#3286506 - 07/09/13 12:05 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Just remember that concentrated ozone is dangerous to people. I'm not sure I would want to be sitting next to an ozone pump for hours at a time, day after day.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3286751 - 07/09/13 05:01 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Buy the most expensive, it has to be the best. Have you seen the one that makes you invisible?

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3286774 - 07/09/13 05:34 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: bowriter]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Have you seen the one that makes you invisible?

I tried to but couldn't see it. ;\)

I heard Joe Super Pro Buckslayer was going to be the product's sponsor. That is, until he found out his face wouldn't be visible in the commercial. ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3286806 - 07/09/13 06:21 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: BSK]
thejetman
6 Point

Lol. In theory, it works. But it works more as a means to dissolve organic molecules (poop) in my fish tank. And yes, In concentrated amounts, it will harm you, but, is there any hard evidence or a case study to prove so?

#3287160 - 07/10/13 08:00 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: thejetman
And yes, In concentrated amounts, it will harm you, but, is there any hard evidence or a case study to prove so?

Tons of it. Just google ozone generators. Safe exposure levels have been developed, and ozone generators can significantly exceed those amounts, causing short and long-term (possibly permanent) lung inflammation and damage.

Ground-level ozone is classified a toxic substance.

#3287359 - 07/10/13 10:39 AM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

So I looked up something and found an atricle. http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

My question is this. It describes the amounts of the oxone as parts per million or ppm when the only way the other sites describe it is milligrams. I guess that would depend on if you are in an open space or not right?

BSK, I had no idea that it was toxic. What don't you know about? \:D . Wealth of knowledge for sure

Edited by MattR (07/10/13 10:39 AM)

#3287542 - 07/10/13 01:23 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: MattR
BSK, I had no idea that it was toxic. What don't you know about? \:D . Wealth of knowledge for sure

Learning is my hobby! ;\)

#3287544 - 07/10/13 01:27 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
MattZ9
Spike

Loc: Tennessee

I think its a waste of money, and somewhat cheating

#3287575 - 07/10/13 01:53 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattZ9]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Loc: Here

Originally Posted By: MattZ9
and somewhat cheating

If this is the case, everything we do is cheating. I don't use it due to the effects it has on your lungs (did my research when they first came out), but with this logic unless you run around naked and kill your game with your bare hands you are cheating! HAHAHAHA

#3287698 - 07/10/13 04:10 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: redheadshooter]
MattR
8 Point

So, I mean would it really have that much effect on you even though you are in open air? I mean, say if I fart in an enclosed room, lol, I will smell it way more and for longer than if I farted outside. I would think since the harmful effects of ozone are measured in parts per million, you being outside would change the doseage you are getting. Excuse my analogy btw. I just would think that the studies on in were probably in an enclosed space, or have they done it in open air and how much you would still be exposed to. I am not getting one or anything this is just completely for the sake of discussion.

#3287714 - 07/10/13 04:27 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: thejetman]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: thejetman
Lol. In theory, it works. But it works more as a means to dissolve organic molecules (poop) in my fish tank. And yes, In concentrated amounts, it will harm you, but, is there any hard evidence or a case study to prove so?

More to the point, is there any evidence it will help you kill a deer or that it even works at all in the woods. Is it possible it is a device cleverly couched, that will help the company selling it get rich and odes nothing more?

#3287716 - 07/10/13 04:30 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
bowriter
Non-Typical

So, I mean would it really have that much effect on you even though you are in open air? I mean, say if I fart in an enclosed room, lol, I will smell it way more and for longer than if I farted outside. I would think since the harmful effects of ozone are measured in parts per million, you being outside would change the doseage you are getting. Excuse my analogy btw. I just would think that the studies on in were probably in an enclosed space, or have they done it in open air and how much you would still be exposed to. I am not getting one or anything this is just completely for the sake of discussion.

Let me perhaps put your mind at rest. It is nothing more than an expensive gimmick and will njot help you one iota whenit comes to killing anything. So, save your money and brain strain. It does not work. If it did, for as long as it has been on the market, every Tom, Dick and Lisa on TV would be using one.

#3287745 - 07/10/13 04:56 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: bowriter]
MattR
8 Point

Cool, good point about the tv. I was just curious on how it would be harmful in open air.

#3287798 - 07/10/13 06:10 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: bowriter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter

Let me perhaps put your mind at rest. It is nothing more than an expensive gimmick and will njot help you one iota whenit comes to killing anything. So, save your money and brain strain. It does not work. If it did, for as long as it has been on the market, every Tom, Dick and Lisa on TV would be using one.

Have you tried using one or did the deer behind your house tell you it's a gimmick?

The problem with your statement is that several TV hunters do use the Ozonics machine. Not only that, but read the threads I posted earlier in this thread. You'll see there are many non-sponsored, run-of-the-mill bowhunters saying that it has worked very well for them. Some of them posted pictures they took of deer downwind at close range. They have tried it. You haven't. I haven't either.

Ozonics Pro Staff

I see that Will Primos is on the Ozonics Pro Staff team. If you know Will then maybe you could get his opinion of the system off the record. Or maybe you could get Mark Drury to give us his take. Yes, hold on to your britches folks - one of the Drury brothers is on the Ozonics Pro Staff team. So is Tom Nelson from American Archer.

The fact is that ozone destroys human bacteria and odor and is a proven deodorizer used in the commercial sanitation industry. It's not inconceivable to think that if you mounted an ozone machine above your head that the continuous ozone "cloud" blowing downwind with your scent would destroy some of it or maybe even a lot of it. The science supports the application.

So I have to respectfully disagree with you and so do many experienced and accomplished hunters. I don't see how you're qualified to declare an ozone generator an expensive gimmick for hunting, especially because you've never tried one. That being said, I have no intention of buying or using one. It's one more thing I don't want to carry on walks to a stand and I don't like the health risks of sitting under an ozone machine for hours.

I have seen many comments from actual Ozonics owners and users, both professionals and amateurs, who believe it works very well. I have seen few if any comments from Ozonics owners and users who believe it's a gimmick. $400 gimmicks don't last long in the marketplace in the internet age. They end up in the Cabela's Bargain Cave at 75% off until they sell out and are never to be heard from again. Ozonics is still here.

Edited by Vermin93 (07/10/13 06:15 PM)

#3288079 - 07/10/13 11:15 PM Re: More thoughts to ponder..... [Re: MattR]
RS
8 Point

Loc: Smithville, TN

My brother uses one and swears by it. I'm not sure what I think about it, but I must admit that his "luck" has gotten much better since using it. He took 3 bucks last year...all over 150 inches and two were with a bow and coming from downwind.
Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (waterman, pseshooter300, TennTurkeyHunter, BigAl, 1 invisible) and 84 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.